Thats a awsome poster ^^^
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Venues you'd like Furthur to play

#230826 1 year, 7 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
Blue Claws Stadium, Lakewood NJ

The Management even wants to book them there!!!!

I started a thread here back in August with contact info. the Management requested I pass onto them...

www.milb.com/team4/page.jsp?ymd=20100215...xt=.jsp&sid=t427

Hal Hansen - Director of Promotions - An original member of the BlueClaws front office, Hal enters his 11th season with the team and his 12th season overall in professional baseball. He is responsible for the BlueClaws promotional schedule, printing and advertising, while also helping out with corporate partnership sales. Originally from Cranford, Hal is a graduate of Loyola College in Maryland and proudly resides in Manasquan, seeing as much live music as possible in his free time.

Phone: 732-901-7000 Ext: 105

i actually saw a minor league ball game there probably 10-15 years ago.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#230830 1 year, 7 months ago
the greek berkeley
gorge
zoo in OKC
starlight KC
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#230832 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Wheelman wrote:
Blue Claws Stadium, Lakewood NJ

The Management even wants to book them there!!!!

I started a thread here back in August with contact info. the Management requested I pass onto them...

www.milb.com/team4/page.jsp?ymd=20100215...xt=.jsp&sid=t427

Hal Hansen - Director of Promotions - An original member of the BlueClaws front office, Hal enters his 11th season with the team and his 12th season overall in professional baseball. He is responsible for the BlueClaws promotional schedule, printing and advertising, while also helping out with corporate partnership sales. Originally from Cranford, Hal is a graduate of Loyola College in Maryland and proudly resides in Manasquan, seeing as much live music as possible in his free time.

Phone: 732-901-7000 Ext: 105

i actually saw a minor league ball game there probably 10-15 years ago.

the stadium has hosted many musical acts...
Icluding Bob Dylan twice...
the stadium can hold 10,000 fans...
its tailgate friendly, & very accessible to the Beach..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_claws
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#230839 1 year, 7 months ago
newyawker wrote:

I love wolftrap, but the fact that it's on federal government property might be a problem considering some of the activities dead heads are known to partake in

I've never been to the chesterfield amphitheater, but it looks like a classy joint. Another great place in chesterfield is Pocahontas state park. Nice little natural ampitheater, with camping on site. DSO played there last summer/spring? It was like a mini festival in the campgrounds afterwards. The park rangers were very friendly, and good times were had by all. I've been waiting for another good show there...
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#230841 1 year, 7 months ago
drpsilocybo wrote:
newyawker wrote:

I love wolftrap, but the fact that it's on federal government property might be a problem considering some of the activities dead heads are known to partake in

I've never been to the chesterfield amphitheater, but it looks like a classy joint. Another great place in chesterfield is Pocahontas state park. Nice little natural ampitheater, with camping on site. DSO played there last summer/spring? It was like a mini festival in the campgrounds afterwards. The park rangers were very friendly, and good times were had by all. I've been waiting for another good show there...

I was just about to say Pocohantas State Park...I was at DSO as well. Also the Koka Booth Ampitheater in Cary, NC was a great venue! Do you live in Chesterfield? I've been looking for the local Deadheads since I moved here!
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#230844 1 year, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
RowTimmy wrote:
Ventura county fairgrounds, or Id take the Greek in Berkley.

Saw them there in '83, + '87. Great place. A little on the dusty side though. Ventura that is.

I was there in 83 also. Its the only place you can take a dip in the ocean during set break.
Went to dinner after the show and sat at table next to Jerry and his peeps. We were actually warned about "undesirables" prior to being seated only to find out it was Jerry and pals. I think it was his birthday if I remember.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#230847 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
the greek berkeley
gorge
zoo in OKC
starlight KC

Saw them @ the Zoo on 9/2/85, right before the RR shows. I didn't even know anyone knew of that venue. Bonus points for you my good man.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#230849 1 year, 7 months ago
the new 5000 seat ampitheater they just built at the airport last year and haven't used yet.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#230850 1 year, 7 months ago
Unfortunately I don't live in chesterfield. I lived in Richmond while I was going to school at vcu. But I recently moved back to my parents house in northern virginia. Although I still go down to visit from time to time, for shows, ect.

Richmond pro-tip: check out www.carystreetcafe.com/ They have live music practically every night, and a number of Grateful Dead cover bands play there regularly. I don't know if you'd want to drive into the city for a bar show, but there's usually a good crowd of dead heads there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds