• Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231351 1 year, 2 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Drpsilocybo askes Have the boys played in new orleans since they got busted there?
Yes
10/18-19/80 and 9/9/82 - Saengar Performing Arts Center, New Orleans, La

Phil & Friends (The Q) also played in New Orleans
5/4/2002 - Morris FX Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans
5/5/2002 - Jazz and Heritage Festival Fairgrounds, New Orleans

The Saenger is a real classy place to play!!

I wish they would play The Fillmore Denver!

Ok this is where I have to put my foot down I am extemely happy if not a bit shocked they chose the Ogden over the Fillmore. The Fillmore is terrible I could list off 10 venues in the area I'd rather see them play at. I know Coloradans will laugh at me and make fun of me for saying this but I wouldn't mind Fiddler's Green (or whatever they call it now). There are killer hotels directly across the street, among other things. Walking from the venue to your hotel is a good thing! Just make sure you don't get stuck on the lawn It is set up a lot like Shoreline but the difference is the lawn is pretty cool at Shoreline ... not so much at Fiddlers.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#231360 1 year, 2 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Oh, remnants of an '83 tour. Park West, RR, + the Downs. One of my favorite stretch of shows. Both music wise, + the scenic views. Not to shabby of shows either.

boise or bust
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#231364 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Drpsilocybo askes Have the boys played in new orleans since they got busted there?
Yes

Ok this is where I have to put my foot down I am extemely happy if not a bit shocked they chose the Ogden over the Fillmore. The Fillmore is terrible I could list off 10 venues in the area I'd rather see them play at. I know Coloradans will laugh at me and make fun of me for saying this but I wouldn't mind Fiddler's Green (or whatever they call it now). There are killer hotels directly across the street, among other things. Walking from the venue to your hotel is a good thing! Just make sure you don't get stuck on the lawn It is set up a lot like Shoreline but the difference is the lawn is pretty cool at Shoreline ... not so much at Fiddlers.

I'm not surprised, I KNEW you would have something to say about the Fillmore. The Ogden is going to be really cool and special for us that made it in. Now if they would book the Fillmore, all of our friends could go too. I actually like the interior architecture of the old place much better than the 1st Bank, that is my least favorite! Especially with the jail underneath.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231372 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Yes

You'd take the Ogden over Mammoth Gardens? (note: that's a joke for old time Coloradans )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231374 1 year, 2 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
nycdave wrote:
Yes

I'm not surprised, I KNEW you would have something to say about the Fillmore. The Ogden is going to be really cool and special for us that made it in. Now if they would book the Fillmore, all of our friends could go too. I actually like the interior architecture of the old place much better than the 1st Bank, that is my least favorite! Especially with the jail underneath.

I say, unequivocally, that Furthur SHOULD not play any venue with a jail underneath. Talk about yin/yang
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#231381 1 year, 2 months ago
The 1st Bank was built for minor league hockey and maybe basketball so as far as the architecture inside, yeah it's not all fancy like the old school theaters. The hockey thing was a bust but I think for concerts that place is second to none for a 5k person capacity venue. I've heard rumors of this jail but luckily have not seen it live. I'd think you would have to be pretty blantantly stupid to be thrown in there anyway, I've smoked and smoked in there right in front of event staff and have never had any issues, so people must have been getting busted for being stupid. Remember this is Broomfield not Denver or Boulder so the suburban cops are a little less understanding of us hippies if you know what I mean.

The last show I saw in the Mammoth was Pantera and the place literally got destroyed. Seriously, drinking fountains were ripped from the walls and shit like that. When they remodeled it and called it the Fillmore something changed with that place .... believe me, I saw some killer shows in the old Mammoth.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231385 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
The 1st Bank was built for minor league hockey and maybe basketball so as far as the architecture inside, yeah it's not all fancy like the old school theaters. The hockey thing was a bust but I think for concerts that place is second to none for a 5k person capacity venue. I've heard rumors of this jail but luckily have not seen it live. I'd think you would have to be pretty blantantly stupid to be thrown in there anyway, I've smoked and smoked in there right in front of event staff and have never had any issues, so people must have been getting busted for being stupid. Remember this is Broomfield not Denver or Boulder so the suburban cops are a little less understanding of us hippies if you know what I mean.

The last show I saw in the Mammoth was Pantera and the place literally got destroyed. Seriously, drinking fountains were ripped from the walls and shit like that. When they remodeled it and called it the Fillmore something changed with that place .... believe me, I saw some killer shows in the old Mammoth.

Yeah, they named it the Fillmore, that's what happened. The only real Fillmore's are in SF, and (formerly) in NYC.

That stuff happened at a Pantera show? Get outa' here......

A Dead head who likes Pantera, NOW I've seen it all. You do have to give Dimebag his due, he was quite a guitar player.

Ooops, I went off topic.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#231389 1 year, 2 months ago
^^^^I shit you not. I thought that balcony was going to collapse. It was chaos.

One show I will never forget there was Slayer back in their heyday ... front row, on the rail, unfortunaltely though I lost my shoe as soon as the music started and I made the grave error of taking acid. It took 4 songs to get out of the pit with one shoe dangling from my foot, totally tripped out and I seriously thought I was in hell I guess that makes for a good show ehh?
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Denver Man. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#231394 1 year, 2 months ago
I would like Furthur to play at Red Rocks. Anyone think of that?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by splatter_face.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231396 1 year, 2 months ago
splatter_face wrote:

No, I'm dreaming of Telluride instead. Better book your flights early, only small planes fly into that airport.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#231399 1 year, 2 months ago
OGDEN. I'm just so psyched, I might even get close. Even at the back I'll be close. Up front I'll be doing that crazy hand jive, like Jerry's notes, only JK's, JC's, Phil's, JR's, vocals, and even Bobby's.

One of my favorite shows was The Allman Brothers at the House of Blues in New Orleans, mid nineties. Amazing sound, excellent set list, the bottom of the crouton bag was a little strong coming on, but it all worked out. Tickets were sold-out well in advance as it was during Jazz Fest. I was walking around finger in the air, which never meant miracle to me, just needed one, and figured pointing up w/ dedication couldn't be bad. Eventually, the back stage door opened up, I guess they wanted fresh air. Guy comes out and asks me if I'll watch his stool. I watched it till he came back out. I was boogieing, walking, and running all day at Jazz fest, twelve hours later there was about nothing better than a stool. He came back after twenty, after asking, I sat upon said stool for thirty-five minuets. He came back and asked if I wanted a ticket? . . . There was one for me at will-call, face value. He never even asked me to watch the door, perhaps he and others were just inside. Unreal, though very real. One of many "miracle" tickets. Never could make a plan, though I can plan a house, or any facility like nobody's business, praise be to the Almighty.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, ChefArugula
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#231401 1 year, 2 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
splatter_face wrote:

No, I'm dreaming of Telluride instead. Better book your flights early, only small planes fly into that airport.

Yes, Telluride! I would help promote/ produce/ procure as wanted. However, only Telluride if it's announced last minuet. There's some entitlement disguised as sensitivity here. '87 left some people jaded, perhaps they were jaded before. Book everything early, the closest spots to venue go quick, and most accommodation is in the Mountain Village. There is a hilarious video called The Lost People of Mountain Village.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds