If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Launches

#34094 3 years, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
My problem with Ron Paul is that though I really like his style and what he believes about Iraq, drug policy and civil liberties infringements like the Patriot Act, he then loses me with the hard core free market ideology and worse yet his anti-choice views. It's that "every man for himself" part of libertarianism that I can't accept. As a nurse, in a Ron Paul, free market health care system, I could be standing outside the doors of 2 patients with exactly the same cancer diagnosis, knowing that the guy with the money who can afford insurance from an unregulated, profit-driven market will live and the guy next to him, with no money for chemotherapy and no government-sponsored safety net will die. Assuming the latter guy was able to even access enough services to get a diagnosis in the first place. I hate to sound so melodramatic, but it’s something to think about when assessing his candidacy, IMHO.

Sue..... the guy with money is the one that will live..its like that now. Sue, have you ever been to a rainbow gathering?
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#34185 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
My problem with Ron Paul is that though I really like his style and what he believes about Iraq, drug policy and civil liberties infringements like the Patriot Act, he then loses me with the hard core free market ideology and worse yet his anti-choice views. It's that "every man for himself" part of libertarianism that I can't accept. As a nurse, in a Ron Paul, free market health care system, I could be standing outside the doors of 2 patients with exactly the same cancer diagnosis, knowing that the guy with the money who can afford insurance from an unregulated, profit-driven market will live and the guy next to him, with no money for chemotherapy and no government-sponsored safety net will die. Assuming the latter guy was able to even access enough services to get a diagnosis in the first place. I hate to sound so melodramatic, but it’s something to think about when assessing his candidacy, IMHO.

Sue..... the guy with money is the one that will live..its like that now. Sue, have you ever been to a rainbow gathering?

But at least now the guy without the means can sometimes get assistance and there are, especially since the latest legislation, some controls on the health insurance industry. I’d rather see those regulations strengthened and access for all increased, and I just don’t think the free market will do that. A single-payer system will, but that’s very anti-Ron Paul and a whole other discussion!

I’ve always had the best intentions of meeting friends at a rainbow gathering, but have never quite made it to one yet.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#34210 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#34213 3 years, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Abba wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

But at least now the guy without the means can sometimes get assistance and there are, especially since the latest legislation, some controls on the health insurance industry. I’d rather see those regulations strengthened and access for all increased, and I just don’t think the free market will do that. A single-payer system will, but that’s very anti-Ron Paul and a whole other discussion!

I’ve always had the best intentions of meeting friends at a rainbow gathering, but have never quite made it to one yet.

Well Sue, when you do make it to a gathering and past Welcome Home...keep walking down the trail towards Main Meadow and you should see signs for CALM...stop on in at CALM.

" CALM is the tribe of people at the Rainbow Gathering who are entrusted with setting up public health and sanitation systems and with providing health care for Family members during the Rainbow Gatherings.

The CALM staff is made up of volunteers representing a broad range of healing modalities. Among our group are found licensed medical doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, certified homeopaths and naturopathic doctors, lay and nurse midwives, EMTs, social workers and mental health counselors, massage therapists, herbalists, Native American shamans and other spiritual healers."

One of my problems with the government in charge of my healthcare is the fact that they are 100% againist naturopaths.
I'm not a fan of being fed pharmaceuticals and told that my natural meds are now illegal
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#34221 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for reading my rants
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Abba.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#34261 3 years, 3 months ago
You rant good, Abba, and thanks for the gathering info. Definitely my kind of caring folks. The most natural and least intrusive methods are always the best, be it in government or health care!
morey
Fresh Boarder

#34263 3 years, 3 months ago
Nothing left to do, but SMILE,SMILE,SMILE!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by morey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#34283 3 years, 3 months ago
I like Bill Maher
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!