• Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: where do you get groceries?

#233005 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
23atwell wrote:
Target, Cosco and Safeway. Sprouts and trader joes, kinda far from the house but great place to shop.

Glad to see that you put Trader Joes's on the list. I was going to suggest Trader Joe's for anyone that has one accessible. It's one of my favorite places to find real organic food, unfortunately the closest one is about 50 miles away from my town.

Just got back from Trader Joe's, I couldn't live without it! Though it seems like I can't get everything at one store any more. It's Target for paper/cleaning stuff, Whole Foods for fruit/veggies/meats, and Trader Joe's for everything else. An occasional Kroger stop for brand name items that WF and TJ's don't carry.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#233006 1 year, 8 months ago
I like to get produce at a higher end grocery store (like Whole Foods/Whole "Paycheck") when I can, which is hardly ever. But Hy-Vee has an awesome organic section and Price Chopper has some good-looking fruits and veggies too. Those two are my go-to places since they're close to my house, have MUCH lower prices than WF, usually good produce, and a point card that allows me to get $ off gas.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
Chester
More or less in line

#233008 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:

however, i do miss wegmans. not sure how many of you will even know what wegmans is, but was a staple in western new york, at least where i grew up. they make a damn fine sub over in the sub shop as well.

when available, i try to hit farmers markets if in close proximity.

I have a Wegmans right down the street. Less than a mile. It's really too convenient. So, I get sucked into whatever they
decide to push on any given week. They do offer deals, and great specials. But they don't get much locally grown fresh
produce, except for those few months they can get it at one of their contracted farms. During those months, I frequent
local farm stands and markets. No Whole foods, but there is a Trader Joe's, in one of the upper class neighborhoods.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#233011 1 year, 8 months ago
By the way, a piece of advice for those of you with a Trader Joe's around: DON'T BUY THESE CONES!!! Seriously, trust me on this one. They look small and innocent, but they're horribly addictive and you can't stop at one!! They're known as "crack cones" around here. Beware!!

Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#233051 1 year, 8 months ago
Wegmans!!!!There is no substitute!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
mortimer
Junior Boarder

#233062 1 year, 8 months ago
Raleys/Bel Air and Trader Joes
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#233088 1 year, 8 months ago
Steinberg's. they had a roller deal for your groceries that went from the cash register to the parking lot pickup area. sometimes bag boy buddy would put you in a box and shoot you down the roller deal with your groceries so you could meet mom who had the car parked at the pickup area.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#233095 1 year, 8 months ago
We need tour dates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#233192 1 year, 8 months ago
Grocery Store of course!

pretty much go to Stater Bros and the sweet Mexican market next door that has the freshest fruits and veggies round these parts
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233199 1 year, 8 months ago
I too shop at Vons aka Safeway
I also shop at Albertsons.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by DancingTurtle.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds