• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: Lottery

#230301 1 year, 7 months ago
shirley-jackson.jpg

No Lottery!??!!?.......Used to be a saying about 'Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon.' First thing you know, we'd all be eating stewed chickweed and acorns.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#230302 1 year, 7 months ago
OZA wrote:
Lol, I only meant mysterious; because there's so much talk of this person here - yet she's only known as the Lady with a fan. I didn't mean an actual mystic figure

Let's call her Greta.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#230303 1 year, 7 months ago
skidoo wrote:
shirley-jackson.jpg

No Lottery!??!!?.......Used to be a saying about 'Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon.' First thing you know, we'd all be eating stewed chickweed and acorns.

Is that why I can't get tomatoes to grow?
OZA
Senior Boarder

#230304 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
OZA wrote:
Lol, I only meant mysterious; because there's so much talk of this person here - yet she's only known as the Lady with a fan. I didn't mean an actual mystic figure

Let's call her Greta.

nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#230310 1 year, 7 months ago
This was a silly post, so an edit seems like the right thing to do here. In other words, nevermind.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Moving right along
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#230322 1 year, 7 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:

I've been thinking your tag was Nippleish 20. Ah the memories it brought me. Sorry. You're right, especially regarding those who will come in late and stand in front of another w/o regard . . . Give me a shout, me and mine will gladly come crowd out the crowders. Although fighting fire w/ fire makes for a bigger fire, sometimes that's just what's called for. I wish I could say the stream was awesome last night, finally towards the middle of the second set we got some less interrupted songs. I can say it, THE STREAM WAS AWESOME.

Ah, sorry to disappoint. I'm an old dude, I don't think my nipples would be very attractive. It's actually rippleish20 as in ripple i(n) s(till) h20 (as in water)
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#230328 1 year, 7 months ago
OZA wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
OZA wrote:

Let's call her Greta.

I was thinking more like Greta Garbo, that mystery thing
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#230331 1 year, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Definitely agree about the sound being better a little ways back. Even when I am in early enough to hit the rail I never take advantage of it. Besides, this isn't the Stones. All you're going to see up front is some people standing around playing music.

Some people act like front row is the best seat in the house. I can see getting to the rail and being front row center once, but every time is kind of overkill. There is better sound throughout each venue and more room to dance. Also, wouldn't the band like to see a new fresh crew of fans in the front row every time? What's the big deal? Be courteous to others that have stood in line for hours, stop the bullying and stampedes into the front of the ticket line at the last possible second to get the 'treasured front row' (imo).
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#230368 1 year, 7 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Definitely agree about the sound being better a little ways back. Even when I am in early enough to hit the rail I never take advantage of it. Besides, this isn't the Stones. All you're going to see up front is some people standing around playing music.

Some people act like front row is the best seat in the house. I can see getting to the rail and being front row center once, but every time is kind of overkill. There is better sound throughout each venue and more room to dance. Also, wouldn't the band like to see a new fresh crew of fans in the front row every time? What's the big deal? Be courteous to others that have stood in line for hours, stop the bullying and stampedes into the front of the ticket line at the last possible second to get the 'treasured front row' (imo).

agreed...once or twice for the experience is one thing, but to force yourself up there for every show is lame and groupie-ish
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#230374 1 year, 7 months ago
Darxtar wrote:
I get that on some level, but I know that in Denver one of them will get in line at around 7 am and save the rail for all of them. Is that just the way it is? I wish there was a reasonable way to solve this and make it at least somewhat fair. Seems a bit contrary to the band's overall message isn't it? Sometimes I think it is time to just get off the bus. It was not this way before Tough of Grey. Those were the days.

Theres is a way to beat them. Get in line before them.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#230391 1 year, 7 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
Iriecycle wrote:

I've been thinking your tag was Nippleish 20. Ah the memories it brought me. Sorry. You're right, especially regarding those who will come in late and stand in front of another w/o regard . . . Give me a shout, me and mine will gladly come crowd out the crowders. Although fighting fire w/ fire makes for a bigger fire, sometimes that's just what's called for. I wish I could say the stream was awesome last night, finally towards the middle of the second set we got some less interrupted songs. I can say it, THE STREAM WAS AWESOME.

Ah, sorry to disappoint. I'm an old dude, I don't think my nipples would be very attractive. It's actually rippleish20 as in ripple i(n) s(till) h20 (as in water)

TMI, old dude. It's just my mind in the gutter. Perhaps sharing my misunderstanding was off base. Oh well. Live and let live.

No disappointment, although the image of old dude nipples not part of what I was bargaining for. Grew up in a summer resort, nipples of all kinds. Ripples of all kinds as well. Like ripples and nipples, of all kinds, some better than others.

peace
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#230397 1 year, 7 months ago
newyawker wrote:
Within the broad family of heads there has always been certain cliques. Tapers, Spinners, 'entitlementers' (made that word up), greenpeas, hells angels, etc etc etc. There is nothing new under the sun here. That being said, we must not think for one second that there is no inner circle of friends of the band. They will always get preferential treatment. The paradox that still remains to this day, is the righteous attitude some carry around. It is disturbing!The band was founded upon the principle of community/family. For anyone to self appoint themselves as the king of heads is deplorable. And they should be called out. I know some older heads who also find it appalling to be charged 150-200 bucks for a ticket to go listen to the band. I will have to find an article I read about TXR/TRI/SW in regards to this exact conversation. The person spoke very well on this subject. In fact, there is a swell of discontent among some heads that are predicting that these 2 venues promote and will give birth to entitled, king heads because of the size and price of tickets. Burt and Tim could probably speak better on this since they are out there, but I do have to agree with the premise of the persons article. Shit, I used to spend 150 bucks on a tour package to see a dozen or so shows!!!!!

As an aside, why is the person called "The lady with a fan?" Sounds like a Seinfeld character.

DITTO!

I'd go w/o tickets, as last minuet is often the best I can do. Score face, less, or more. Got some miracles, flowed in the front gate like I was supposed to, been let in by guards, bought last minuet releases at impromptu box office . . . can't recall the complete variety of entrance methods and fees, though far bellow the present seemingly exorbitant fee. I suppose larger venues could reduce fee, I do like these smaller venues . . . Watched gate crash and hundreds rushed by, experienced miracles of revelation, shared heightened experience, awesome "Vegetarian Food," then inspiration hit me and I rose to my feet, walked to the circle track around venue, providing a face value ticket and a super furry smile, bringing me in at set break. I don't know that I'd pay face for a ticket at set break at $60-$75?

I wonder how the Band now feels about Heads making tour a lifestyle? I loved life on tour as a Dedicated experience, and we did police, some nicer than others. With ticket prices being what they are it seems touring of old is discouraged. Or Tour Rats are being encouraged . . . People will do what they can to imitate what they perceive to be a good thing.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds