• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Why do some of you people get so insulted???

#233640 1 year, 8 months ago
But back to the topic. I get bummed when people are so affected by negativity on the board. It really seems to bother
Some folks here.

My best friends all have full expectation to tell me to fuck off when I need or
Deserve it. And I do the same for them. That's one way to tell that we're
Close, and that they care.

Same situation for me and DM. We had a difference of opinion, and both spoke our mind freely. I have much greater respect
For him now than before that. And I think we can be better friends because of it.

People who always are to nice all the time make me worry that they aren't being fully honest with me. THat rather than putting me on vblast when I deserve it they tip toe around the subject and try to avoid negativity by rewording thoughts to sound positive or nice. I'd much prefer the honesty in its original form, and sometimes that's negative, harsh, brutally honest, etc.

Please say what's on your mind fully and without filter.

And to the folks whom that bothers, please understand that it's not the
End of the world or the worst that could happen. Try not to let it get you down
So much please.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233644 1 year, 8 months ago
Ratdog has ALWAYS been made up of a rotating cast of musicians. It just so happened that the lineup you are familiar with remained consistent for 6 long years.

These are just two examples of the stupidity that goes on in this board.

Bullshit get a clue. I just debunked all your bs in the other thread. Ratdog had the exact same line-up from fall 98 on till January 2010. The only exception was Wasserman out, Robin in in 2003. Your the biggest example of stupidity when you don't know what your talking about and act all knowing. I saw over 100 Ratdog shows and all lineups (except the handful of Dave Mcnabb shows).

As far as Jeff playing with his back to the crowd I could care less. Further he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...he does not hate deadheads.

Oh and cross threading here but cell phones at shows suck. Nothing worse than standing behind some asshole holding his phone up in the air all show...or taking 1000 pictures. I can understand taking a photo or 2 ... but really you need 200 shots of Bob Weir from the same show?
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233645 1 year, 8 months ago
I forgot to mention Kimock filling in for Mark fall 2007 when he was fighting cancer.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#233646 1 year, 8 months ago
I think we (meaning someone besides me) should open a thread about venting, with everyone chipping in. This could easily become the second longest thread out here, after the The Infamous Word Association Game. Getting back to the most important part of this thread, that tiger on the rug sure looks cute. The picture with the tiger is a nice follow up. Uh, and one more thing. In cold climates, it is sometimes a good idea to wear a turtleneck. A bottle of brandy also helps keep warm, but someone may vent that I am pushing stuff that may not be healthy. I also liked the comments about going back to bed. This seems aprapos to the subject at hand. End of rave. I'm so glad I got this out of my system. Uh, we could also use a new thread about spring tour dates, though this may also be a topic for another thread. Reasons to be cheerful, part 3; why don't we get back into bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233662 1 year, 8 months ago
I'm insulted the dates haven't dropped. Am I too entitled?
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, nycdave
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#233666 1 year, 8 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I agree with what you're saying for the must part bout people bitchin and whining over the small bull shit but I did hear that Jeff just straight out hates Deadheads. Dunno, just what I heard and I pretty much believe everything I hear so....

I was curious about this, so I asked someone:

jeff pehrson ‏@setjeff
@NobleGlassArt I will simply say that is far from true.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233717 1 year, 8 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
iamthedoor wrote:
I agree with what you're saying for the must part bout people bitchin and whining over the small bull shit but I did hear that Jeff just straight out hates Deadheads. Dunno, just what I heard and I pretty much believe everything I hear so....

I was curious about this, so I asked someone:

jeff pehrson ‏@setjeff
@NobleGlassArt I will simply say that is far from true.

"YOU are insulted because Jeff plays a couple of songs with his back to the crowd! Big fucking deal!" (OP quote)

I think he meant Jeff C, but my ears and brain are prepared to swear on a stack of bibles that Jeff Chimenti and Jeff Pehrson LOVE deadheads.
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#233724 1 year, 8 months ago
Definitely meant Jeff C. and definitely was a joke like many of the whiny posts I see on here.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#233737 1 year, 8 months ago
thinman wrote:
This is ridiculous already. People are upset because Jeff plays with his back to the crowd. Others are upset because they feel that Mark and Kenny are indispensable Ratdog members. You people are fucking weird. Seriously, it is people like you who ruin everything. You bitch about the most meaningless things and the worst part is that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You are assuming Jeff plays with his back to the crowd because he is a dick and wants to purposely insult people. Mark and Kenny came into Ratdog when Ratdog was already a band. In fact, Ratdog has ALWAYS been made up of a rotating cast of musicians. It just so happened that the lineup you are familiar with remained consistent for 6 long years.

These are just two examples of the stupidity that goes on in this board.

To those of you who feel the need to express your OUTRAGE over such stupid shit...please get over yourselves. I bet you guys have serious entitlement issues in other areas of your life. Anything that doesn't go EXACTLY as you want it to just plain SUCKS and you make sure to let EVERYBODY know just how YOU feel about things. YOU are insulted because Jeff plays a couple of songs with his back to the crowd! Big fucking deal!

does he really play with his back to the crowd? ... I recall him facing the crowd on the organ and with his side to the crowd on the piano...

and I didn't read this thread yet, just your first post, which sounds like some pretty ridiculous bitching and moaning to me - exactly what it seems you came to complain about...
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#233772 1 year, 8 months ago
if jeff was such a dick he never would have hung out with me after the phil and friends show at wellmont theater and signed my shirt. the way his instruments are set up are for the sound. you gonna complain that pigpen or keith had its side toward the audience to?
Time to create page: 2.31 seconds