• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

Red Rocks

#23301 3 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone have the scoop on best places to stay at Red Rocks? I have been there before but the only place I have really liked isn't there anymore. Any help is appreciated.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Red Rocks

#23302 3 years, 5 months ago
Hampton inn in Lakewood. Nicest Hampton I ever stayed at. Reasonable and about 10 minutes to the rocks.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#23315 3 years, 5 months ago
gratefulade wrote:
Does anyone have the scoop on best places to stay at Red Rocks? I have been there before but the only place I have really liked isn't there anymore. Any help is appreciated.

Unless you or someone in your group is a fan of driving after shows, I'd suggest staying away from downtown denver or the tech center ... it's a good 20-35 minutes. I've done it before & it's not exactly the most convenient. There can also be tons of traffic on weekday afternoons prior to the show (i.e. friday).

Stayed at the Best Western in Lakewood last year ... which was like 10 minutes away. There's a few clusters of hotels that are all about this distance on either 285, route 6, or 470 (either north or south). I'd suggest just going on Kayak and setting the results to "map" and visually checking out where everything is situated.

In years past, I've camped at Chief Hosa (dont think this is running anymore for shows) and have also stayed up in Idaho Springs for cheap ... which is nice to wakeup in the mountains.
intothesun
Visitor

#23408 3 years, 5 months ago
hampton inn is nice for the money...they have a descent breakfast deal included.
intothesun
Visitor

#23410 3 years, 5 months ago
Denver sucks. everything east of denver sucks. the magic starts once you start climbing the grade . lookin for a chateau.....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23439 3 years, 5 months ago
chief hosa rocked
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

#23617 3 years, 5 months ago
>Denver sucks. everything east of denver sucks. the magic starts once you start climbing the grade . lookin for a chateau.....<
I have to disagree I live here and I bet youve never been in the highlands neighborhood.I can walk downtown,we have great restaurants and bars.. East denver is boring compared to other parts,but Denver does not suck..just a opinion..
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#23626 3 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
chief hosa rocked

I can't remember the last time I camped there, might have been for the dead on '03?

It was totally over the top ... starting with parking your car all the way back on that frontage road & getting hit up for this or that the WHOLE way back to the camp ground. The porto johns all had warnings about a hepatitous oubreak. The ambulance came at least two times, one of which was an OD. I remember leaving for one of the shows & seeing this dude try hitch a ride with the car in front of me ... I could tell right off this guy wasn't exactly all about peace and love, so I refused him a ride when it was my turn, but then he proceeds to block my car and tell me I NEED to give him a ride ... which at that point I'm like, now you've earned my trust and waited for him to get out of my way and left. It just turned to a much more sketchy scene there ... which I think is one of the reasons it's no longer in operation (for shows).

I've never camped at the resevoire (chatfield?).
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23706 3 years, 5 months ago
well the whole scene kinda turned into that i was there in the late 80s we had a ball .bonfires and good times
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#23807 3 years, 5 months ago
residence inn by marriot in highlands ranch was pretty killer, met some cool heads there...only drawback is it was 10-12 mi away, about 20 min drive in, 15 home....we drove all 3 nights, no problems (thank god)...i was hoping to stay closer this year, but may go back to residence inn because i know it works for me
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds