• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wanee Line Up!

#228407 1 year, 7 months ago
i'm not really into festivals either anymore. wanee last yr was the first festival i did since 2006 with the exception of furthur festival but that's it's own animal. i did end up at a couple more last summer, thinking wanee had rekindled my interest in them. it sort of did, but i came back to the same conclusions i was making in 2006 by the end of the summer.

what i can say is if the lineup piques your interest, get to wanee, it's worth it. they know what they're doing down there.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dead_in_ky
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#228408 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm not much of festival guy anymore, either. Although, might have to make an exception this year for Wanee if Furthur is on the bill. Seems it was a success last year.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#228410 1 year, 7 months ago
Festivals are fun for camping out and just being in a fantasy world for a few days. Usually way too many bands and most of which I could care less about. Hell I don't even like an opening band let alone 20 openers before the band you really want to see is up.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#228442 1 year, 7 months ago
What do you think

Allman Brothers
Widespread Panic
PHIL AND FRIENDS
Gov't Mule
Tedeski Trucks
Leon Russell (confirmed)
Tower of Power (confirmed)
Staggerl
Junior Boarder

#228539 1 year, 7 months ago
It may be wishful thinking but I have theory that the reason spring tour hasn't been announced yet is because they want to coincide their announcement with Wanee either because of final details being hammered out or out of mutual courtesy between the band and the festival. I know that they could just do what WSP did and leave those dates blank but it just seems coincidental to me and I just want the spring dates to be released already.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#228577 1 year, 7 months ago
Are busts really that common at all festivals, or are there just a few to avoid? I'd love to go to a fest, but it's not worth being paranoid the entire time.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#228602 1 year, 7 months ago
OZA wrote:
Are busts really that common at all festivals, or are there just a few to avoid? I'd love to go to a fest, but it's not worth being paranoid the entire time.

you have to be doing something wrong to get arrested at a festival like selling drugs or driving erratically outside with tons of drugs in your car. nobody gets arrested for smoking a joint or really any consumption. it's once you are the distributor or posing danger to others that you will get picked up.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#228695 1 year, 7 months ago
If Wanee is being announced Monday, I wonder if Furthur will announce tomorrow.....
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#228698 1 year, 7 months ago
Maybe Furthur will OPEN their spring tour with a performance at Wanee, kinda do a backwards approach from last year's schedule.

It would be nice to do May dates and late July/early August dates for a change.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds