• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Sugaree1
Gold Boarder
Posts:1181

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230637 1 year, 2 months ago
Oh and btw, i assume you know exactly how much it costs Furthur to play one night at TXR right? I sure as shit dont. But i dont pretend to either. If you dont know what the production costs, musicians salaries and everything else cost, han you honestly have 0 validity in your argument. I dont have the first clue as to what it costs, but i dont care. Tickets cost X amount, either i go or i dont. TXR is in SF right. Well i live in Ga. Therefore someone in cali that doesnt have to buy a plane ticket should pay a lot more than me cuz i have to buy a plane ticket, rental car, hotel etc. right? Or should Bob n Phil buy my plane ticket and cover my costs over $150. Get the heck out of here. And you will say calm down brah, no need to be perturbed. Well im just an aggressive guy, i pkayed many sports, i still train in a few combat sports. Im sorry everybody isnt as mellow as you
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1793
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230640 1 year, 2 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, there is a small discontent amongst some heads regarding the price of tickets at these venues. What ye think?

My premature thought is they are quite steep.


And regarding this intitial post, i dont see discontent among deadheads. I see people angry that hey cant afford something and need to blame someone other than themselves for that. Atwell was spot on, if he made other decisions, he might be able to see every show. That is not his reality, mine either. I had a chance to possibly play pro football but i wasnt willing to put in the kind of work it takes get there. If i had, i could be VIP at every single show. Is it Phils fault i was too lazt to rehab my knees correctly? Not IMO


James cmon, this is a rabbit trail I will not follow you on. I am not angry one bit buddy. Just trying to have a good conversation about something other than "That was the best show" they ever played bandwagon. I will only repeat, whether I can afford it or not is not my point.


Now you sound like someone else here about bandwagons and cliques. If you want to have a real discussion, that is not the road to go down. I visit this board most days, and see many discussions that have nothing to do with whether or not every show is the best hey played. You started this thread, which is one of many you can find on this board in the past about the same thing if you wanted to see others opinions on this subject, and you have nothing to add to the discussion other than to try to discredit others ideas and opinions. so why should these tickets be cheaper? What is your logic as to why these shows should be whatever price you think they should be? Ill check tomorrow for a sensible answer. Sorry to be so aggressive, but this trolling is out of control on this board. Just stirring up shit


Why does questioning have to equal trolling? That confuses me!!!!! I do not know the 'other one' you are referring to either. I am debating against your reasoning. That's what people do when they debate is it not? I am not trying to discredit anyone or anything man. Was I a troll when i would bitch about hearing Day Job again for an encore for the umpteenth time? Or when Little Red Rooster was played for the 1000x? Deadheads have bitched from the beginning man and still loved the band. This is nothing new here James. Here is my premise in a nutshell

The tickets should be less expensive in order to give more people an equal shot in attending. The whole fiber and fabric of the band historically was not about pure profit. In fact it was for us. They played for us James. They freaking jammed their hearts out for us for 50 freaking years!!!!! Never once did I ever think they were in it for the money or to make a living. Why? Because they never led one to believe that was their sole motivation. if the ticket prices continue to rise, I believe their is a chance of certain people who can afford to go, will give birth to some 'super heads'. When will it end? If it becomes 500 bucks a ticket, are you honestly telling me that is ok just because someone can afford it?Thee is my sensible answer in a nutshell.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
fourwnds
Senior Boarder
Posts:421

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231036 1 year, 2 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Dude, going snowboarding and taking the family to the snow is crazy now. Its almost not worth it. What a shame


It is a shame, the cost of everything it seems is going up up up. Maybe it's always been so. Surfing and skateboarding are good clean fun and still a bargain/free, for now at least. That NorCal water can be a little on the chilly side. BBbbbbuurr. Skate parks look amazing though and it sure is great seeing all the little kids out there having fun outdoors. Seem like skating has gotten a little more family oriented and a healthier scene than it was.

On the ticket price issue I hit txr last may or so for a three day run (when they had the telstar thing on Sun.) for 75.00?/night, Do they not have those once in awhile anymore?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231064 1 year, 2 months ago
Shows this weekend thurs, friday, and sat are $65 and sundays only $35. Not bad for an intimate venue like TXR. Add in Ive seen Phil play for free 3Xs in the last week. You can have soon real great value music as long as you stay away from the bar or restaurant which can be difficult.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, amusingdeva, newyawker, 23atwell
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2232

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231088 1 year, 2 months ago
I did pay major dollars for the opening weekend of The Grate Room. And it was well worth it! I’d do it again if the shows were on a weekend that I could get there, even though I also have to pay to travel.

I agree that the intimacy is worth the price. And at TXR, if you go to a show early and hang out in the bar area and talk to people, by the time the show starts it feel s like you are dancing with a group of close friend. And they

It seems to me that the higher ticket price does change the composition of the crowd, for better or worse.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2232

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231093 1 year, 2 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
Shows this weekend thurs, friday, and sat are $65 and sundays only $35. Not bad for an intimate venue like TXR. Add in Ive seen Phil play for free 3Xs in the last week. You can have soon real great value music as long as you stay away from the bar or restaurant which can be difficult.


If I was not already going to be gone elsewhere, I would be all over those TXR shows this weekend!! Have a fun time bay area people!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RowTimmy
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231103 1 year, 2 months ago
are folks forgetting how much it costs to pay people like warren haynes, jimmy herring, john scofield, etc etc. those guys don't have small paychecks.

just because you can't do a 150 doesn't mean you can't see countless free shows, 25, 35, 65 dollar shows.


it's silly to hear people complain about it. it tends to be folks who simply can't afford it. quit smoking pot for a month, quit buying beer, cook your own cheap food for a month, turn your water heater down.. if you simply re-evaluate your current means of living, you can often find places to cut costs and add money into your "tour fund".

if you're just bitter the price is too high and can afford it, go see a therapist, nobody wants to hear it.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
fourwnds
Senior Boarder
Posts:421

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231123 1 year, 2 months ago
I keep reading about intimacy making up for the cost of a ticket. my enjoyment was close to no more or less in the end. but i have decided, with the quality of the music being equal and since i have to travel either way, i much prefer that energy of a larger venue with a greater variety of people getting loose. i.e bill graham is that special place and elicits in me a feeling of what it is im looking for. that said i look forward to those special occasions at smaller venues as well like txr in future. i would like to see somebody special with phil or bobby really heat it up with some incredible improv up close.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker, 23atwell, Iriecycle
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1793
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231230 1 year, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
are folks forgetting how much it costs to pay people like warren haynes, jimmy herring, john scofield, etc etc. those guys don't have small paychecks.

just because you can't do a 150 doesn't mean you can't see countless free shows, 25, 35, 65 dollar shows.


it's silly to hear people complain about it. it tends to be folks who simply can't afford it. quit smoking pot for a month, quit buying beer, cook your own cheap food for a month, turn your water heater down.. if you simply re-evaluate your current means of living, you can often find places to cut costs and add money into your "tour fund".

if you're just bitter the price is too high and can afford it, go see a therapist, nobody wants to hear it.


Burt, what about those that can afford it yet still find it a tad high in price? Where does one like that fit into your prescription? You may not want to hear it as the FFF barometer of acceptable discussions, but it is a conversation worth having if done with civility. Silly, bitter, complaining are not part of nor parcel of my intent.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231308 1 year, 2 months ago
price is too high newyawker, simple solution, DON'T GO or take advantage of the cheaper shows. like i said, 150 shows have musicians that cost serious bucks. i'm not sure what else you want people to tell you. don't you get sick of reading the same responses over and over?

newyawker---curious how many shows you've seen at levons barn, TXR, and sweetwater.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1793
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231337 1 year, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
price is too high newyawker, simple solution, DON'T GO or take advantage of the cheaper shows. like i said, 150 shows have musicians that cost serious bucks. i'm not sure what else you want people to tell you. don't you get sick of reading the same responses over and over?

newyawker---curious how many shows you've seen at levons barn, TXR, and sweetwater.



What i want you and others to tell me is what price would be too high? If 200 people would go if they were 1000.00 bucks each, would that still be ok? I do not get sick of reading, my wife calls me a rock head for a reason like this. I obviously have not been convinved by your 'simple solution.' How many I have or have not attended is not the point. I am just taking a side on the issue which is not a pure reflection on affordability on my part. This issue is not only reflected in this instance but with other shows. Roger Waters askign 260-900 bucks a seat for his 'Wall Tour.' is also out of bounds.

When would the price be considered too high?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231353 1 year, 2 months ago
newyawker wrote:
wlewis wrote:
price is too high newyawker, simple solution, DON'T GO or take advantage of the cheaper shows. like i said, 150 shows have musicians that cost serious bucks. i'm not sure what else you want people to tell you. don't you get sick of reading the same responses over and over?

newyawker---curious how many shows you've seen at levons barn, TXR, and sweetwater.



What i want you and others to tell me is what price would be too high? If 200 people would go if they were 1000.00 bucks each, would that still be ok? I do not get sick of reading, my wife calls me a rock head for a reason like this. I obviously have not been convinved by your 'simple solution.' How many I have or have not attended is not the point. I am just taking a side on the issue which is not a pure reflection on affordability on my part. This issue is not only reflected in this instance but with other shows. Roger Waters askign 260-900 bucks a seat for his 'Wall Tour.' is also out of bounds.

When would the price be considered too high?


dude the price is too high for specific individuals. sometimes it's already too high for me, but if i truly want to be there, i make it happen. there aren't 1,000 dollar tickets. there wont be 1,000 dollar tickets. you are sitting here talking about something it seems you've never experienced yourself, and then giving outrageous hypothetical situations that aren't going to happen.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 7.62 seconds