• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: furthur shows you never hear about

#232847 1 year, 7 months ago
Atlantic City 2/27/10
This show kicked some serious ass and set em sailing on high for the well lnown Chicago shows to follow. Superb setlist, great playing

Set 1: Passenger
Next Time You See Me
King Bee
Hell in a Bucket
Crazy Fingers>
Cumberland Blues
Magnolia Mountain,
Sugaree

Set 2: Lost Sailor>
Saint of Circumstance
China Cat Sunflower>
I know You Rider>
The Wheel>
Dark Star>
Stella Blue
Unbroken Chain
One More Saturday Night

E: Gloria
theothrone
Senior Boarder
-

#232890 1 year, 7 months ago
john paul jones show from november 8th 2011. Such a sweet truckin>new speedway>caution. Whole show is pretty good in my opinion, nice west la fadeaway.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-11-08.sb...ficial.117327.flac16
it's an obsession but it's pleasing
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#232908 1 year, 7 months ago
I thought that this show was swell:

Furthur
Sratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, New York
July 19, 2011

____Set I_____
Here Comes the Sun
Cosmic Charlie
Pride of Cucamonga
Hell in a Bucket
So Many Roads
Lost Sailor>
Saint of Circumstance
Casey Jones

____Set II_____
Born Cross-Eyed>
Caution>
Cryptical Envelopment>
The Other One>
Wharf Rat>
Eclipse>
Mountains of the Moon>
Uncle John's Band>
Viola Lee Blues

__Encore__
_Donor Rap_
Box of Rain
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#232916 1 year, 7 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
i saw all those shows, all kick ass shows. to this date ive seen furthur 156 times and keep going furthur (~);}

a show that stood out for me was the Nokia theater show in 2010 when bobby was so fucked up he forget everything in the 1st set and i know alot of people left, somehow he regrouped for the 2nd set and it was awesome.

archive.org/details/furthur2010-07-28.ne...beacon.109102.flac16

What is going on with this? Can I get some video?
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#232919 1 year, 7 months ago
tinyrager.com/2010/08/04/furthur-nokia-t...mes-square-07-28-10/

found this. Scroll down the whole el paso is there. Something is really wrong with Bob here you can see everything that happens on stage...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#232969 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
You guys are onto something with that 2010 winter tour. The stretch I hit (Broomfield > Portland > San Francisco) was a blast. The inaugural Broomfield and Phil's 70th birthday shows have been mentioned but never Portland and that is still in my top 5 Furthur shows. A handful of rare songs plus that killer 2nd set.

archive.org/details/furthur2010-03-08.be....weber.106803.flac16

Furthur
March 8, 2010
Portland Memorial Coliseum
Portland, OR

Set 1

Picasso Moon
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Friend Of The Devil
Mama Tried
Built To Last
Black Throated Wind
Peaceful Valley
Passenger

Set 2

Scarlet Begonias>
Fire On The Mountain>
Hell In A Bucket
West L.A. Fadeaway
Reuben And Cerise
Days Between
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider

E:
Knockin' On Heaven's Door>
Touch Of Grey

This was the one that I also feel is fairly unknown. I suggested it to Connor when he was often requesting Picasso Moon, but he had not heard this version. Black-Throated Wind was delightful, and the second set,and encore left us wanting more...and we got it a couple of days later in San Francisco for Phil's birthday show!

Here's the link to the soundboard: archive.org/details/furthur2010-03-08.sb...ficial.112972.flac16
Thank You Jerry
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#232972 1 year, 7 months ago
Typ0 wrote:
tinyrager.com/2010/08/04/furthur-nokia-t...mes-square-07-28-10/

found this. Scroll down the whole el paso is there. Something is really wrong with Bob here you can see everything that happens on stage...

He appears dosed to me. Particularly the way he comes in and out. If you have ever taken ALOT at once you know this is what happens, in a kind of rhythmic way.

This happened all the time back in the day (Acid Tests particularly) but the rest of the band just went with it rather than focus on the negative energy of the moment. This IS what the dead is all about from the begining. If Phil would have played it cool and just used it as a moment to jam out, the whole thing could have turned into a nice moment.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#232974 1 year, 7 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
Portland, Memorial Coliseum February March, 2010. Amazing Blackthroated/Scarlet Fire/West La....
I agree... (month corrected)
Thank You Jerry
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#232993 1 year, 7 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
You guys are onto something with that 2010 winter tour. The stretch I hit (Broomfield > Portland > San Francisco) was a blast. The inaugural Broomfield and Phil's 70th birthday shows have been mentioned but never Portland and that is still in my top 5 Furthur shows. A handful of rare songs plus that killer 2nd set.

archive.org/details/furthur2010-03-08.be....weber.106803.flac16

Furthur
March 8, 2010
Portland Memorial Coliseum
Portland, OR

Set 1

Picasso Moon
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Friend Of The Devil
Mama Tried
Built To Last
Black Throated Wind
Peaceful Valley
Passenger

Set 2

Scarlet Begonias>
Fire On The Mountain>
Hell In A Bucket
West L.A. Fadeaway
Reuben And Cerise
Days Between
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider

E:
Knockin' On Heaven's Door>
Touch Of Grey

This was the one that I also feel is fairly unknown. I suggested it to Connor when he was often requesting Picasso Moon, but he had not heard this version. Black-Throated Wind was delightful, and the second set,and encore left us wanting more...and we got it a couple of days later in San Francisco for Phil's birthday show!

Here's the link to the soundboard: archive.org/details/furthur2010-03-08.sb...ficial.112972.flac16

Cool you guys. I will add one more vote here as well.

Handn't even heard of Furthur until about a week before the show. I am like "Furthur???" when my bros mentioned the name and said it was Bob and Phil and the dude from DSO. What????? Well that sure sounds like a lot of fun.

Then I get calls from them at Broomfield. They are blown away and say I have to go, so I do.

Unfortunately I dont get floor GA ticks and end up in the bowl, by myself. But of course not as I hook up with a bro from Boulder who is trippin'. I'm thinking "man, that sure sounds like fun" and "it has been a long time".

And the key moment for me that night is the start of Scarlet. The last time I was in this building it was summer of 1983 to see the GD with my then gf (and her mom of all things). They played my first Scarlet > Fire that night, the one song I had been yearning to see them play in my first 3 years of getting on the bus. Thought for sure I would get one at the Greek in May that year but not to be so.

So we had only ok ticks, and decide to work our way to the front for the 2nd set, and do (with the mom, maybe that helped). And then Jerry hits that chord. That B chord. Bum bump!!!! Have a listen:

archive.org/details/gd1983-08-26.110903....aweez.D5scott.flac16

And I might as well have been 17 again. They hit Scarlet and man it hits me. I love this place, I love this music, I love these people, I love this scene and I AM FREE!!!!

Cant say that I have the 100+ Furthur shows, but can say that I have been on a great ride with them for the last 3 years:

PDX ('10)
Cuthbert ('10/'11)
Edgefield ('12)
Vegas ('11)
Broomfield ('11)
BGCA ('11/'12)
TXR ('12)
Greek ('10/'11/'12)
SB Bowl ('10/'12)
MCU Park ('12)
Bethel ('12)
Sweetwater ('13)
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233204 1 year, 7 months ago
archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-17.sb...ficial.113508.flac16

st patties day '11

one and only whiskey in the jar, first 5 tunes had whiskey references

2nd set was jam after jam after jam after jam you get it.

everybody and their brother/sister got arrested that day. rough scene in the parking lot. but a slammin' show.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds