• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Any Good Movie Recommendations??

#227416 1 year, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:

I felt the need to make sure I had pluralized that just so nobody thought I was talking about the one with Emilio, . Wasn't the guy from alien in that too? Small world on the big screen, now how can we link them both to Kevin bacon?

Yeah, I took a liberty with the spelling. You are correct about Harry Dean Stanton. He was also in Alien.

Seriously, if anybody hasn't seen this, it's a hoot!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#227464 1 year, 9 months ago
The Performance w/James Fox and Mick Jagger:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0066214/
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227499 1 year, 9 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
Life of Pi worth watching multiple times, though thought provoking . . . actually all the films I really dig are thought provoking . . . Pirated movies can be quite good. The HBO Weeds series is sort of entertaining in a mind numbing way, as is Breaking Bad. There is this one movie on the edge of my consciousness . . . far edge, Mindwalk, also thoughtful.

I'm very curious to see how the moviemakers pulled off Life of Pi. The book is so surreal, it's hard to understand how they can bring it to the big screen, but it's gotten good reviews. Very, very interesting book, that I still think about, it's definitely thought provoking, in a good way!

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! I went from Amelie to Paul yesterday. I think the latter made some "worst of" lists, but with a buzz it really gave me some laugh out loud moments, if you like sci fi-ish spoofs. On to Peace, Love and Misunderstanding shortly. I'm getting pretty tired of being inside, though.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#227511 1 year, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Iriecycle wrote:
Life of Pi worth watching multiple times, though thought provoking . . . actually all the films I really dig are thought provoking . . . Pirated movies can be quite good. The HBO Weeds series is sort of entertaining in a mind numbing way, as is Breaking Bad. There is this one movie on the edge of my consciousness . . . far edge, Mindwalk, also thoughtful.

I'm very curious to see how the moviemakers pulled off Life of Pi. The book is so surreal, it's hard to understand how they can bring it to the big screen, but it's gotten good reviews. Very, very interesting book, that I still think about, it's definitely thought provoking, in a good way!

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! I went from Amelie to Paul yesterday. I think the latter made some "worst of" lists, but with a buzz it really gave me some laugh out loud moments, if you like sci fi-ish spoofs. On to Peace, Love and Misunderstanding shortly. I'm getting pretty tired of being inside, though.

hey, hope you feel better. I know being laid up in the house drives me nuts.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#227530 1 year, 9 months ago
Just watch Curb from season 1 on!!!!!!! Cant beat it for comedy.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#227539 1 year, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I just watches peace, love and misunderstanding and though it was great. It was filmed in up state NY, woodstock and had some great gd tunes, including stella blue. Anyways if you havent seen it, then I would suggest it.

What a great feel-good movie, I loved it!! Jane Fonda sure still has it. I'm ready to move to Woodstock now!
Mr. Goat
Junior Boarder

#227571 1 year, 9 months ago
Haven't seen either of these, but The Promised Land and Not Fade Away are both showing at a theater near you!
God writes testament in stars
Believe no word you read
Until you see what action
Has been mothered by the deed
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#227575 1 year, 9 months ago
Ah!! I forgot! You gotta check out the ricky gervais show on HBO. Little 30 minute conversations with ricky, stephen merchant, and carl pilkington set to a hilarious cartoon. Gut busting funny english humor.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#227801 1 year, 9 months ago
I loved moonrise kingdom i thought it was just wonderful all around and i think it might fit your bill perfectly. Hope ur mending up well and your enjoying the downtime.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds