• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#232282 1 year, 9 months ago
This place is real beautiful and it's located Ventura CA
It is an equestrian park that throughs concerts It holds 5000 people.
www.hummingbirdnestranch.com
But most important it's les then a mile from my home its like in my back yard.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by DancingTurtle.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#232462 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
1st Bank Warning
There were people getting thrown in their in-house jail by security guards before the show even began a few years ago for fungus and whatever they could witness happening. People were just standin' around on the floor being low key about it and the guards were slappin' people in there for whatever they saw, sayin' they were going back out into the crowd to snag someone else. There are some of us that will go to Red Rocks, no problem, but when it comes to the 1st Bank, they will not go. I would rather see them at McNichols than in Broomfield any day.

C'mon McNichols?? Really?? I've been to the first Bank for dozens of concerts beyond Furthur and have never seen this jail or had any issues at all. Of course I'm not walking around the floor slinging mushrooms either but still ... I don't not believe you since I've heard this from others (I'm sure there are busts and all) but it's also not anywhere as shady as you make it out to be. Don't scare all the visitors I personally stand by that place 100%. If you're selling drugs and get popped, well then I don't know what to tell ya...

I am not aware of this "jail" either. And McNichols use to suck. It was vacated in '99, so no threat of them playing there. The Comfort Dental Amphitheater (aka Fiddler's Green), as Comic Book Guy would say "worst venue ever".
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by strangerinboulder.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#232510 1 year, 8 months ago
Take it as hearsay. I might be thankful of one sharing their experience so that I could be aware. I had a great time at the old McNichols Arena, sorry you didn't, although have a faint memory that it is now out of commission, the Shakedown there sure was Fun! We are all grown-ups here so I don't think anyone is gonna be scared by a thread. Maybe 'jail' is too harsh a word for it but they have the ability to bust if they want to and that's where you're headed if they do. Take it or leave it, I don't care.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#232520 1 year, 8 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Take it as hearsay. I might be thankful of one sharing their experience so that I could be aware. I had a great time at the old McNichols Arena, sorry you didn't, although have a faint memory that it is now out of commission, the Shakedown there sure was Fun! We are all grown-ups here so I don't think anyone is gonna be scared by a thread. Maybe 'jail' is too harsh a word for it but they have the ability to bust if they want to and that's where you're headed if they do. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Don't get me wrong, I always had a good time there.The venue was just awful. I am not scared, just curious. Toodleoo.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233393 1 year, 8 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
1st Bank Warning
There were people getting thrown in their in-house jail by security guards before the show even began a few years ago for fungus and whatever they could witness happening. People were just standin' around on the floor being low key about it and the guards were slappin' people in there for whatever they saw, sayin' they were going back out into the crowd to snag someone else. There are some of us that will go to Red Rocks, no problem, but when it comes to the 1st Bank, they will not go. I would rather see them at McNichols than in Broomfield any day.

C'mon McNichols?? Really?? I've been to the first Bank for dozens of concerts beyond Furthur and have never seen this jail or had any issues at all. Of course I'm not walking around the floor slinging mushrooms either but still ... I don't not believe you since I've heard this from others (I'm sure there are busts and all) but it's also not anywhere as shady as you make it out to be. Don't scare all the visitors I personally stand by that place 100%. If you're selling drugs and get popped, well then I don't know what to tell ya...

I am not aware of this "jail" either. And McNichols use to suck. It was vacated in '99, so no threat of them playing there. The Comfort Dental Amphitheater (aka Fiddler's Green), as Comic Book Guy would say "worst venue ever".

I knew I could count on someone from CO to speak up! So why don't you like Fiddlers? Curious...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233723 1 year, 8 months ago
It would be cool if Furthur played at the Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa California.
And or the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy California.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233725 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh Ya I'm not a big fan of Football but I'm sure we all rather see Furthur play the halftime show then Beyonce!
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#233726 1 year, 8 months ago
I bet if the Super Bowl was in San Francisco for the 49ers Furthur would be playing the halftime show.
But I hear Super Bowls are never held in the same town that eirther teams are from.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233735 1 year, 8 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
I bet if the Super Bowl was in San Francisco for the 49ers Furthur would be playing the halftime show.
But I hear Super Bowls are never held in the same town that eirther teams are from.

Well if the Saints would have made the super bowl then it would have been a home game for them.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#247916 1 year, 7 months ago
St. George Theatre. Beacon Theatre. Why?
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#247918 1 year, 7 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
It would be cool if Furthur played at the Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa California.
And or the High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy California.

Agreed, that would probably get me to High Sierra.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Hayduke
Fresh Boarder

#247931 1 year, 7 months ago
Wheeler Opera House
Steve's Guitars
Pac 3
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds