• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Making a Living?

#232606 1 year, 7 months ago
Currently Nuthin
Looking for a job. Hopefully my dream job. Doesn't have to pay millions as long as I'm happy doing it and it pays the bills and allows for a few shows a year. Any suggestions?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#232619 1 year, 7 months ago
My grandfather literally did work for the mob back in the 30s and 40s. Wasnt a made man himself, but did "jobs" for them. Nothing violent, it was associated with politics. Like counting pot holes. LOL.

Risk management. How boring does that sound? Its embarassing. LOL. Actually I dont get embarassed about anything really, drives me wife and kids nuts. Guess after dancing crazy at 100s of shows that there is nothing I can do to top that. LOL.

My passion though is skiing. Was a pro back in the 80s, back not enough money. Trying to monetize it again now that its so big and all the X games has become so popular. I thought about it back then and but was just too far ahead of our time. Back then there was only 50 people in the whole country skiing crazy shit and doing tricks. And no one cared.

It was a fringe sport. Climbing mountains and skiing down them. Today its very popular. My old joke is that me and my climbing partner always dreamed of coming across "babes in the backcountry". Needless to say it never happened.

Today, there is actually a website called babes in the backcountry. Man how times change.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#232628 1 year, 7 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Currently Nuthin
Looking for a job. Hopefully my dream job. Doesn't have to pay millions as long as I'm happy doing it and it pays the bills and allows for a few shows a year. Any suggestions?

I wodnt recommend social work. People love to tell you how rewarding it is. It's real easy to say that when its not your paycheck involved.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Barefoot Mountain Mama
Junior Boarder
If all else fails.... dance

#232841 1 year, 7 months ago
I have found myself rather eclectically employed. Work 3 very different jobs. By morning I'm a barista, by afternoon I'm an office administrator and on days off I'm a maid. On the side I do quality control for my favorite dispensary
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#232866 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i'm a federal undercover officer. they pay me to go on tour and talk to people like yourselves and find information.

I can tell you where the nearest liquor store is.
Mr. Goat
Junior Boarder

#232881 1 year, 7 months ago
7-12 Computer Teacher, certified in Social Studies, getting ESL certification soon.
God writes testament in stars
Believe no word you read
Until you see what action
Has been mothered by the deed
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#233236 1 year, 7 months ago
trained in the kitchen, got burnt out. We started a flower shop that turns 6 next month.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
icecremekid
Junior Boarder

#233383 1 year, 7 months ago
hated school,

Mum said if you get a job you can leave so @ 16yo Started as an apprentice lineman

Been building powerlines from one corner of Australia to the other since 1986

and New Zealand for a year

(there was that time I worked in Minnesota without a green card or visa or passport for about 6 months too)
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#233445 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^^deadicated to linemen everywhere.....the jimmy webb classic
The following user(s) said Thank You: icecremekid
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#233446 1 year, 7 months ago
Im currently putting a crew together to sink that ship o Fools. Im a freshman in College wishing i was hopping freight trains and riding motorcycles. My major is glass blowing thinking about taking a different route without the school system. All our jobs are to take it furthur
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds