• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lottery

#230402 1 year, 7 months ago
I think the VIPs got let in early so I'd assume that is who was on the rail every night. Maybe there should be an on the rail lottery...
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#230416 1 year, 7 months ago
Or how bout a VIP lottery so each VIP can be accompanied by a regular person? Like a tour guide to help the person from their entitlement???
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#230419 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i have to agree to take care of the regulars.

at what point do these people realize how selfish it is though?

to rush to stand in front, EVERY, SINGLE, TIME. lol. crazy. the sound is always better a little ways back anyways.

i think it has something to do with the west coast entitlement complex.

most of them are cool i know these folks i see them all the time.

darxtar (sweet name by the way) we might be thinking of two different crews. i don't know anything about goons and having a way.

The only people who have more of an entitlement complex than west coasters is some deadheads! combining the two can sometimes produce a whole new level of depth to me, me, mine. Pushing sucks but those people are that way all the time and lucky for those of us with manners and respect for our fellow attendees we only have to put up with them some of the time. They are the ones that have to live with themselves all the time.

I never got a west coast entitlement vibe, and I've seen more shows in the bay area than any other metropolitan area.

I've been to many shows in the bay area as well but not as many as I have attended on the east coast. It is really great that your experiences have not led you to that conclusion. I'm always willing to change my mind when presented with alternative situations or experiences. Are you from the west coast?
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#230434 1 year, 7 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Or how bout a VIP lottery so each VIP can be accompanied by a regular person? Like a tour guide to help the person from their entitlement???

i like this. conversely, the VIP can "transfer", if you will, entitlement to the non-VIP (per se) individual. essentially entitling the unentitled, while simultaneously, freeing the entitled from the yoke (or yolk, if you will again) of entitlement.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#230444 1 year, 7 months ago
I dont know that entitlement is really the right description, perhaps more like trustafarian or just rich. But simply out, you would have to some means to afford VIP tickets all 4 nights. And it is clear that people have the money, and in a lot of ways that is different from the old days.

I was there on Thursday. My bro got the last minute call that 2 VIP ticks were available that night. So we arrived at 6:10 PM, about 10 mins after the doors opened but still 3.5 hours before the show. A bunch of people were already there.

Funny story - so we get our posters and my bro decides to walk back to the car and drop them off to keep them safe. As he is doing that I walk around the venue checking it all out. At one point I walked up to the spot right in front of Bob's mic to look at the stage and see if I can spot a set list (but rest assured, this was only for myself. I have never txt'd out the set list to a board. I didn't even tell my bro until the 1st set was over). No one was standing there at the moment. In fact most everyone was enjoying the delicous food.

So one of those people who you all saw at the front all 4 nights comes up to me as I back out from this spot and says "that's my spot man". Totally serious. Needless to say my response was "no problem, just lookin". But funny that it was "called".
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#230484 1 year, 7 months ago
That's what happens when your fan base is sourced from middle American white families. They grow up to have money and be businessman, doctors and the like. How many people actually born into low income families from urban areas become touring deadheads? Let alone have time, energy, or extra money to go to shows and travel across the country to see a band play at a random venue just because they want to. Most of us are born into privilege whether we want to admit it or not, though privilege can be a relative term depending on who your are and who your neighbors are. Its no surprise why the majority of the crowd at a dead show are white people and not representative of the population in the united states. I bet if you took a mean income of all families at a show the average in come for a household would be pushing 60,000 + that goes for east west and mid coast. Privilege is nothing to be ashamed of , what you do with it is!
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#230497 1 year, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
That's what happens when your fan base is sourced from middle American white families. They grow up to have money and be businessman, doctors and the like. How many people actually born into low income families from urban areas become touring deadheads? Let alone have time, energy, or extra money to go to shows and travel across the country to see a band play at a random venue just because they want to. Most of us are born into privilege whether we want to admit it or not, though privilege can be a relative term depending on who your are and who your neighbors are. Its no surprise why the majority of the crowd at a dead show are white people and not representative of the population in the united states. I bet if you took a mean income of all families at a show the average in come for a household would be pushing 60,000 + that goes for east west and mid coast. Privilege is nothing to be ashamed of , what you do with it is!

i grew up in the projects...goes to show, you don't ever know...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, ecojaded
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#231084 1 year, 7 months ago
That's why I said take an average. That would include you but since you are in the minority you do not factor into the fact that the majority of people were and are not born in the projects. And just wondering what do you consider projects? I grew in Salem, mass which only recently has been lifted beyond a sketchy place because of rail lines and commuters who have gentrified the place because of their fat paychecks from working in Boston. Yes there is always an exception to every rule thank you captain obvious.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#231341 1 year, 7 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Darxtar wrote:
I get that on some level, but I know that in Denver one of them will get in line at around 7 am and save the rail for all of them. Is that just the way it is? I wish there was a reasonable way to solve this and make it at least somewhat fair. Seems a bit contrary to the band's overall message isn't it? Sometimes I think it is time to just get off the bus. It was not this way before Tough of Grey. Those were the days.

Theres is a way to beat them. Get in line before them.

I'm getting up at 5am, going to Krispy Kreme at 5:30 for coffee and donuts, then getting straight in line at 6:00 just to get in line before the groupies do so that I can beat those 20 to the rail man!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#231349 1 year, 7 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
23atwell wrote:
Darxtar wrote:
I get that on some level, but I know that in Denver one of them will get in line at around 7 am and save the rail for all of them. Is that just the way it is? I wish there was a reasonable way to solve this and make it at least somewhat fair. Seems a bit contrary to the band's overall message isn't it? Sometimes I think it is time to just get off the bus. It was not this way before Tough of Grey. Those were the days.

Theres is a way to beat them. Get in line before them.

I'm getting up at 5am, going to Krispy Kreme at 5:30 for coffee and donuts, then getting straight in line at 6:00 just to get in line before the groupies do so that I can beat those 20 to the rail man!!!

I dont know if your being sarcastic but I wish thats what my day was going to be like today. I would get a couple dozen of the French crulers and pass them around for everyone to enjoy. I like burts quote, "if you cant beat them, join them".
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#231363 1 year, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
That's why I said take an average. That would include you but since you are in the minority you do not factor into the fact that the majority of people were and are not born in the projects. And just wondering what do you consider projects? I grew in Salem, mass which only recently has been lifted beyond a sketchy place because of rail lines and commuters who have gentrified the place because of their fat paychecks from working in Boston. Yes there is always an exception to every rule thank you captain obvious.

projects=government subsidized, high density housing for low income people

no need to get snippy, chief...i didn't think it was obvious i grew up in the projects
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds