• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: Terrapin Rambles START TONIGHT!

#231435 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks to Jay Blakesberg Photography for
Ramble at Terrapin Crossroads with Phil Lesh, God Street Wine, John K, Jeff C, and special guest Bob Weir!
It was a special and moving night for all in tribute to our dear friend Kathy Sunderland.

Back Row: John Kadlecik, Jason Crosby, Jeff Chimenti, Jon Bevo, Aaron Maxwell, Phil Lesh, Dan Pifer
Front Row: Lo Faber, Bob Weir, Tom Osander (aka Tomo)
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#231454 1 year, 8 months ago
Bill writes: I did not hear Slipknot! at the time, and I still don't think Help on the Way made a transition to Slipknot! To me, it was all Help on the Way. The repeat of a conversation is not necessary, but I'd really like to hear that Slipknot! How did I miss another one?

At this point we are probably beating a dead horse, however for the sake of accuracy (a noble cause if ever there was one), IMHO I think that WLewis is right about this one. I also remember the drum portion, though I didn't think that it was that bad, just different. Even with 4 / 5 th's of Furthur being present, there were other musicians involved, which contributed to the sound of Slipknot! being different. Considering I added songs that weren't played to the setlist, I am probably not in any position to way in on this, but what the heck, I know what I know. Or at least I think I do. Does anyone have a picture of last nights setlist? Chances of this show being released as a sound board are slim. There is a better chance of this being on u-tube (though there may be some legal issues relating to that).

In any case, it's all good. How important this conversation is, is not all that important. We are having fun here and the person who posts the setlist's should be as acurate as he or she has the ability to be. So it should be. Did anyone besides me hear that Michelle tease? Just kidding. On a different topic, Bill the photo's you are posting are great!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#231460 1 year, 8 months ago
bill you ain't crazy. carry that weight didn't happen. i remember seeing the setlist after the show and only 3 songs on there. when i logged on here i saw carry that weight on there. i could have sworn i heard it. i was taken back almost 2 years last night to the same mindset of the spring 2011 tour when some of those songs were debuted by furthur. i was taken for a few unexpected trips last the show was truly out there. a strange thing but in a good way. however, that being said, slipknot! did occur. it was a help>slip>golden road.

i am hoping for a repeat peformance. maybe see jk give that fiddle a whirl tonight.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, nycdave
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#231464 1 year, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Bill writes: I did not hear Slipknot! at the time, and I still don't think Help on the Way made a transition to Slipknot! To me, it was all Help on the Way. The repeat of a conversation is not necessary, but I'd really like to hear that Slipknot! How did I miss another one?

In any case, it's all good. How important this conversation is, is not all that important. We are having fun here and the person who posts the setlist's should be as acurate as he or she has the ability to be. So it should be. Did anyone besides me hear that Michelle tease? Just kidding. On a different topic, Bill the photo's you are posting are great!

Dave, thanks so much for driving the bus. Please don't feel as if I am questioning your accuracy. I am really questioning my listening ability. For some peculiar reason, I am failing to recognize Slipknot! as it becomes manifest. It seems that I am expecting Slipknot! to tie into the following song in an orderly fashion, and the Slipknot! does not arrive in such a manner. I seemed to have developed poor listening habits concerning Slipknot! I suppose this ramble is more therapeutic than anything. Hopefully a recording will appear, I will hear the Slipknot!, and I will learn to recognize the transition from the previous tune. Thanks to all for assisting in my efforts for self improvement today!
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#231474 1 year, 8 months ago
Purchased a couple hours ago, can't wait.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#231486 1 year, 8 months ago
Bill: Please don't feel as if I am questioning your accuracy
I have no concerns here. Whoever keeps score should be accurate. Tonight, I'm glad we have someone who knows what they are doing, even if that person has issues recognizing one song. (LOL) Chances are good, this issue will not come up again, at least not this weekend.
As for Cary that Weight, obviously they did not play that song. In my own defence, the end has two verses which in which part the whole musical structure of the song is different. Okay I admit it, thats a lame excuse. I f**ked up. Oh yea, all right.
I view this whole discussion not about who is right or wrong, just about whether a song was played or not. There were two disputed calls, one which I blew. Uh perhaps a statistical analasis of my score keeping abilities doesn't way in my favor. I'm a big boy, I can handle constructive criticism. Sometimes.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#231493 1 year, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Bill: Please don't feel as if I am questioning your accuracy
I have no concerns here. Whoever keeps score should be accurate. Tonight, I'm glad we have someone who knows what they are doing, even if that person has issues recognizing one song. (LOL) Chances are good, this issue will not come up again, at least not this weekend.
As for Cary that Weight, obviously they did not play that song. In my own defence, the end has two verses which in which part the whole musical structure of the song is different. Okay I admit it, thats a lame excuse. I f**ked up. Oh yea, all right.
I view this whole discussion not about who is right or wrong, just about whether a song was played or not. There were two disputed calls, one which I blew. Uh perhaps a statistical analasis of my score keeping abilities doesn't way in my favor. I'm a big boy, I can handle constructive criticism. Sometimes.

^ ^ ^ ^

We are all happy here!!!

Downloadable recording of show (Slipknot! included)

www.dropbox.com/sh/01x23ut43e9dfi9/jz-fNo9PXu/2013-01-24
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#231496 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#231502 1 year, 8 months ago

Downloadable recording of show (Slipknot! included)

www.dropbox.com/sh/01x23ut43e9dfi9/jz-fNo9PXu/2013-01-24
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#231503 1 year, 8 months ago

Coming Soon,,,Is the Jerry stamp next?
Thank You Jerry
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds