• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

Dear Coloradans

#227582 1 year, 7 months ago
Hehe, I know there was some talk about a possible ski day on Thursday and Friday during the run of shows. I am arriving in Denver noonish on that Friday, so me and my crew can't make that unfortunately. I gotta go skiing however, and I know it's crazy busy on Saturdays, but that's my only option. Where would you guys suggest for a Saturday ski day? I'll have a ride and could bring 3 more people along also if anyone is interested.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SugarMee. Reason: I can't spell well, and my phone can't either..
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dear Colorado-ians

#227587 1 year, 7 months ago
Loveland is closest to Denver, right up i 70, just before the Eisenhower tunnel.
skiloveland.com/

Haven't skied on a Saturday in years, but I'd suspect it will be crowded so plan on standing in lift lines pretty much
wherever you go.

Another option would be Arapaho Basin, which is a bit further than Loveland, but not much. It offers more challenge, and is more of a locals favorite. As you make your way there you'll pass the sign marking the Continental divide.

Both offer reasonable lift ticket prices.

www.arapahoebasin.com/Abasin/Default.aspx

Hope some snow is on the way!
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#227590 1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah man, praying for some snow!! How is Copper mtn?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#227592 1 year, 7 months ago
If you want to avoid the tunnel go to Loveland or Eldora. Loveland has some pretty extreme shit on the other side of the highway but if there is no snow none of that stuff will be open. Of course the best skiing is in Summit County but it will be a bitch of a drive back to Broomfield for a show that night. Winter Park is another option that isn't too terribly far.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227593 1 year, 7 months ago
further west. Only skied there once.

www.coppercolorado.com/winter/index.html

I'd also suggest Winter Park, a bit closer.

www.winterparkresort.com/
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227594 1 year, 7 months ago
I always forget about Eldora. That's probably closest to Broomfield.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#227597 1 year, 7 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions guys I really do appreciate it. So Dru, Phil, and I have room for 3 more riders to ski on the 23rd. If anyone is down let me know.

Good Times
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227599 1 year, 7 months ago
You used to be able to get discount lift tickets at King Soopers grocery stores, not sure if that's still the case. There might be other places in town to do so, ask the front desk at your hotel. Also, you can find ski rental places on your way up to the mountains if you need to rent gear. You should find one of those in Idaho Springs. Might save you a little time at the mountain.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#227603 1 year, 7 months ago
Go online and see if you can pick up a lift ticket 4 pack to whatever mountain you decide.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#227604 1 year, 7 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
You used to be able to get discount lift tickets at King Soopers grocery stores, not sure if that's still the case. There might be other places in town to do so, ask the front desk at your hotel. Also, you can find ski rental places on your way up to the mountains if you need to rent gear. You should find one of those in Idaho Springs. Might save you a little time at the mountain.

Nice! I'll keep my eyes peeled for lift tickets, or may grab them online, they seem a little cheaper if bought at least a week in advance.

Are you gonna be at these shows?
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds