• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1844

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230219 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Happy birthday Alice D. Millionaire.

Sorry, I'm not having a steak in your honor. That
stuffs bad for ya.

Anyone ever get to meet him? I did once. I was with my
sister and her husband at a show in '84. My sister had a
necklace on that was my bro in laws Grandma's wedding ring
melted down. Owsley walked right up to her, without saying
anything and grabbed the hunk of metal on the chain and began
Inspecting it. My bro in law was like "uh excuse me..."
but then I noticed Bear on his tour laminate and told bro in law
that it's ok. Someone else came up and wanted to take
his picture but he said no. He was selling jewelry on that tour,
so that's what was on his mind.

A friend of mine from Marin claims he used to work out at
the same facility as Owsley and got to know him a bit. My
friend felt comfortable enough to ask him for a little sample,
and Owsley said yes under the condition he ingest it
then and there.

Anyway, thanks for all your contributions Bear!


Yes I met him

Happy Birthday Bear
We miss you
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230220 1 year, 9 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Happy birthday Alice D. Millionaire.

Sorry, I'm not having a steak in your honor. That
stuffs bad for ya.

Anyone ever get to meet him? I did once. I was with my
sister and her husband at a show in '84. My sister had a
necklace on that was my bro in laws Grandma's wedding ring
melted down. Owsley walked right up to her, without saying
anything and grabbed the hunk of metal on the chain and began
Inspecting it. My bro in law was like "uh excuse me..."
but then I noticed Bear on his tour laminate and told bro in law
that it's ok. Someone else came up and wanted to take
his picture but he said no. He was selling jewelry on that tour,
so that's what was on his mind.

A friend of mine from Marin claims he used to work out at
the same facility as Owsley and got to know him a bit. My
friend felt comfortable enough to ask him for a little sample,
and Owsley said yes under the condition he ingest it
then and there.

Anyway, thanks for all your contributions Bear!


Yes I met him

Happy Birthday Bear
We miss you


Well, Do tell of your encounter (if you wish). I'm sure he was happy to have met your acquaintance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
OZA
Senior Boarder
Posts:349

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230224 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks Owsley! Helped the Dead a whole lot as a sound guy and helped a lot of people, possibly including me, with little little squares that do things!
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2338

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230226 1 year, 9 months ago
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by splatter_face.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230229 1 year, 9 months ago
OZA wrote:
Thanks Owsley! Helped the Dead a whole lot as a sound guy and helped a lot of people, possibly including me, with little little squares that do things!



Just a little dab'll do ya!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, PMoondancer , OZA
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230231 1 year, 9 months ago
Bummer, we seemed to have missed Albert Hofmann's birthday also, January 11.


That's it, I put forth the motion that January be declared national psychedelics month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, ecojaded, lightchaser, OZA
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230232 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bummer, we seemed to have missed Albert Hofmann's birthday also, January 11.


That's it, I put forth the motion that January be declared national psychedelics month.
'

seconded
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230236 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Bummer, we seemed to have missed Albert Hofmann's birthday also, January 11.


That's it, I put forth the motion that January be declared national psychedelics month.
'

seconded


Thank you our esteemed board member....

all those in favor say ay
Equinox
Platinum Boarder
Posts:17107

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230238 1 year, 9 months ago
Ay!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230240 1 year, 9 months ago
january is the rebirth, new year, new ideas, new energy etc. good month for national psychadelics month
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, AcidTestGraduate
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230253 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
january is the rebirth, new year, new ideas, new energy etc. good month for national psychadelics month


Actually it should start on Christmas day, as that's the birthday of Carlos Castenada. The month should then be celebrated
with much zeal through the NYE run, and right on through to January 31.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: how did we forget owsleys birthday?

#230254 1 year, 9 months ago
always loved the ol' jug band sound

Time to create page: 0.26 seconds