• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

Re: Dear Colorado-ians

#227611 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Go online and see if you can pick up a lift ticket 4 pack to whatever mountain you decide.

That's a good idea too, thanks Mark
perry
Senior Boarder

#227649 1 year, 9 months ago
So far the season has been poor, most areas in Summit have 25 inch base with 50-75 inches this season. It better be better by Furthur time! All areas have discounted tix at the front range groceries etc... Loveland's website lists a bunch of places to get them. Most 4 packs can only be used by one person Loveland gives 4 tickets that can all be used at once, find tons on Craig's for @35 each. Eldora is the closest and least traffic to Broomfield....if the snow is killer and there is powder, the ride down 70 can take a long time, but if you leave the slopes by 4 you will make the show, if your lucky you can hit your hotel first
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#227699 1 year, 9 months ago
SugarMee wrote:
Hehe, I know there was some talk about a possible ski day on Thursday and Friday during the run of shows. I am arriving in Denver noonish on that Friday, so me and my crew can't make that unfortunately. I gotta go skiing however, and I know it's crazy busy on Saturdays, but that's my only option. Where would you guys suggest for a Saturday ski day? I'll have a ride and could bring 3 more people along also if anyone is interested.

FYI. Our demonym is Coloradans. That is all.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227720 1 year, 9 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
SugarMee wrote:
Hehe, I know there was some talk about a possible ski day on Thursday and Friday during the run of shows. I am arriving in Denver noonish on that Friday, so me and my crew can't make that unfortunately. I gotta go skiing however, and I know it's crazy busy on Saturdays, but that's my only option. Where would you guys suggest for a Saturday ski day? I'll have a ride and could bring 3 more people along also if anyone is interested.

I thought technically the full term was "spoiled rotten Coloradans"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder, Barefoot Mountain Mama
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#227727 1 year, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
SugarMee wrote:

I thought technically the full term was "spoiled rotten Coloradans"?

The judges will also accept that answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Barefoot Mountain Mama
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#227757 1 year, 9 months ago
i'll be hitting the areas in summit county and maybe aspen the week after the shows if anyone wants to hook up for some turns
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#227784 1 year, 9 months ago
I arrive in Denver at 7:30am on friday and I am looking for a fun way to spend the day. I won't be skiing and would like to avoid I70. Any suggestions? I was considering trying to get to estes park or south to garden of the gods.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#227794 1 year, 9 months ago
perry wrote:
So far the season has been poor, most areas in Summit have 25 inch base with 50-75 inches this season. It better be better by Furthur time! All areas have discounted tix at the front range groceries etc... Loveland's website lists a bunch of places to get them. Most 4 packs can only be used by one person Loveland gives 4 tickets that can all be used at once, find tons on Craig's for @35 each. Eldora is the closest and least traffic to Broomfield....if the snow is killer and there is powder, the ride down 70 can take a long time, but if you leave the slopes by 4 you will make the show, if your lucky you can hit your hotel first

Thanks for the info bro. It sure does sound like it has been a dry wnter. I was just in Denver Mon-Tue and it was plenty cold.

You asked about Copper, its my personal favorite when skiing out of Denver and looking to get back for shows. I plan on being there Thurs/Fri. Just like 10 more miles down the road past A-basin/Breck/Keystone. Good grooming as anywhere (assuming theres no pow) and nice variety with some some steeper goomers (sic). Less "family" oriented then Breck/Keystone so you can ski faster (lol), but not as steep as the "potential" steeps of A-basin, which need snow to open. Below is straight from their website:

Trails
22% of Terrain Open
30 Trails Open
196/960 Acres Open
6/8 Lifts Open
East Wall is Closed
Montezuma Bowl is Closed

And the link below is for a cool site I use for snow conditions across the country. More true skier focused then some marketing website and has links to all the ski areas websites in the Western US:

www.skitiger.com/colorado/

So if anything changes and you can ski Thurs/Fri let me know. If there is pow on Sat then I will head up that day too, otherwise plan on avoiding the big crowds. And FWIW, I am a Level III Certified Ski Instructor so kind of like to ski fast. In fact, I can already feel the need for speed...........lol.
perry
Senior Boarder

#227796 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
perry wrote:

Thanks for the info bro. It sure does sound like it has been a dry wnter. I was just in Denver Mon-Tue and it was plenty cold.

You asked about Copper, its my personal favorite when skiing out of Denver and looking to get back for shows. I plan on being there Thurs/Fri. Just like 10 more miles down the road past A-basin/Breck/Keystone. Good grooming as anywhere (assuming theres no pow) and nice variety with some some steeper goomers (sic). Less "family" oriented then Breck/Keystone so you can ski faster (lol), but not as steep as the "potential" steeps of A-basin, which need snow to open. Below is straight from their website:

Trails
22% of Terrain Open
30 Trails Open
196/960 Acres Open
6/8 Lifts Open
East Wall is Closed
Montezuma Bowl is Closed

And the link below is for a cool site I use for snow conditions across the country. More true skier focused then some marketing website and has links to all the ski areas websites in the Western US:

So if anything changes and you can ski Thurs/Fri let me know. If there is pow on Sat then I will head up that day too, otherwise plan on avoiding the big crowds. And FWIW, I am a Level III Certified Ski Instructor so kind of like to ski fast. In fact, I can already feel the need for speed...........lol.

Copper is my fave
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227884 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
perry wrote:

Trails
22% of Terrain Open
30 Trails Open
196/960 Acres Open
6/8 Lifts Open
East Wall is Closed
Montezuma Bowl is Closed

You're right, no snow on the runs and they're just "potential". As far as steeps, A Basin has them in abundance. There's a reason it's called "The Legend"
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds