• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder
Posts:639

Re: Lottery

#230285 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh, I guess you didn't see her jumping up and down frantically fanning herself with a handheld fan in the front row, singing loudly to terrapin station the other night. Well maybe you can picture it.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2135
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Lottery

#230286 1 year, 9 months ago
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
Oh, I guess you didn't see her jumping up and down frantically fanning herself with a handheld fan in the front row, singing loudly to terrapin station the other night. Well maybe you can picture it.


That I did not see. Does not sound too inviting to witness either!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Lottery

#230287 1 year, 9 months ago
wLewis - i think it has something to do with the west coast entitlement complex.


ATG - I never got a west coast entitlement vibe, and I've seen more shows in the bay area than any other metropolitan area.

--------------------



Well ATG, you really have to consider who made that comment.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by captaintony.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1844

Re: Lottery

#230288 1 year, 9 months ago
Entitlementers
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5724

Re: Lottery

#230289 1 year, 9 months ago
I would also not consider anyone who spends time on the rail in any way having any sort of "mystical" status. Whether they get there by hook or by crook, so what?
It is nice to be close enough to see the strings on the guitar not to mention the interaction between the musicians. I have spent some time on the rail. At GA shows most of the time there is a big push in the beginning then after about a song or two people relax and some dancing room opens up. The center area is more jammed in than the sides.
Every concert and and people's concert experiences are different. The best experiences (for me) are when people are respectful of their fellow concert audience participants. My hope is to find a 'cool' comfortable place. We all have different notions of where that spot is. I have also seen shows in the back of a venue, off to the side and when possible behind the stage. These experiences have all been good! Get me into the venue and I am a happy camper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Iriecycle
OZA
Senior Boarder
Posts:349

Re: Lottery

#230290 1 year, 9 months ago
Lol, I only meant mysterious; because there's so much talk of this person here - yet she's only known as the Lady with a fan. I didn't mean an actual mystic figure
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by OZA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
skidoo
Gold Boarder
Posts:925
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

Re: Lottery

#230301 1 year, 9 months ago
shirley-jackson.jpg

No Lottery!??!!?.......Used to be a saying about 'Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon.' First thing you know, we'd all be eating stewed chickweed and acorns.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: Lottery

#230302 1 year, 9 months ago
OZA wrote:
Lol, I only meant mysterious; because there's so much talk of this person here - yet she's only known as the Lady with a fan. I didn't mean an actual mystic figure


Let's call her Greta.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: Lottery

#230303 1 year, 9 months ago
skidoo wrote:
shirley-jackson.jpg

No Lottery!??!!?.......Used to be a saying about 'Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon.' First thing you know, we'd all be eating stewed chickweed and acorns.


Is that why I can't get tomatoes to grow?
OZA
Senior Boarder
Posts:349

Re: Lottery

#230304 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
OZA wrote:
Lol, I only meant mysterious; because there's so much talk of this person here - yet she's only known as the Lady with a fan. I didn't mean an actual mystic figure


Let's call her Greta.

Time to create page: 0.28 seconds