• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Ratdog at Sweetwater

#233464 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
has anybody considered the idea that mark karan and kenny brooks may have some other musical endeavors they've already committed to?

Yes. What about Chimenti?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233465 1 year, 6 months ago
him too. what if he's gonna be doing some shows with phil, or secretly playing jazz somewhere without telling anyone, or maybe he's gonna be on vacation with his wife after the broomfield shows. a zillion things could be going on.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#233473 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Nice to see Robin's back on his feet.

That was my first thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Esaus Brother is my Son
Junior Boarder

#233478 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
has anybody considered the idea that mark karan and kenny brooks may have some other musical endeavors they've already committed to?

over RD money? not possible
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233487 1 year, 6 months ago
Esaus Brother is my Son wrote:
wlewis wrote:

over RD money? not possible

maybe they were offered more money in something else or have a more steady gig for the long term. you never know.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233500 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
him too. what if he's gonna be doing some shows with phil, or secretly playing jazz somewhere without telling anyone, or maybe he's gonna be on vacation with his wife after the broomfield shows. a zillion things could be going on.

That's what I was thinking - shows with Phil .. and maybe a vacation with wifey! Acoustic solo sets as well ...

edit: by acoustic solo set i meant that there is not quite the need for a keyboardist.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Denver Man.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233554 1 year, 6 months ago
UM thats not Ratdog. Not even close. I'm sure it will be fun, but why use the moniker? Take away the lead guitarist, keyboardist, and sax player.......you've ripped the heart out of the ensemble known as Ratdog. I know for a fact Mark and Kenny would be there in a NY minute if asked......I don't know years on the road together (with us) its a slap in the face..this is NOT Ratdog.. Mark & Kenny deserve better,,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
thinman
Junior Boarder

#233561 1 year, 6 months ago
Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't understand why people get so INSULTED when Bobby or Phil decide to play with certain people. Have you ever heard of the Ratdog Revue? Did you know that Mark and Kenny were "recent" additions to the band. Up until about '98, with the TOO tour, Ratdog was basically a blues band. At one point they had Vince Welnick. Johnny Johnson and a few others played with Ratdog throughout the years. Hell, even DJ Logic was in the band for a minute!

Ratdog IS NOT a set band. Never has been. Maybe the Mark, Jeff, Kenny, Robin lineup is all you know because they played together for about 6 years. What about Rob Wasserman? He is a founding member. Are they NOT Ratdog because Rob is not with them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, patchmyfurthur
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233580 1 year, 6 months ago
i know for a fact mark karan has been playing with terrapin flyer. for all anybody here knows, he's contracted into the next tour with them, and that might include both those dates on the other side of the country, where he would not be available.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#233582 1 year, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i know for a fact mark karan has been playing with terrapin flyer. for all anybody here knows, he's contracted into the next tour with them, and that might include both those dates on the other side of the country, where he would not be available.

I did hear that Terrapin Flyer was trying to book some spring dates....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds