• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Dark Star

#230245 1 year, 9 months ago
Recently I heard this new song on the radio by some group called Polica, called of all things, Dark Star. Got me to thinking of
other songs with the same title. In a way I'm not big on someone else using this as the title for a song, because our Dark Star
is so iconic. Some songs are just such a part of history that the titles should be 'retired' if you will. Imagine someone coming out
today with a song called Like a Rolling Stone, or Good Vibrations, or Hey Jude, or...............

Anyway, here's Dark Star (s)

I'm sure this is our collective favorite (not version, but I always loved this. gotta' dig Jer's banjo at the end!)

I'll cut CSN a little slack, because after all they inspired the Dead to seriously work on their harmonizing.

I like Beck quite a bit, but he must have known about THE Dark Star. At least this is a fairly psychedelic video.

and finally, this bit of throwaway modern pop.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Dark Star

#230344 1 year, 9 months ago
That's ridiculous, the Grateful Deads Dark Star only has significant importance to us as deadheads. To think that bands nowadays know about The Grateful Dead and their music is laughable. The last (mainstream) band I heard have any dead influence was 311, not saying their not out there but if they are I haven't heard them.
The voices tell me what to say
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#230352 1 year, 9 months ago
It's called google dude. Most any songwriter will google a song title before they actually use it
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#230429 1 year, 9 months ago
I like CSN's Dark Star
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#230437 1 year, 9 months ago
The Grateful Dead had a strange influence on Kurt Cobain that may or may not have translated into some musical/life choices

KurtC.gif

Courtney Love
courtney.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by fourwnds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds