• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Optical Illusions

#22894 2 years, 11 months ago
Ok, so I'm driving yesterday, stopped at a red light. I'm taking a quick sip of my coffee and as the light changes I look up and I feel like I'm going backward all of a sudden.

What's happening is the car in front has slowly started to move forward while I was still for a second or two so it felt like sliding back for a weird moment. This happens maybe once a month and sometimes when a car moves beside me, too. Does this happen to you? Any others?

Ok, another one, I've got to split for a bit but here's an image I was looking at last night. Intimate lovers, right? Oh yeah
double-image-illusion.jpg

But do you see the 9 dolphins, too? Cmon, let go of the couple...focus for fish.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Sigmund the Seamonster
Junior Boarder

Re: Optical Illusions

#22896 2 years, 11 months ago
cool
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#22906 2 years, 11 months ago
I've had vection illusions a few times in my life.

For me, they usually occur when the car is stopped after long hard drives. Fatigue and a degrees of dehydration also seem to be involved, at least in my case.

Those dolphins are cute.

Paige
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#22911 2 years, 11 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
Ok, so I'm driving yesterday, stopped at a red light. I'm taking a quick sip of my coffee and as the light changes I look up and I feel like I'm going backward all of a sudden.

What's happening is the car in front has slowly started to move forward while I was still for a second or two so it felt like sliding back for a weird moment. This happens maybe once a month and sometimes when a car moves beside me, too. Does this happen to you? Any others?

Ok, another one, I've got to split for a bit but here's an image I was looking at last night. Intimate lovers, right? Oh yeah
double-image-illusion.jpg

But do you see the 9 dolphins, too? Cmon, let go of the couple...focus for fish.

since you mentioned the dolphins I see them .
But first , I saw a hooded man kneeling with his arms crossed on his chest and his head tilted to one side

And yes the feelings of motion gets me too.
It's stronger looking at a train, try that sometime
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by the highway terror.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#22946 2 years, 11 months ago
cool .... took a few minutes to notice the dolphins - I was about to post that I can't make them out....

I only got that moving back feeling before when I wasn't driving and we pass a semi on the highway ...... I'm sure everybody has gotten that before...
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#23219 2 years, 11 months ago
Good to know it's not just me..come to think of it, it does happen most when I'm tired..I think it's because I take my eyes off the car that moves and see it in an indirect way.....weird, I put this topic up and then saw a story about illusions just a few hours later. I guess there's a yearly thing.

illusioncontest.neuralcorrelate.com/
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#23220 2 years, 11 months ago

not an illusion but a wild ride over SF
vlsportysexycool.com/2011/05/12/giants-p...ew-of-san-francisco/
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#23231 2 years, 11 months ago
took a while for me for the dolphins to finally show up. I did see em! Thought I was too bg of a pervert to see em.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#23265 2 years, 11 months ago
I thought the tail was a well trimmed bush. I know, I know. Go ahead and subtract 3 karma for that one. My bad....
Charlie Sheen
Junior Boarder

#23274 2 years, 11 months ago
the Dollar Bill is an optical illusion.
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds