• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

42 Years Ago Today (A Spiritual Experience)

#231160 1 year, 8 months ago
I'm in Seattle for work again, this time staying in downtown. I was walking down Alaskan Way tonight with this show from Seattle 1971 in my ipod and had the craziest, most energetic vibe hit me ....Man I love the Grateful Dead!! No other band can give you flashbacks to a time and place that you weren't even a apart of but somehow gives you the feeling that you were there! I felt like this show was happening right now, here in Seattle. Ok I'm being weird but what a trip...

I love how Bobby says "We're running short on time so we'll wrap it up with this number" and they proceed to play - Lovelight > Not Fadeaway > GDTRFB > Lovelight > Drums > Good Love ... Friggin awesome!!

archive.org/details/gd71-01-24.sbd.lai.6247.sbefail.shnf

Jan 24, 1971
Seattle Center Arena

Truckin',
China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider,
It Hurts Me Too,
Cumberland Blues,
Casey Jones,
Sugar Magnolia
Hard To Handle,
Turn On Your Lovelight > Not Fade Away > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > Turn On Your Lovelight > Drums > Good Lovin'
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: 42 Years Ago Today (A Spiritual Experience)

#231169 1 year, 8 months ago
Looks like a good choice to check out here at set break, thanks! I hope the trip goes quickly and smoothly!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231208 1 year, 8 months ago
we'll wrap it up with this "number"........classic

a true lol when I read that.

To try and put it succinctly, this band can do some strange things to people. , that's fer sher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#231304 1 year, 8 months ago
Jerry : We're in the the same position as the Deadheads about that phenomenon, really - the magic side of it. Everybody experiences it on their own terms...
Bob : What many people fail to recognize is that they are every bit as much a part of the magic as we are. That magic only happens when we're on stage performing, and it only happens between the band and the audience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds