• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ratdog at Sweetwater

#233487 1 year, 8 months ago
Esaus Brother is my Son wrote:
wlewis wrote:
has anybody considered the idea that mark karan and kenny brooks may have some other musical endeavors they've already committed to?

over RD money? not possible

maybe they were offered more money in something else or have a more steady gig for the long term. you never know.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233500 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
him too. what if he's gonna be doing some shows with phil, or secretly playing jazz somewhere without telling anyone, or maybe he's gonna be on vacation with his wife after the broomfield shows. a zillion things could be going on.

That's what I was thinking - shows with Phil .. and maybe a vacation with wifey! Acoustic solo sets as well ...

edit: by acoustic solo set i meant that there is not quite the need for a keyboardist.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Denver Man.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233554 1 year, 8 months ago
UM thats not Ratdog. Not even close. I'm sure it will be fun, but why use the moniker? Take away the lead guitarist, keyboardist, and sax player.......you've ripped the heart out of the ensemble known as Ratdog. I know for a fact Mark and Kenny would be there in a NY minute if asked......I don't know years on the road together (with us) its a slap in the face..this is NOT Ratdog.. Mark & Kenny deserve better,,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
thinman
Junior Boarder

#233561 1 year, 8 months ago
Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't understand why people get so INSULTED when Bobby or Phil decide to play with certain people. Have you ever heard of the Ratdog Revue? Did you know that Mark and Kenny were "recent" additions to the band. Up until about '98, with the TOO tour, Ratdog was basically a blues band. At one point they had Vince Welnick. Johnny Johnson and a few others played with Ratdog throughout the years. Hell, even DJ Logic was in the band for a minute!

Ratdog IS NOT a set band. Never has been. Maybe the Mark, Jeff, Kenny, Robin lineup is all you know because they played together for about 6 years. What about Rob Wasserman? He is a founding member. Are they NOT Ratdog because Rob is not with them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, patchmyfurthur
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233580 1 year, 8 months ago
i know for a fact mark karan has been playing with terrapin flyer. for all anybody here knows, he's contracted into the next tour with them, and that might include both those dates on the other side of the country, where he would not be available.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#233582 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i know for a fact mark karan has been playing with terrapin flyer. for all anybody here knows, he's contracted into the next tour with them, and that might include both those dates on the other side of the country, where he would not be available.

I did hear that Terrapin Flyer was trying to book some spring dates....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#233588 1 year, 8 months ago
The RatDog Quartet

Sounds sweet, wish I was closer to Bobs Music Hall. Between that and all of the revolving line-ups at Phil's Place......

grateful-dead-california-license-plate.jpg
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#233610 1 year, 8 months ago
thinman wrote:
Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't understand why people get so INSULTED when Bobby or Phil decide to play with certain people. Have you ever heard of the Ratdog Revue? Did you know that Mark and Kenny were "recent" additions to the band. Up until about '98, with the TOO tour, Ratdog was basically a blues band. At one point they had Vince Welnick. Johnny Johnson and a few others played with Ratdog throughout the years. Hell, even DJ Logic was in the band for a minute!

Ratdog IS NOT a set band. Never has been. Maybe the Mark, Jeff, Kenny, Robin lineup is all you know because they played together for about 6 years. What about Rob Wasserman? He is a founding member. Are they NOT Ratdog because Rob is not with them?

I know, that's whay I didn't get into Ratdog until the lineup was consistent. I have a hard time getting into revolving line ups. I suppose that makes me an asshole because I have my likes and dislikes and they don't jive with yours.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#233611 1 year, 8 months ago
YEAH! WHERE'S ROB!!!????

The insanity of this.

OR not.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233641 1 year, 8 months ago
thinman wrote:

Gee thanks for the update genius. Now let me correct your stupidity. Ratdog with Mark Kenny Jeff played from fall 98 till 1-31-10..thats nearly 12 years. Robin joined in 03. I saw the last show with the "old lineup" 4-5-98 Electric Factory (last tour) Matt Played a show on 9-6-98. I've been seeing Ratdog damn near since its inception..the first time at the tower on I believe 8/20/95 (show was postponed due to Jerrys passing). If you had a clue you would know how emotional those post Jerry Ratdog shows were. Vince Welnick only lasted a handful of shows as he attempted suicide O'd' ing on the Ratdog tour bus and was kicked out. . Matt Kelly was also a member through 4-5-98. DJ logic played with them for less than a year and only played on 3-4 songs a show at most and was considered a guest not a full time member. Johnny Johnson only lasted through spring 97.Dave Ellis was the original horn player but he too only lasted a few years. So Ratdog was a set band since 98 with the only change being Wasserman out Robin in in 03. 12 years is a long time for a band.....that myself and many other die-hards toured with. Bob obviously can play with whomever he wants... but to call it Ratdog is a sham and a slap in the face to the musicians who largely helped to form the Ratdog "sound" -namely Mark & Kenny.....Jeff has been aboard with Further so he may just want a break. To those of us who loved Ratdog....this is akin to Bobby playing with Kreutzmann, Lesh and another little known guitarist and calling it The Grateful Dead.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233647 1 year, 8 months ago
for posterity's sake is should also be noted that kimock subbed in for karan when he was sick in 2007...i enjoyed that
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#233650 1 year, 8 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
for posterity's sake is should also be noted that kimock subbed in for karan when he was sick in 2007...i enjoyed that

That was my all time favorite Ratdog tour. The show at RR was totally far out. Man that was a good time!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds