• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OZA
Senior Boarder

Weather Report Suite

#230984 1 year, 6 months ago
So I hear LIG quite often, but never the full suite. The full suite is one of my favorite Dead compositions, and I really wish they would play it more. Have they ever played it?
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Weather Report Suite

#230986 1 year, 6 months ago
OZA wrote:
So I hear LIG quite often, but never the full suite. The full suite is one of my favorite Dead compositions, and I really wish they would play it more. Have they ever played it?

Yes. Several times. And I wish they would do it every time. Having heard it, I tend to feel a little let down when they don't.
Here's the most recent one. Red Rocks, 9/21/12 Tracks 11, 12 and 13.
archive.org/details/Furthur2012-09-21.bsc2
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#230987 1 year, 6 months ago
10 full weather report suites (prelude>pt 1>let it grow)

first time they played the prelude and part 1 was the tour closer 2010-11-21 midwest/east tour. they played "time" in between part 1 and let it grow

also, on 2012-04-17 they did a prelude>pt 1>saint of circumstance
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, OZA
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#230988 1 year, 6 months ago
Phil & Friends also played Weather Report Suite on the first night of a ten night east coast run. 11/7/12 - Rosemont Theater, Montclair, NJ. The first set that night was the complete Wake of the Flood album.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by nycdave. Reason: The only addition
Skeeto111
Junior Boarder

#230989 1 year, 6 months ago
They played it this year at Red Rocks on Friday to open the Second Set.

It was phenomenal. Very sweet. And the crowd wasn't talking too much so you could actually hear it. It was very very beautiful to see Bob and the whole band and much of the audience putting there heart and soul into the song.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SunshineSue
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#230998 1 year, 6 months ago
I needed to see that thank you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#231005 1 year, 6 months ago
as much as I love Weather Report, and trust me it's one of my favorites, I feel like everytime they do Let It Grow would be to much to do the whole suite. Being more rare seems to make it more special when it does come up...

I wish the GD never stopped playing it, Any WRS from 73-74 (only time played by the GD) just about puts me in a trance.

Bob's also been doing it solo

that was weird at the Beacon with the WRS>Saint ... they just did Let It Grow the show before and as someone behind us calls Weather Report to open the 2nd set, me and the guy next to me were pretty much laughing saying "yea they just did LIG the last show" .... we were all pretty surprised
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#231011 1 year, 6 months ago
I like it when the band does this kind of stuff. These two songs work together. Same old friends the wind and rain > Rain pouring down. Unique stuff.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#231012 1 year, 6 months ago
Lyrically one of my favorite pieces ever written, performance wise I think Furthur is right on point with it, I've never been super excited about LIG but throw Sunshines backing vocals on the prelude and we gotta sure fire suite if you ask me!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#231023 1 year, 6 months ago
Skeeto111 wrote:
They played it this year at Red Rocks on Friday to open the Second Set.

It was phenomenal. Very sweet. And the crowd wasn't talking too much so you could actually hear it. It was very very beautiful to see Bob and the whole band and much of the audience putting there heart and soul into the song.

Yep, that was incredible when they started that;, one of those special concert moments I'll never, ever forget!!!

I'm with you UZA, I love hearing the whole suite, it's so beautiful!!
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds