• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#247970 1 year, 6 months ago
Somewhere along the Maine Coast
Vermont or New Hampshire Mountains
Red Rock deserts of the south west
Amongst the redwoods
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
Posts:1079
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#247981 1 year, 6 months ago
The Starlight theater, in Kansas City M.O.

Phish played there last summer, the size is perfect for Furthur; the Grateful Dead played there in the 80's, so it has historical value (just like the Dismal Capitol theater in NY); and it is some place new in which they could play to throw all of the mid-westerners a bone.

Plus there is a crazy guy out on the Kansas side of the KS/MO., border that says I can sleep beside his pool.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67, Strider1
Island Head
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4894

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#247988 1 year, 6 months ago
HardRock.jpg

I'd love for them to come play a 4 day weekend of shows at the Hard Rock Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. WSP did it this winter but I unfortunately found out about it too late and it was completely sold out
This video is much better quality

This one shows them setting up on the beach
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Island Head.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#247991 1 year, 6 months ago
They might do SPAC and Bethel...crazier things have happened.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1123

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#274284 1 year, 2 months ago
Talk of a show in New Mexico reminded me of this thread, as did the fact that I can check off the show in the woods of New Hampshire. It would be cool if the Navajo nation in the four corners would set up a little place to have shows. They are a soveriegn nation and have their own laws and courts.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4894

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#274298 1 year, 2 months ago
Has Furthur ever played Alpine Valley? Nothing came up when I Goggled it. A good friend of mine from St. Croix is moving to Wisconsin about 10 minutes from the venue. I haven't seen a show there since '89, maybe next summer?
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
Posts:697
The Turtle abides....

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#276973 1 year, 1 month ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
I bet if the Super Bowl was in San Francisco for the 49ers Furthur would be playing the halftime show.
But I hear Super Bowls are never held in the same town that eirther teams are from.


49ers vs. Dolphins - 1984 at Stanford (Palo Alto) pretty close to home!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7591
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#276978 1 year, 1 month ago
B-Rad wrote:
Talk of a show in New Mexico reminded me of this thread, as did the fact that I can check off the show in the woods of New Hampshire. It would be cool if the Navajo nation in the four corners would set up a little place to have shows. They are a soveriegn nation and have their own laws and courts.


Umm yeah the last thing you want to do is get tangled up in the Navajo court system. I am always scared to death to drive through that part of the state.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Posts:469
Its an obsession but its pleasing

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#276980 1 year, 1 month ago
The Gorge. Also, Radio city and MSG again would be cool (missed them last time).
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1506

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#276984 1 year, 1 month ago
ChefArugula wrote:
DancingTurtle wrote:
I bet if the Super Bowl was in San Francisco for the 49ers Furthur would be playing the halftime show.
But I hear Super Bowls are never held in the same town that eirther teams are from.


49ers vs. Dolphins - 1984 at Stanford (Palo Alto) pretty close to home!


The location of where the Super Bowl will be played is announced way before it is determined who will be playing in the game.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
gregulator
Junior Boarder
Posts:45

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#277014 1 year, 1 month ago
i'd like to see them do another winter run like in 2010. I thought the shows in chicago theater were great and buffalo's shea theatre can not be beat. what a treat that was with champagn flowing

of course i'd like to see them play deer creek and alpine valley

maybe the louisville palace theatre
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7591
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#277016 1 year, 1 month ago
jaredlang wrote:
ChefArugula wrote:
DancingTurtle wrote:
I bet if the Super Bowl was in San Francisco for the 49ers Furthur would be playing the halftime show.
But I hear Super Bowls are never held in the same town that eirther teams are from.


49ers vs. Dolphins - 1984 at Stanford (Palo Alto) pretty close to home!


The location of where the Super Bowl will be played is announced way before it is determined who will be playing in the game.


Like years in advance
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds