• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Whiskey in the Winter...

#23145 3 years, 4 months ago
For a little winter tipple I like Knob Creek Bourbon, neat. I had about 3 or 4 shots of this before the NYE shows, and it stuck with me the whole night! Just the right amount. It was like time released or something, and enhanced my evening quite a bit.

For a summer cocktail I like a vodka and mango with fresh lemon on ice. I took a mini cooler of this to the last Shoreline and had a great time sharing it with friends in the lot.

Any other fun ideas that involve a moderate intake of alcohol?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Whiskey in the Winter...

#23148 3 years, 4 months ago
try long island ice tea

one shot each of :
vodka
rum
tequila
gin
and triple sec

shake in a tall glass of ice and color with just a dash of coke

it might sound nasty but it's a very suprizingly smooth but potent combination
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#23150 3 years, 4 months ago
Is that really what's in those? I remember trying those back in the early 80's in NYC, but I thought they tasted like ice tea. Maybe I'm not remembering right. Potent sounds like a kind word. My rule is to never mix liquors, but I wouldn't turn down a sip just to try it.the highway terror wrote:
try long island ice tea

one shot each of :
vodka
rum
tequila
gin
and triple sec

Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#23156 3 years, 4 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
For a little winter tipple I like Knob Creek Bourbon, neat. I had about 3 or 4 shots of this before the NYE shows, and it stuck with me the whole night! Just the right amount. It was like time released or something, and enhanced my evening quite a bit.

For a summer cocktail I like a vodka and mango with fresh lemon on ice. I took a mini cooler of this to the last Shoreline and had a great time sharing it with friends in the lot.

Any other fun ideas that involve a moderate intake of alcohol?

I tried whiskey when I was in N.C. and haven't went to anything else...its the nectar of Satan!! It makes you want to drink it in the morning its so damn good...the bodyload in the morning is not bad..no hang over..its amazing
WHISKEY!!!
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#23162 3 years, 4 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Is that really what's in those? I remember trying those back in the early 80's in NYC, but I thought they tasted like ice tea. Maybe I'm not remembering right. Potent sounds like a kind word. My rule is to never mix liquors, but I wouldn't turn down a sip just to try it.the highway terror wrote:
try long island ice tea

one shot each of :
vodka
rum
tequila
gin
and triple sec

Yeah, that's the correct recipe for long island ice tea, I used to drink them back in the 80's too ! There was a joint in columbus called Rocky's that had something like 50 different Ice Tea Varieties, but that's the one we used to drink most often
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#23319 3 years, 4 months ago
We used to buy pitchers of it, $11 a pitcher, I'd buy the first one, the next guy would buy the next, by the end of the table (usually three or four of us) we'd be well on our way.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder

#23344 3 years, 4 months ago
does anyone remember 2 for 1 drink specials ?
they made it illegal in ohio about 25 years ago
redneck lawmakers ! who needs 'em !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23407 3 years, 4 months ago
captaintony wrote:
We used to buy pitchers of it, $11 a pitcher, I'd buy the first one, the next guy would buy the next, by the end of the table (usually three or four of us) we'd be well on our way.
that was you huh go figure
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#23409 3 years, 4 months ago
the highway terror wrote:

Another reason I love Florida so much. Here when you do 2 for 1, they bring em at the same time!
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#23441 3 years, 4 months ago
the highway terror wrote:

My favorite drink special is from a similar time if not place. In my hometown of Bladensburg, Maryland was once an old country music club very close to the DC line called Crossroads. Roy Buchanan fans will know it as the joint where Roy was discovered back in 1971. Indeed, Jerry Garcia saw Roy play there that same year when the Dead were playing just up U.S. 1 at College Park. Likewise, John Lennon and other famous musicians also made a similar pilgrimage back then to witness Telecaster Master Roy Buchanan in action up close.

Anyway, by the time I was hanging there regularly in the middle 1980s, both the local community and the club were in transition (the club was dying). So, as a way to attract a crowd and keep the doors open, management implemented a mid-week 'Nickel Night' - whereby each entrant paid a $6 cover at the door - and then, until closing, EVERY domestic beer or rail drink was just 5 cents each.

Looking back, I never had a drinking problem in those days. As I remember it, I only had a going-to-work-the next-morning problem after a night spent spending my nickels there.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds