• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: TRIday the thirteenth

#23652 3 years, 5 months ago
i like this. unfortunately, i had my friend crazy mike over and we got balled up with our in-house meyer sound constellation. we were about to tune in, but my cat mr stains jumped up on the turntable--which at the time was playing the Korean Orphans Choir--then we lost all contact. needless to say, i had a Crown as crazy mike doesn't drink, we headed out and tried to get the Crescent Lounge to broadcast the event, but were overruled by karaoake. i sang "Truckin'" to try to turn the tide in our favour....but no dice. we went across the street for rabbit tacos, which consoled us somewhat.

hopefully my buddy leo copied it somehow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
reb
Visitor

#23658 3 years, 5 months ago
I would absolutely LOVE to hear last night's performance again to savor hearing acoustic versions of Bob's personal classics. Being able to hear the words to Corrina, Two Djinn, Ashes and Glass while seeing the emotion on Bob's face was priceless.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#23702 3 years, 5 months ago
Sounds like a winner by all accounts...Just watching this Let it Grow video from the studio and trying to imagine what it was like last night..I missed it

www.tristudios.com/default/index/detail/id/15

It's a good bet there will be a replay or shows will be archived..or will they try to sell them? l'm guessing archives, like IClips..

It'll be interesting to see if other groups follow suit. I could see Phish, other groups looking into this.
Todd Rundgren has been doing this for awhile, airing shows from his home studio in Hawaii.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by sjfgreenman.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23703 3 years, 5 months ago
bobby said last night he wants to make this the new mtv but with live music hes got upcoming shows planned chris robenson brotherhood is scheduled and im sure hes looking to book others he said"it cost a lot of coin" so i expect more shows and probably a fee or subscription
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#23710 3 years, 5 months ago
Where did you see that the Brotherhood is playing there? That's a good fit, that band is a ton of fun. I've seen em 3 times.

Pay per view in some form is inevitable if they are having other groups in there, it would have to at least cover costs since there is no sponser, no ads. I've wondered why they don't do whole runs in this form, like the RCMH shows. Plenty of folks would plunk down 10 bucks to have a live show.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23711 3 years, 5 months ago
bob said "chris robenson and his band is gonna play" straight from the horses mouth so to speak
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 4.71 seconds