• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DrippingColors
Junior Boarder

Re: Spring announcement

#233672 1 year, 6 months ago
The good news is that retirement rumors seems to be put to rest, the bad news is an Eastern, Midwestern Furthur show might not happen until Summer, after nearly a year's absence.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#233673 1 year, 6 months ago
Thursday night...
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233675 1 year, 6 months ago
See what happens...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#233691 1 year, 6 months ago
I wish they'd "spring" it on us already
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233703 1 year, 6 months ago
Maybe they're just getting other business out of the way before they bring out the spring dates. So far it looks like April's wide open.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#233710 1 year, 6 months ago
I know they announced the last 2 spring runs a lot earlier but lately a lot of stuff is announced only a month or 2 in advance... a lot of it isn't Furthur except those Sweetwater shows but still...

we all know any little venue they play out east is going to sell out within a week, if not right away, so there is still plenty of time for a east coast spring run to happen, and no need for them to worry about getting the dates out early for ticket sales.

normally I'd start to think maybe no tour but it's so highly rumored by so many sources that I still can't believe that's the case...
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233711 1 year, 6 months ago
I think a bunch of shows last summer did not sell out or sold out in the last week before the show.

Maybe they want to get the mo$t bang for their buck and do summer/fall East coast this year?

A LOT of people actually had the nerve to put up a stink about that 8 night Beacon run, freaking out over not getting tickets to a presale or some other mularkey,maybe the band noticed

Bob's words were 3 tours a year although Im not holding him to it, it's all GRAVY at this point
-- smell every flower --
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#233713 1 year, 6 months ago
Yes, it is all gravy at this point. Exactly.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#233714 1 year, 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
I think a bunch of shows last summer did not sell out or sold out in the last week before the show.

Maybe they want to get the mo$t bang for their buck and do summer/fall East coast this year?

A LOT of people actually had the nerve to put up a stink about that 8 night Beacon run, freaking out over not getting tickets to a presale or some other mularkey,maybe the band noticed

Bob's words were 3 tours a year although Im not holding him to it, it's all GRAVY at this point

that's true about summer and also a lot of the east coast fall 2011 tour had very, very poor attendances so I wasn't surprised they didn't do that again last year... but Spring tour is a sure sell out in the Boston/NY area

there all good thoughts, I still think it's gonna happen. I'm actuaaly thinking late Spring tour and maybe no summer with Furthur but Phil and Bob solo projects instead... that's nothing but a thought on my end but you heard it hear first
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233716 1 year, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
kevin wrote:

that's true about summer and also a lot of the east coast fall 2011 tour had very, very poor attendances so I wasn't surprised they didn't do that again last year... but Spring tour is a sure sell out in the Boston/NY area

there all good thoughts, I still think it's gonna happen. I'm actuaaly thinking late Spring tour and maybe no summer with Furthur but Phil and Bob solo projects instead... that's nothing but a though on my end but you heard it hear first

I really hope you're wrong. Im looking forward to 6 nights at Bethel, bring lots of apple brownies
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds