• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

Phil Lesh and Friends are playing at Mountain Jam

#227795 1 year, 9 months ago
here's a link to the full lineup lineup.mountainjam.com/

Phil's friends will include Warren Haynes, John Scofield, Joe Russo and Jeff Chimenti

Sounds pretty good to me!

Now I've never been to mountain jam. How do you all feel about this festival? opinions and experiences are appreciated. I'm hoping to see this Phil and Friends lineup on the road. Maybe at some other festivals... (((wanee))) I had said that I wasn't going to do the festival thing this year, but if wanee puts out a lineup like this one (with a little extra cheese on top) then I might have to reconsider. Can mountain jam compare to the spirit of suwanee music park? how chill is this festival?

I love me some soul live and ALO, great bands to see on the lower tier of a festival lineup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil Lesh and Friends are playing at Mountain Jam

#227802 1 year, 9 months ago
I wonder if Phil's gonna book a few more East Coast shows around this date.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#227811 1 year, 9 months ago
Not gonna head this far east this year. Though Phil&Friends sounds great with Warren.Mule too...
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#227818 1 year, 9 months ago
oh shit sweet!

wasn't expecting this... less then 3 hours away. I'll be there for sure. do they do 1 day passes or anything? ... I'll probably go for the weekend depending what else is going on
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#227849 1 year, 9 months ago
mountain jam cannot be compared to anything going on at suwanee, it's totally different. steep hill, no car camping at mountain jam. much smaller in size as well. something about wanee just seemed a lot more "free"

i went up to mountain jam once on a day pass to see phil and friends play. i am not sure if they still do day passes.

this lineup looks pretty good. i was already considering being in NY around that time. we'll see.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#228416 1 year, 9 months ago
we have been going scince 2007 it is right in our back yard only 30 min from home .. we stay in the van in the lot they actually are offering car camping this year I agree the regular campground is steep to carry all your stuff we never had to do it but our friends have we will be there we go from wens night leave monday morning it is beautifull on the mountain I love the chair lift ride !!!!! hope to see you all there ...
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#228477 1 year, 9 months ago
bmp for phil:)
Jerry Garcia
Fresh Boarder

#228492 1 year, 9 months ago
I went a couple of years ago with a buddy in a wheelchair, so we had HC seating. Lots of hotels and condo's to rent within walking distance ($$$ Catskills in the summer). Shuttle bus to campground that seemed to leave on a regular basis. Lots of cops on the way out so do the speed limit and hide your stash (we stayed about an hour away) The sound was fine and it does get chilly in the mountains at night. Also you can exit and enter the concert as you please through a check out station. Hope that helps
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#228513 1 year, 9 months ago
oh yeah big check ponit going in on thursday thats why we go up wens night to get our spot ..
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#228515 1 year, 9 months ago
great fest I guarantee a great time !!!! bring clothes for any kind of weather it is weird hot during the day and chilly at night , sometimes rain but never any snow ahahahah
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds