• Topics not covered in other forums.
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

Re: Things Not to be Cheap When Buying

#233075 1 year, 8 months ago
rZenoMarx wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
Dogs don't ask for much, If you can afford get them the good stuff!
I would recommend Iams Eukanuba, which is what we fed our dog until we ran into an Iams testing video and then read up on their practices. Such a fucked company. The animal testing they do is barbaric and cruel. I never jumped ship from a company so fast as Iams. I'd go into detail, but it is truly sickening.

Purina is the first to send pallets of food to disaster areas. They're the first to send medical aid to Iditarod dogs. They do a lot of charitable work in the animal field. They aren't without fault, and I'm not foolish enough to think their charity isn't driven by marketing. Nevertheless, they're an action company. They do things.

Purina is not good food, it is full of corn and animal byproducts. Costco has good quality food for less money. Remeber no grains gluten or by products
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233077 1 year, 8 months ago
who makes Costco's food? They farm out all their Kirkland brand. Not saying that is a negative, but it means I'd like to know who is making the stuff.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233078 1 year, 8 months ago
All usa made and costco tests every product sold and only sell the best, for instance a few years ago china sold bad food but not costco, there is a cnbc doc that goes into detail about how they test every product in their lab. Costco is awesome and is the opposite of walmart. They also pay their empolyees well and give them heathcare
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233079 1 year, 8 months ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
All usa made and costco tests every product sold and only sell the best, for instance a few years ago china sold bad food but not costco, there is a cnbc doc that goes into detail about how they test every product in their lab. Costco is awesome and is the opposite of walmart. They also pay their empolyees well and give them heathcare

I did an insane amount of research when I got Mr Charlie(at Left). Probally 100 hours worth. Other good food is Blue Diamond and wellness Core.

It is really about ingredients and costco has the right ones.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233124 1 year, 8 months ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
Good information. That's cool. I have watched the Costco doc. While some of Costco is agreeable, I don't care for all their practices. I wasn't a fan when Target carried brands that didn't want Target to carry them, either. Target may have been the first discount store to do that. I feel a manufacturer should be able to decide who sells their junk.

I'd still like to know who makes the Costco dog food for them. I'm glad they use good ingredients, but it is also important to me which company makes it. I want to know who I'm supporting.

EDIT: I went googling for the company that makes the food, and this was on the first page. I'm not posting the link to argue against your choice. I will continue to look into the food, and with the sloppy way food is processed today, this could happen to any food company, pet or human. It's a numbers game to food companies. They don't care a bit about anyone or any being. Stockholders are their main concern. I thought Diamond Pet Foods had some poor feedback, but maybe I'm confusing it with another company when I was looking for an Iams replacement.
www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/k...and-dog-food-recall/
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by ZenoMarx.
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233220 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah never mind my advice, I did my research a couple years ago and therefore it can not be offered as any thing definitive. I was looking for cat food only and the super premium brands were the best but my budget allowed for the proper ingredients and at the time for any kind of reasonable price costco had that. Did not know about the recall and I have some more research to do but thank you for the info. I will say that I will be incredibly suprised if this happens to Costco again, there whole existence is based on the premise that you can trust them and americans to do not fuck around with their pets. Ask Michael Vick
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#233325 1 year, 8 months ago
You know those rolled hot dogs at 7-11?

That's a good place to be cheap, real cheap, and not get any at all.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#233331 1 year, 8 months ago

Attachment watch[1] not found

As anyone who has driven more than a mile from home can tell you, never scrimp on a reliable automobile. I always howl when people bring out the old tour stories about the shitmobile that didn't make it to the show, or got pushed off the road, or got towed etc etc.

newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#233451 1 year, 8 months ago
I love to cook, but be careful when attracted to certain meats. The trick is to learn to make a less than perfect meat taste great.

Cheese is one item I will not skimp on.

Must be real Coke to drink

Hellmans mayo

Good Booze

Cigars

Bacon. I cannot stress the importance of eating premium bacon. If you never have tried it, you will never go back once you do.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#233453 1 year, 8 months ago
lol,^^^. My wife made BLT lastnight and she bough thin bacon. She said it wa a accident but... I like the thick cut, the good kind. Big difference
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker, Bacon Rocks
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#233454 1 year, 8 months ago
newyawker wrote:
I love to cook, but be careful when attracted to certain meats. The trick is to learn to make a less than perfect meat taste great.

Cheese is one item I will not skimp on.

Must be real Coke to drink

Hellmans mayo

Good Booze

Cigars

Bacon. I cannot stress the importance of eating premium bacon. If you never have tried it, you will never go back once
you do.

Love it. This man has got his priorities set straight. good bacon. I'm so sad, i have one piece of bacon left from
Bacon & Bacon, in SF. need to find some local thick cut.

Rice. i like good rice.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#233456 1 year, 8 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
66slim wrote:
TOILET PAPER!

This is the first thing I thought if when I saw this thread...

I concur but Al Gore suggests frugality in usage with one square per . . .. movement or wipe? Don't remember.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds