• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

Wannee lineup - no furthur

#230365 1 year, 7 months ago
wanne lineup came out this morning. two nights of widespread panic and allmans, no action from the boys

Published: 2013/01/21
The Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Leon Russell and More Set for Wanee

The Allman Brothers Band and Widespread Panic will headline Wanee 2013. The Southern jam-titans lead a stacked lineup that also includes Gov’t Mule, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Leon Russell, Tower of Power and Les Claypool’s Duo de Twang, among others. Wanee will return to Like Oak, FL’s Spirit of Suwannee Music Park from Thursday, April 18 through Saturday, April 20. The Allman Brothers Band and Panic will each perform on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Other confirmed acts include: Electric Hot Tuna, Maceo Parker, Steel Pulse, North Mississippi Allstars, Blackberry Smoke, Galactic & Friends, The Greyboy Allstars, Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars Featuring: Tab Benoit, Cyril Neville, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Jumpin Johnny Sansone, Waylon Thibodeaux, Johnny Vidacovich, Dirty Dozen Braass Band, Royal Southern Brotherhood, Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio, The Lee Boys, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, The Revivalists and Monophonics.

Wanee will also welcome back the traveling version of Jorma Kaukonen’s Fur Peace Ranch. Attendees can sign up to experience musician/songwriter workshops and lessons all under the tutelage of festival performers.
Wolf
Fresh Boarder
Let there be songs to fill the air

Re: Wannee lineup - no furthur

#230369 1 year, 7 months ago
I went last year and had a great time. Was really disappointed that Furthur wasn't going to return there this year again.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#230385 1 year, 7 months ago
No Mickey Hart Bane either?

Makes it a lot easier for me to miss.

At lease they could've had Hornsby.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Wolf
Fresh Boarder
Let there be songs to fill the air

#230389 1 year, 7 months ago
I don't care what they say, but last year with Mickey Hart on the Mushroom stage then Furthur two nights on the Peach stage was great. I really loved it there. As far as a place and the vibe it was better than Allgood. I'm really surprised they didn't have any if the bands there again. I was really hoping that they would return along with 7 Walkers.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#230430 1 year, 7 months ago
no Wanee for me this year

it is still a good line up without any Dead related bands and it is a really cool festival in general... maybe in the future I'll get to return
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#230433 1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah, amazing line-up, but I'm seeing good festival line-ups, much closer to home.
I'm seriously considering Mountain Jam this year.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#230435 1 year, 7 months ago
Not bad , but I will be headed to All Good.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds