• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OZA
Senior Boarder

Music Never Stopped (film)

#233068 1 year, 5 months ago
Anybody ever heard about this, or seen it? I'm about to start watching right now. I meant to find the annotated Music Never Stopped but I stumbled across the movie. Reviews are alright, and any Grateful Dead connection means I'm watching it.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Music Never Stopped (film)

#233069 1 year, 5 months ago
Yeah, I've seen it. I really liked it. It's not about the Grateful Dead specifically. More of a story of the human condition,
and the strength we can find when we need to. Heartwarming story. With some sad moments.
I don't want to say too much. Enjoy it, and let us know what you thought.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233080 1 year, 5 months ago
Great movie and soundtrack. Bob called in favors from other Bands and that is why it has the beatles and other super high cost artists to license, they did not have to pay at all for the music. Maybe the first time ever. Musicians really like the idea of music being healing
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
OZA
Senior Boarder

#233101 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow very good movie. I read that this story is real - the power of music in unbelievable. I highly suggest this to anybody who hasn't seen it..
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#233115 1 year, 5 months ago
i have it on DVD. it made me cry one of the only movies that has done that. fantastically put together
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#233136 1 year, 5 months ago
There were a couple of threads about it when it came out. I watched it then and enjoyed it. Noticed it was available in Netflix streaming and added it to my instant queue but have watched it again as yet.

The actor playing the Dad is now in all the "Farmers Insurance" commercials.

Think you'll enjoy it too.

Looking forward to the upcoming Jerry Garcia film to be released. I think they may have started shooting but last I saw they were looking for funding angels.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
jcmarckx
Fresh Boarder

#233138 1 year, 5 months ago
It's a beautiful movie. I've seen it a couple times now. The Dead references are pretty cool!
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233180 1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Any Good Movie Recommendations??
#227391 2 weeks, 2 days ago

The Music never Stopped is a REALLY good movie about a mental patient who only comes out of his stupor when he hears music from his youth (late 60's, early 70's), solid acting, really good story and as a bonus, it shows a few of the characters attending a grateful dead concert which actually plays into the story. it's not a movie about the grateful dead, it's a movie about music bringing someone out of their mental state, I highly recommend it.
-- smell every flower --
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233233 1 year, 5 months ago
OZA wrote:
Wow very good movie. I read that this story is real - the power of music in unbelievable. I highly suggest this to anybody who hasn't seen it..

It is based on a case Dr Oliver Sacks had it is in the book en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Mistook_His_Wife_for_a_Hat. This is also where Rain Man came from also the story for "Awakenings"
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by gr8ful bruin.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds