• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

Re: furthur to play in Napa in May

#233712 1 year, 8 months ago
furthur will play one long set like they did at wanee and all the other music fests they play
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#233715 1 year, 8 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Hmm...Sounds like fun at first look. But wait..no single-day tickets? It looks like an extra $100 for that Thursday night Furthur, so after my " 49'ers discount" I'm paying $350 for 4 days of bands that I guess I kinda like, but basically I'm paying $350 to see Furthur one night. Is it even a regular 2 set show? I've learned to not assume that at festivals unless they advertise it as such...Hmm... This is all making those Sweetwater and Terrapin shows look cheap. Next thought- are they really doing a one-off show? Perhaps they are playing that weekend somewhere else to be announced later? That would make sense. Okay, I really can't afford to spend that kinda money ($350) for one show, especially when I'm probably leaving the next day to catch the next show...This festival is for a good cause- raising money for autism- so if you got it throw it down. I gotta pass, unless they come up with a single-day Thursday ticket. Heck- I could probably even scratch up $100 for that one day ...but $350? And Primus Sucks!
I totally agree Mr. Nobody. At first glance I got real excited, even booked a room in Napa (know I could cancel), but then realized Furthur is only playing one day, and the fact that you can't buy single day tickets, it would be like a $2,000 festival for me and my wife. including gas food and lodging. think i might have to skp this one, would rather wait for something good to be announced at sweetwater or Terrapin crossroads.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
Chester
More or less in line

#233718 1 year, 8 months ago
Ok, so what other festivals are in that area, that Furthur could conceivably be performing at, that same weekend?
Or, perhaps, a festival yet to be named? Yeah, I'm fishing. It seems unlikely they would book a "one-off" show.
And I'm endlessly speculating on how it ties in with spring tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233722 1 year, 8 months ago
furthur could do a one off. it's not like they are traveling across the country to get to napa.

i am hoping they just do their own festival 5/10-5/12, fri-sun, somewhere in norcal. play the night before in napa and warm up
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr. nobody
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#233727 1 year, 8 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
furthur will play one long set like they did at wanee and all the other music fests they play

2 sets at Vibes both years... the first year featuring Furthur's first Terrapin encore, and it was the whole Suite to...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr. nobody
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#233728 1 year, 8 months ago
mr. nobody wrote:
Hmm...Sounds like fun at first look. But wait..no single-day tickets? It looks like an extra $100 for that Thursday night Furthur, so after my " 49'ers discount" I'm paying $350 for 4 days of bands that I guess I kinda like, but basically I'm paying $350 to see Furthur one night. Is it even a regular 2 set show? I've learned to not assume that at festivals unless they advertise it as such...Hmm... This is all making those Sweetwater and Terrapin shows look cheap. Next thought- are they really doing a one-off show? Perhaps they are playing that weekend somewhere else to be announced later? That would make sense. Okay, I really can't afford to spend that kinda money ($350) for one show, especially when I'm probably leaving the next day to catch the next show...This festival is for a good cause- raising money for autism- so if you got it throw it down. I gotta pass, unless they come up with a single-day Thursday ticket. Heck- I could probably even scratch up $100 for that one day ...but $350? And Primus Sucks!

wow I saw it was 300 for the festival but I didn't know they want an extra 100 for thursday (before the 49ers discount)... that's pretty outrageous, especially if it's extra for thursday but then no single day passes for that day...
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
Bigguns_Mcgills
Fresh Boarder

#233729 1 year, 8 months ago
What's the pre-sale password?
mr. nobody
Junior Boarder

#233730 1 year, 8 months ago
Yes- It's a great festival put on by good folks who like to raise money to help out autistic people. So if ya got the money and you'd like to go...Go for it! Enjoy! And Right On!
For those of us on smaller budgets and wanting to see more Furthur...Let the speculation begin! So now you've got the whole band together w/ crew and after Thursday night they are free...Maybe it's a one-off but why? It would be so easy to play at least Friday and Saturday. But where?
Shoreline? Fox Theatre in Oakland? Terrapin Crossroads? The Sweetwater? Some other major yet unannounced festival in some part of CA that would be good enough weather by early May? Hmmm... LA? But that would mess w/any plan to recreate the fall west coast runs we've had...Speculate away! You know you love to do it!
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by mr. nobody.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#233731 1 year, 8 months ago
Well, I don't know if I could breathe right anyway after I got into the rarefied air of the Legendary Napa Valley. Remember, one of the things they are offering is civility. Civility costs a lot of money, ya' know. And to think for those tickets prices we could all go to Glastonbury if we plan ahead... This is really a Food and Wine Geek event. People who need the assurance of civility and fine dining in order to feel comfortable at a festival. Marketed to the rich, world wide. It will be considered cache to fly in for this from Manhattan, France, Italy, etc. It's for high rollers who think nothing of dropping 4 bills on a fancy restaurant for a dinner for 2. It does look like they are looking for volunteers to work the event. For those with the time that might be worth looking into.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#233732 1 year, 8 months ago
Bigguns_Mcgills wrote:
What's the pre-sale password?

The Q&A page link above has the coupon code in the body of the text.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds