• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

Re: Any Good Movie Recommendations??

#227373 1 year, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I just watches peace, love and misunderstanding and though it was great. It was filmed in up state NY, woodstock and had some great gd tunes, including stella blue. Anyways if you havent seen it, then I would suggest it.

That one is my new favorite. I love the scene where Jane Fonda is telling her grandkids about catching Jerry's eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Chester
More or less in line

#227377 1 year, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Repo Men with Jude law and Forrest Whitaker was quite entertaining but fairly gruesome.

That one was interesting. But doesn't hold a candle to the first Repo man.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#227378 1 year, 9 months ago
Life of Pi worth watching multiple times, though thought provoking . . . actually all the films I really dig are thought provoking . . . Pirated movies can be quite good. The HBO Weeds series is sort of entertaining in a mind numbing way, as is Breaking Bad. There is this one movie on the edge of my consciousness . . . far edge, Mindwalk, also thoughtful.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227391 1 year, 9 months ago
The Music never Stopped is a REALLY good movie about a mental patient who only comes out of his stupor when he hears music from his youth (late 60's, early 70's), solid acting, really good story and as a bonus, it shows a few of the characters attending a grateful dead concert which actually plays into the story. it's not a movie about the grateful dead, it's a movie about music bringing someone out of their mental state, I highly recommend it.
-- smell every flower --
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#227393 1 year, 9 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Life of Pi worth watching multiple times, though thought provoking . . . actually all the films I really dig are thought provoking . . . Pirated movies can be quite good. The HBO Weeds series is sort of entertaining in a mind numbing way, as is Breaking Bad. There is this one movie on the edge of my consciousness . . . far edge, Mindwalk, also thoughtful.

Weeds is actually a Showtime series. I enjoyed the first season, but found it way too far fetched after that. I hated the end of the series, but watched it until the end because I felt invested and past the point of no return.
If you like HBO and gangster fare, The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire are must see.
My new favorite sitcom this week is Raising Hope.
I hope the wheel feels better pronto.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#227394 1 year, 9 months ago
I recently started watching the HBO series Sherlock on Netflix and it is pretty intriguing. I also like Shameless (the US version).

Heal fast and warm up!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#227409 1 year, 9 months ago
Chester wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
Repo Men with Jude law and Forrest Whitaker was quite entertaining but fairly gruesome.

That one was interesting. But doesn't hold a candle to the first Repo man.

I felt the need to make sure I had pluralized that just so nobody thought I was talking about the one with Emilio, . Wasn't the guy from alien in that too? Small world on the big screen, now how can we link them both to Kevin bacon?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#227415 1 year, 9 months ago
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Chester
More or less in line

#227416 1 year, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:

I felt the need to make sure I had pluralized that just so nobody thought I was talking about the one with Emilio, . Wasn't the guy from alien in that too? Small world on the big screen, now how can we link them both to Kevin bacon?

Yeah, I took a liberty with the spelling. You are correct about Harry Dean Stanton. He was also in Alien.

Seriously, if anybody hasn't seen this, it's a hoot!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#227464 1 year, 9 months ago
The Performance w/James Fox and Mick Jagger:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0066214/
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227499 1 year, 9 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:

I'm very curious to see how the moviemakers pulled off Life of Pi. The book is so surreal, it's hard to understand how they can bring it to the big screen, but it's gotten good reviews. Very, very interesting book, that I still think about, it's definitely thought provoking, in a good way!

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! I went from Amelie to Paul yesterday. I think the latter made some "worst of" lists, but with a buzz it really gave me some laugh out loud moments, if you like sci fi-ish spoofs. On to Peace, Love and Misunderstanding shortly. I'm getting pretty tired of being inside, though.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#227511 1 year, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Iriecycle wrote:

I'm very curious to see how the moviemakers pulled off Life of Pi. The book is so surreal, it's hard to understand how they can bring it to the big screen, but it's gotten good reviews. Very, very interesting book, that I still think about, it's definitely thought provoking, in a good way!

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! I went from Amelie to Paul yesterday. I think the latter made some "worst of" lists, but with a buzz it really gave me some laugh out loud moments, if you like sci fi-ish spoofs. On to Peace, Love and Misunderstanding shortly. I'm getting pretty tired of being inside, though.

hey, hope you feel better. I know being laid up in the house drives me nuts.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds