• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

The Band 12-31-83 opening for GD video!!!

#226973 1 year, 8 months ago
I love the Band. Fortunately got to see them in 83 and also saw individual members in different configurations over the years.
Obviously without Robertson... but they were still great. Thank you youtube.. I love how they give you suggestions based on what you have viewed. Bam this was there!!!! I just had to go change my underwear after the first two songs. Here it is what a great nightcap....

The following user(s) said Thank You: paulr, Esaus Brother is my Son
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Band 12-31-83 opening for GD video!!!

#226992 1 year, 8 months ago
Wholly sweet moses. Man this is great stuff. This band had more talent ... than well I won't go there. Richard Manuel... what a talent.. incredible voice, pianist, songwriter, even drummer!.....plus.... what a god awful loss that was. Rick Danko... oh hell... Garth... and of course Levon whom most here are probably most familiar with. I believe I typed it here once before? But if I didn't the greatest show I ever saw (non dead category) was Manuel-Hudson-Helm opening for Roy Buchanon at the Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh circa 1982... what I would pay to be in the crowd for the Band & the GD in SF NYE 1983... sigh...gone are the days.......
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Band 12-31-83 opening for GD video!!!

#227023 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you for putting this up! Grew up with The Band; had a Live LP (yea, vinyl) which I wore out. The Last Waltz is my favorite concert movie (still have to watch it every time it comes up on cable, and listen to the cd often). Love and respect Robbie Robertson, but this show without him shows how much musicianship these guys had: Garth, the Mad Genius on keys and reeds; Rick on bass, 6 string and soulful vocals; Richard on keys, drums (news to me) and soulful vocals; and Levon on drums, mandolin, harp and front man extraordinaire. This is a must watch video!
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Band 12-31-83 opening for GD video!!! -

#227100 1 year, 8 months ago
Your most welcome lightchaser. I am bumping this for greatness... It really is a "Must See"..hope some other folks check it out.
As far as Robertson I have mixed feelings. Obviously a great songwriter and I respect his immense talent. But if you do any reading about him, by all, I mean ALL accounts he is one of the biggest egomaniac douche bags to ever walk the earth. Further I know its "selfish" but he really should have kept the band together.. or at least joined them in 83..it his life/choice I get it... but it would have been tremendous for fans of the Band and his other bandmates.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Band 12-31-83 opening for GD video!!! -

#227120 1 year, 8 months ago

Monsters........
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds