• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Gilmore and Waters sat in Again

#23037 3 years, 3 months ago
thanks that was awesome!

he switched up the immagery on the wall since I went in Hartford, CT - that was crazy when he crashed into the wall like that. I wish I could of tripped when I went....
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MushroomMan.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#23353 3 years, 3 months ago
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
ddsstyle
Visitor

#23356 3 years, 3 months ago
its a shame Waters made his recent tour out here too expensive for most, including me, to check out. I would have love to have seen this though!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#23357 3 years, 3 months ago
no doubt !
i'm not paying over 100 bucks to see anyone !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Steve
Junior Boarder

#23381 3 years, 3 months ago
The tour was a very expensive ticket to get, as it was a HUGE production. Not saying it's justified, but it cost a lot to put on that show every night. Not just 5 guys and some lights. Plus, the guy is getting older and this probably will be the last world tour that he does. Also, he's giving people outside of NY, LA and London the chance to see The Wall, as that is where it was performed in 80 and 81.

Roger Waters, like him or not, wrote some great songs. PF would never have evolved into what it was with Syd still in the band. David Gilmour is a much better guitarist. Piper is a great album, but it is nothing compared to Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, etc.

This is my opinion as a Floyd fan of 30+ years.

Flame me if you want, but Waters wrote The Wall. He can charge whatever he wants. It's not going to get me to buy a ticket, though.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#23386 3 years, 3 months ago
Dont get me wrong. Looove the band. But some bands/musicians burn out. This cant be said bout the various projects of the former grateful dead. Went and saw Jethro Tull at the Greek theatre (LA) and was extremely disapointed. Theres jus something to be said bout the remaining GD member bringin the magic in their 70s.

OH AND DID I MENTION HOW STOKED I AM FOR T'NIGHT?.lol
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#23401 3 years, 3 months ago
Jethro Tull still kicks ass!

saw the last 2 times they were at Jones Beach and will definitly be catching them next time around as well....
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#23405 3 years, 3 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
Dont get me wrong. Looove the band. But some bands/musicians burn out. This cant be said bout the various projects of the former grateful dead. Went and saw Jethro Tull at the Greek theatre (LA) and was extremely disapointed. Theres jus something to be said bout the remaining GD member bringin the magic in their 70s.

OH AND DID I MENTION HOW STOKED I AM FOR T'NIGHT?.lol

You just stuck a platypus in your mouth 420. Theres 4 remaining dead members and bob is like 63 or 64.

PS- Just doing my job. I love you all!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds