• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#231218 1 year, 8 months ago
Kevman wrote:
One more vote for Deer Creek. Would also like to see them come back to the Murat in Indy, the Fox in St. Louis. But I am mostly hoping for any midwest shows.

Saw them in St. Augustine, FL in summer of 2011 and that was a nice venue except for it being about 115 degrees.

yes Indy and St. Louis!
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#231219 1 year, 8 months ago
how bout Chicago venues, ya'll? Grant Park! Riviera Theatre or Chicago Theatre!
terrapintim
Junior Boarder
I know this song it ain't never gonna end

#231222 1 year, 8 months ago
The Fabulous Fox in St. Louis or maybe the Peabody Opera House!
I wrote a letter I mailed in the air.
You may know by that I've got a friend somewhere
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#231238 1 year, 8 months ago
I notice a lot of people pick venues closer to home. That's cool, but one of the best things I got out of all this was seeing new places and absorbing a bit of local flavor.

Ski doo mentioned Glastonbury. Now that would be something. Probably THE music festival of music festivals. So renowned they sell their 70,000 or so tickets before they even announce the line up. Only problem it's in remote southwest England.

How about a show in New Orleans? Don't think anyones mentioned that. Not sure if there's a venue large enough (aside from the Super dome). What a fun town it is, just right for this crowd, and they can certainly take care of a bunch of out of towners. And a little love for our southern brethren.

It was mentioned Furthur might not be able to sell enough tickets to play the Gorge. That's hard to say. If enough folks were really determined to go see a show there, then maybe. Problem with this place it's in quite the remote spot. Camping would have to be offered, but I'm not sure it would be such a good place to camp. An awesome place never the less, and would be worth the trek. Covers our northwest folks.

I'd take a show in Telluride over Red Rocks any day having been to RR and only visited Telluride. But Telluride is truly a small slice of heaven. Also, Park City, UT or the Downs of Santa Fe. Mountain region friends covered.

As far as the oft neglected midwest, I'd take the Fox in St. Louis and Detroit. Blossom outside of Cleveland. A show in Grant Park in Chicago would be killer, but apparently the Charter One pavillion was a hit with the heads. Starlight in Kansas City would be the bomb.

As far as the northeast I say Bethel, MSG, Augusta or Portland ME, some Vermont love and wherever else y'all like. City Island in Harrisbug, as mentioned. Hampton while not necessarily northeast has a lot of good vibes. I like to see shows with a large (r) crowds because the party has greater potential with more attendees (under 15,000) However the band has to be able to sell enough tickets to justify wherever they go, so some of my choices are based on wishful thinking, and some on practicality.

Then again, I'd like to be able to see Phil and Bob spend more time at home, if they wish, at Tri/TxR/SW, despite the fact the demand/price so high and capacity so low. At the same time I would hope they'd continue spreading the love to the country at large for as long as possible. And maybe a trip over the pond even.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#231245 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
How about a show in New Orleans? Don't think anyones mentioned that. Not sure if there's a venue large enough (aside from the Super dome). What a fun town it is, just right for this crowd, and they can certainly take care of a bunch of out of towners. And a little love for our southern brethren.

Have the boys played in new orleans since they got busted there? I'd love a reason to get down to the big easy, but last I heard they wouldn't even play in houston beacuse it was too close to new orleans
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#231310 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
I notice a lot of people pick venues closer to home. That's cool, but one of the best things I got out of all this was seeing new places and absorbing a bit of local flavor.

for me, traveling is just as much of a thrill as walking into the venues each night and getting down.

where we're going i can't tell you
somewhere on the other side
driving blind across the border
born to ride, born to ride
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
cletus1
Junior Boarder

#231312 1 year, 8 months ago
riverbend for sure. its been a really long time since ive seen gd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
spazman
Junior Boarder

#231315 1 year, 8 months ago
telluride,boca-raton, and utica aud. would be my choices.Close and far no holds bar.East and West anybody's guess.COME ON BOYS LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG AND GIVE US SOME TOUR DATES.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#231323 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

Ski doo mentioned Glastonbury. Now that would be something. Probably THE music festival of music festivals. So renowned they sell their 70,000 or so tickets before they even announce the line up. Only problem it's in remote southwest England.

It was mentioned Furthur might not be able to sell enough tickets to play the Gorge. That's hard to say. If enough folks were really determined to go see a show there, then maybe. Problem with this place it's in quite the remote spot. Camping would have to be offered, but I'm not sure it would be such a good place to camp. An awesome place never the less, and would be worth the trek. Covers our northwest folks.

I'd take a show in Telluride over Red Rocks any day having been to RR and only visited Telluride. But Telluride is truly a small slice of heaven. Also, Park City, UT or the Downs of Santa Fe. Mountain region friends covered.

As far as the oft neglected midwest, I'd take the Fox in St. Louis and Detroit. Blossom outside of Cleveland. A show in Grant Park in Chicago would be killer, but apparently the Charter One pavillion was a hit with the heads. Starlight in Kansas City would be the bomb.

As far as the northeast I say Bethel, MSG, Augusta or Portland ME, some Vermont love and wherever else y'all like. City Island in Harrisbug, as mentioned. Hampton while not necessarily northeast has a lot of good vibes. I like to see shows with a large (r) crowds because the party has greater potential with more attendees (under 15,000) However the band has to be able to sell enough tickets to justify wherever they go, so some of my choices are based on wishful thinking, and some on practicality.

Then again, I'd like to be able to see Phil and Bob spend more time at home, if they wish, at Tri/TxR/SW, despite the fact the demand/price so high and capacity so low. At the same time I would hope they'd continue spreading the love to the country at large for as long as possible. And maybe a trip over the pond even.

Oh, remnants of an '83 tour. Park West, RR, + the Downs. One of my favorite stretch of shows. Both music wise, + the scenic views. Not to shabby of shows either.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#231327 1 year, 8 months ago
Drpsilocybo askes Have the boys played in new orleans since they got busted there?
Yes
10/18-19/80 and 9/9/82 - Saengar Performing Arts Center, New Orleans, La

Phil & Friends (The Q) also played in New Orleans
5/4/2002 - Morris FX Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans
5/5/2002 - Jazz and Heritage Festival Fairgrounds, New Orleans
The following user(s) said Thank You: drpsilocybo
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#231331 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh...they should sooooo do the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Fest. I went in the early 90s and there were 12 stages with constant music of so many different influences and it was really cheap (I think it was $28 a day!!!). It is in late April.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#231342 1 year, 8 months ago
nycdave wrote:
Drpsilocybo askes Have the boys played in new orleans since they got busted there?
Yes
10/18-19/80 and 9/9/82 - Saengar Performing Arts Center, New Orleans, La

Phil & Friends (The Q) also played in New Orleans
5/4/2002 - Morris FX Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans
5/5/2002 - Jazz and Heritage Festival Fairgrounds, New Orleans

The Saenger is a real classy place to play!!

I wish they would play The Fillmore Denver!
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by bluetrainsugaree.
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds