• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

Lottery

#230204 1 year, 7 months ago
I thought there was a lottery for this show? The same people were in front of the stage all four nights. The lady with the fan and her group. I was just wondering how they pulled it off if there really was a lottery. I thought the idea of a lottery was to allow different people to be able to get in to the shows. Front row in front of the stage every night give me a break.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lottery

#230208 1 year, 7 months ago
Friends of the venue? It's pretty common with these smaller local places.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#230211 1 year, 7 months ago
Hummmmmmm
Interesting is it not?
They could just be a very fortunate group
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#230212 1 year, 7 months ago
Could be...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#230214 1 year, 7 months ago
Could be...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#230216 1 year, 7 months ago
there is undoubtedly an innie group with txr and sweetwater. what goes down i have no clue. they never get shut out though. i informed one about the on sale of sweetwater tix and was told "i'm already taken care of".

some of them probably score on lottery. i'm sure these venues recognize which people/names are in and out on the regular and spending serious coin...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , 23atwell
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#230222 1 year, 7 months ago
It's in the best interest of these bar/restaurant venues to take care of their regulars. These are the people who spend money there when there's no superstar act. If they spend enough time there they can't help but become friendly with the owner or the booking agent. Why not take care of them? These are the people who are the life's blood of the business.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

#230225 1 year, 7 months ago
They are the same people that I encounter at every show I go to. I first ran into them in Orlando a couple of years ago. I thought they were pretty cool at that time. They were very aggressive at the Vegas shows last year when we actually got in the line before they did. I brought my autistic son and wife and they almost caused a fight with how they shoved their way to the front of the line. They attend pretty much every Furthur show and are on the rail center right for most of them. They typically use a couple of goons to have their way. I fully expected them to be at the front of the Sweetwater shows but was still disappointed when I saw them there because there was a supposed lottery system. I have witnessed how they do it and just feel it is time to call them out. It is just not right. I just wish that something could be done short of making all the shows reserved seating.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#230227 1 year, 7 months ago
Well, that's not cool. Just remember, some people have no lives whatsoever.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#230230 1 year, 7 months ago
i have to agree to take care of the regulars.

at what point do these people realize how selfish it is though?

to rush to stand in front, EVERY, SINGLE, TIME. lol. crazy. the sound is always better a little ways back anyways.

i think it has something to do with the west coast entitlement complex.

most of them are cool i know these folks i see them all the time.

darxtar (sweet name by the way) we might be thinking of two different crews. i don't know anything about goons and having a way.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds