• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

Please Keep Dark Star as ONE track! PLEASE

#2326 3 years, 4 months ago
I really REALLY love Dark star. later on I'm gonna write some in depth thoughts on Furthur's Dark Star progression since the start back in Oakland. But I thought I'd get this out. Please play Dark Star All the way through instead of separating it. and if you have have to separate it which would be nice if you didn't, don't separate it by more than 1 song.

The only Dark Star i really loved that was split was the first one at Oakland with the Dark Star v1> Welcome To The Dance > Dark Star v2.

on a side note. i would really love to hear yall play Welcome to the Dance more. its a GREAT tune. if played more id say it competes with Mountain Song as my Favorite new Phil tune. Saw it in SF for Pre NYE and i saw the first one in Oakland. that intro work JK did on the Pre NYE show was AMAZING just mesmerizing LOVED IT.

OK I'll safe my Dark Star Essay for later. 1 last thing. ive noticed especially during summer tour the dark stars were SHORT. i miss the days when Dark Star was always a LONG tune...i remember Phil n Friends did a 45 min Dark Star! would love to see some versions over 20min or even over 30! anyways just one Deadheads hopes.

Hope ya read this guys (from Furthur, or Mgmt)
spiritfingers
Junior Boarder

Re: Please Keep Dark Star as ONE track! PLEASE

#2354 3 years, 4 months ago
can dark star just go on hiatus for a few years? i love the song way too much to hear it every 3rd show
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#2360 3 years, 4 months ago
Are you referencing the 4-17-99 dark star by Phil and Friends with Trey and Kimock? If so that was the finest Dark Star I have ever heard. The entire show was built around it and I listen to it very frequently
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#2414 3 years, 4 months ago
I've seen some split Dark Stars that were way cool

11/12/01 columbus comes to mind
Ilike it either way
CalliopesAndClowns
Junior Boarder
Bobby fans are people too!!!

#2425 3 years, 4 months ago
spiritfingers wrote:
can dark star just go on hiatus for a few years? i love the song way too much to hear it every 3rd show

Explain.
This afternoon, streets turned grey and I watched the cars below
My time coming any day, don't worry 'bout me, no
Deadphishie55
Junior Boarder

#2431 3 years, 4 months ago
Let them do what they want with it. It may be better as one piece, but when they split it up and keep it together on some nights it makes the nights they do keep it together that much sweeter
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds