• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230625 1 year, 9 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, there is a small discontent amongst some heads regarding the price of tickets at these venues. What ye think?

My premature thought is they are quite steep.


And regarding this intitial post, i dont see discontent among deadheads. I see people angry that hey cant afford something and need to blame someone other than themselves for that. Atwell was spot on, if he made other decisions, he might be able to see every show. That is not his reality, mine either. I had a chance to possibly play pro football but i wasnt willing to put in the kind of work it takes get there. If i had, i could be VIP at every single show. Is it Phils fault i was too lazt to rehab my knees correctly? Not IMO


James cmon, this is a rabbit trail I will not follow you on. I am not angry one bit buddy. Just trying to have a good conversation about something other than "That was the best show" they ever played bandwagon. I will only repeat, whether I can afford it or not is not my point.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230629 1 year, 9 months ago
See its funny though, nobody needs to justify charging a price for a service they provide. If the service isnt worth it to you, you dont purchase the service. BTW, post Keith GD sucks, so i may say your sense ofworth is fucken worthless. Oh but if i put a happy face than im not being offensive right?
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230631 1 year, 9 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, there is a small discontent amongst some heads regarding the price of tickets at these venues. What ye think?

My premature thought is they are quite steep.


And regarding this intitial post, i dont see discontent among deadheads. I see people angry that hey cant afford something and need to blame someone other than themselves for that. Atwell was spot on, if he made other decisions, he might be able to see every show. That is not his reality, mine either. I had a chance to possibly play pro football but i wasnt willing to put in the kind of work it takes get there. If i had, i could be VIP at every single show. Is it Phils fault i was too lazt to rehab my knees correctly? Not IMO


James cmon, this is a rabbit trail I will not follow you on. I am not angry one bit buddy. Just trying to have a good conversation about something other than "That was the best show" they ever played bandwagon. I will only repeat, whether I can afford it or not is not my point.


Doesnt matter buddy what your point is. You think you or anybody else reserves the right to decide what is worth something. You do not have that right except for yourself. I didnt say you were angry, why put words in my mouth? I said i believe people who think they deserve to get a cheaper ticket are living in a fantasy workd that doesnt exist. I want peace for all, free weed and blowjobs every morning and night. Which is more likely? Neither in the real world
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230633 1 year, 9 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
See its funny though, nobody needs to justify charging a price for a service they provide. If the service isnt worth it to you, you dont purchase the service. BTW, post Keith GD sucks, so i may say your sense ofworth is fucken worthless. Oh but if i put a happy face than im not being offensive right?


James, why so serious son? Cmon and lighten up. BTW Bob and Phil do not need you to defend them. I am sure they have heard much worse from closer friends than anything I can say will bother them. We have reached an impasse my friend. You appear to be unraveling and cursing for no apparent reason. If i offended you in any way i apologize. That was not my intent. And If I did offend you, then perhaps you need to be less sensitive and be ale to discuss and disagree without becoming so perturbed. I was in no way offended at anything anyone said in the discussion. It just appears to me to be another example of defend Bob and Phil at all costs. There is a common vein of this sentiment here at times whenever any type of discontent or criticism is voiced.

I still say Hampton 89 should have been a grand. Perhaps i should send them a check for the balance.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230634 1 year, 9 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, there is a small discontent amongst some heads regarding the price of tickets at these venues. What ye think?

My premature thought is they are quite steep.


And regarding this intitial post, i dont see discontent among deadheads. I see people angry that hey cant afford something and need to blame someone other than themselves for that. Atwell was spot on, if he made other decisions, he might be able to see every show. That is not his reality, mine either. I had a chance to possibly play pro football but i wasnt willing to put in the kind of work it takes get there. If i had, i could be VIP at every single show. Is it Phils fault i was too lazt to rehab my knees correctly? Not IMO


James cmon, this is a rabbit trail I will not follow you on. I am not angry one bit buddy. Just trying to have a good conversation about something other than "That was the best show" they ever played bandwagon. I will only repeat, whether I can afford it or not is not my point.


Now you sound like someone else here about bandwagons and cliques. If you want to have a real discussion, that is not the road to go down. I visit this board most days, and see many discussions that have nothing to do with whether or not every show is the best hey played. You started this thread, which is one of many you can find on this board in the past about the same thing if you wanted to see others opinions on this subject, and you have nothing to add to the discussion other than to try to discredit others ideas and opinions. so why should these tickets be cheaper? What is your logic as to why these shows should be whatever price you think they should be? Ill check tomorrow for a sensible answer. Sorry to be so aggressive, but this trolling is out of control on this board. Just stirring up shit
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230636 1 year, 9 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
See its funny though, nobody needs to justify charging a price for a service they provide. If the service isnt worth it to you, you dont purchase the service. BTW, post Keith GD sucks, so i may say your sense ofworth is fucken worthless. Oh but if i put a happy face than im not being offensive right?


James, why so serious son? Cmon and lighten up. BTW Bob and Phil do not need you to defend them. I am sure they have heard much worse from closer friends than anything I can say will bother them. We have reached an impasse my friend. You appear to be unraveling and cursing for no apparent reason. If i offended you in any way i apologize. That was not my intent. And If I did offend you, then perhaps you need to be less sensitive and be ale to discuss and disagree without becoming so perturbed. I was in no way offended at anything anyone said in the discussion. It just appears to me to be another example of defend Bob and Phil at all costs. There is a common vein of this sentiment here at times whenever any type of discontent or criticism is voiced.

I still say Hampton 89 should have been a grand. Perhaps i should send them a check for the balance.


Dont worry about me dude, im fine, i know that my opinion is just hat, my opinion, i dont believe its better than anyone elses. Im not defending Bob and Phil. I dont need to. Im defending rational thought.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230637 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh and btw, i assume you know exactly how much it costs Furthur to play one night at TXR right? I sure as shit dont. But i dont pretend to either. If you dont know what the production costs, musicians salaries and everything else cost, han you honestly have 0 validity in your argument. I dont have the first clue as to what it costs, but i dont care. Tickets cost X amount, either i go or i dont. TXR is in SF right. Well i live in Ga. Therefore someone in cali that doesnt have to buy a plane ticket should pay a lot more than me cuz i have to buy a plane ticket, rental car, hotel etc. right? Or should Bob n Phil buy my plane ticket and cover my costs over $150. Get the heck out of here. And you will say calm down brah, no need to be perturbed. Well im just an aggressive guy, i pkayed many sports, i still train in a few combat sports. Im sorry everybody isnt as mellow as you
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#230640 1 year, 9 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
newyawker wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, there is a small discontent amongst some heads regarding the price of tickets at these venues. What ye think?

My premature thought is they are quite steep.


And regarding this intitial post, i dont see discontent among deadheads. I see people angry that hey cant afford something and need to blame someone other than themselves for that. Atwell was spot on, if he made other decisions, he might be able to see every show. That is not his reality, mine either. I had a chance to possibly play pro football but i wasnt willing to put in the kind of work it takes get there. If i had, i could be VIP at every single show. Is it Phils fault i was too lazt to rehab my knees correctly? Not IMO


James cmon, this is a rabbit trail I will not follow you on. I am not angry one bit buddy. Just trying to have a good conversation about something other than "That was the best show" they ever played bandwagon. I will only repeat, whether I can afford it or not is not my point.


Now you sound like someone else here about bandwagons and cliques. If you want to have a real discussion, that is not the road to go down. I visit this board most days, and see many discussions that have nothing to do with whether or not every show is the best hey played. You started this thread, which is one of many you can find on this board in the past about the same thing if you wanted to see others opinions on this subject, and you have nothing to add to the discussion other than to try to discredit others ideas and opinions. so why should these tickets be cheaper? What is your logic as to why these shows should be whatever price you think they should be? Ill check tomorrow for a sensible answer. Sorry to be so aggressive, but this trolling is out of control on this board. Just stirring up shit


Why does questioning have to equal trolling? That confuses me!!!!! I do not know the 'other one' you are referring to either. I am debating against your reasoning. That's what people do when they debate is it not? I am not trying to discredit anyone or anything man. Was I a troll when i would bitch about hearing Day Job again for an encore for the umpteenth time? Or when Little Red Rooster was played for the 1000x? Deadheads have bitched from the beginning man and still loved the band. This is nothing new here James. Here is my premise in a nutshell

The tickets should be less expensive in order to give more people an equal shot in attending. The whole fiber and fabric of the band historically was not about pure profit. In fact it was for us. They played for us James. They freaking jammed their hearts out for us for 50 freaking years!!!!! Never once did I ever think they were in it for the money or to make a living. Why? Because they never led one to believe that was their sole motivation. if the ticket prices continue to rise, I believe their is a chance of certain people who can afford to go, will give birth to some 'super heads'. When will it end? If it becomes 500 bucks a ticket, are you honestly telling me that is ok just because someone can afford it?Thee is my sensible answer in a nutshell.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by newyawker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
fourwnds
Senior Boarder
Posts:424

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231036 1 year, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Dude, going snowboarding and taking the family to the snow is crazy now. Its almost not worth it. What a shame


It is a shame, the cost of everything it seems is going up up up. Maybe it's always been so. Surfing and skateboarding are good clean fun and still a bargain/free, for now at least. That NorCal water can be a little on the chilly side. BBbbbbuurr. Skate parks look amazing though and it sure is great seeing all the little kids out there having fun outdoors. Seem like skating has gotten a little more family oriented and a healthier scene than it was.

On the ticket price issue I hit txr last may or so for a three day run (when they had the telstar thing on Sun.) for 75.00?/night, Do they not have those once in awhile anymore?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder
Posts:577

Re: TXR/TRI/SW Ticket prices

#231064 1 year, 9 months ago
Shows this weekend thurs, friday, and sat are $65 and sundays only $35. Not bad for an intimate venue like TXR. Add in Ive seen Phil play for free 3Xs in the last week. You can have soon real great value music as long as you stay away from the bar or restaurant which can be difficult.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, amusingdeva, newyawker, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds