Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Band Gripes

#233733 1 year, 8 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

it's like my man ahhhnuld said: "relax, you'll live longah"

The irony of it all! That creepy bug always make me want to move away from your posts as quickly as possible.
Concerning your stance above, I hope that you also choose not to let what you do bother others. (Please free the bug.)

i try to be considerate, but i'm not perfect, unlike some others here who have attained the 28th circle of all-knowing deadheadian wisdom and enlightenment...i may breathe too loudly or look in the wrong direction...i may need to use the bathroom at what some may deem an inopportune time or i may take a picture of the band...and for all these mortal sins and more i plead for understanding from those who are better heads than me

Well if we are nominating posts of the week or month or whatever this post gets my vote. Thanks spring mountain high!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#233736 1 year, 8 months ago
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Your response indicates that you try to act in a socially acceptable manner. I fail to grasp your sarcasm if directed toward me. I am far from perfect. I hope that I don't sound like a sanctimonious bastard. I was commenting about that creepy bug that appears in your posts. We don't all have the same levels of appreciation or tolerance. I know some older folks that avoid dealing with people with dreadlocks because they think they are dirty. Dreadlocks are fine to me, but I want to squash that creepy bug!
Thank You Jerry
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233745 1 year, 8 months ago
I do not like to be referred to as a Deadhead. Someone owes me an apology.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#233749 1 year, 8 months ago
I really don't understand why folks would get upset that someone said cell phone use at concerts bothers them. People in our society like to believe that their actions effect no one else. Someone saying it annoys them when hundreds of people hold their phones over their heads to take a pic or something is not nearly as anal as someone complaining about about someone complaining about the actual problem of phones at shows.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by B-Rad.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#233756 1 year, 8 months ago
MissinJerry wrote:
I just dont get it, who runs the show anyways...

JeffC, often his back is to the audience... whats up with that? Rearrange you dang keyboards so that you are either facing THE PEOPLE that are paying your bills (the audience) or at least the band... but for the paying customers to see your back is just wrong!

JeffP, keep yer dang hands out of your pockets! when does someone put their hands in their pockets? WHEN THEY ARE BORED... You bored when you are up there on the stage?

Phil/Bob, whats up with your lighting person?
There is no feeling to the lights, seems like he/she either doesnt know the music, doesnt care, or just has no groove or really isnt a lighting person...
Remember the old days? The lights were a big part of the show, they were made for the music...
NEVER did one say, "its just a dude hitting the chase button every now and then"
I would NEVER tell someone to go see a Phish show and be subjected to their nursery rhymes.
BUT if they were to go, they would be blown away!
Best dang sounding nursery rhymes your ears will ever hear.. and an AMAZING light show to boot... WOW!
It wouldn't cost the Bob/Phil ANY more to have a real lighting person that did the lights, like a musician playing their instrument.
FURTHUR DESERVES A BETTER LIGHT SHOW!

Too phunny that MissinJerry first post is this...I smell something phishy. Maybe we should all go to phishy sites and tell them our gripes with phish but also tell them that furthur would "blow them away". 9 pages of gripes about furthur, and not one reply from this woman/man who originally posted this, also not another post elsewhere..
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by SugarMee.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233768 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Your response indicates that you try to act in a socially acceptable manner. I fail to grasp your sarcasm if directed toward me. I am far from perfect. I hope that I don't sound like a sanctimonious bastard. I was commenting about that creepy bug that appears in your posts. We don't all have the same levels of appreciation or tolerance. I know some older folks that avoid dealing with people with dreadlocks because they think they are dirty. Dreadlocks are fine to me, but I want to squash that creepy bug!

embrace the bug, bill...for is he not one of god's creatures? whether carbon or silicon based, all life forms deserve respect

"to even the hated mosquito i have given many a meal and told them to go in peace"

~john muir
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233771 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

SMH, please don't take offense but that bug is freaking annoying and distracting as hell brotha. It was unique, cool, a little creepy and brought on some unwanted OC behavior occasionally, but it's time has come and gone. Please retire the bug
-- smell every flower --
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233774 1 year, 8 months ago
VIVA LA BUG!!!!

it's awesome. is there a way to have multiple bugs?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, nycdave
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#233777 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
VIVA LA BUG!!!!

it's awesome. is there a way to have multiple bugs?

What if everybody had bugs on their posts?

That would be better than just one annoying bug that I want to squish

-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#233778 1 year, 8 months ago
be careful what you wish for kevin
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#233779 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

embrace the bug, bill...for is he not one of god's creatures? whether carbon or silicon based, all life forms deserve respect

"to even the hated mosquito i have given many a meal and told them to go in peace"

~john muir

I live in and respect the natural world. It's the man-made world that I find obtrusive. This bug is apparently part of that obtrusiveness. As I have said, it's creepy to me. I will respond accordingly. Have your fun as you choose. No harm done.
Thank You Jerry
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#233780 1 year, 8 months ago
This is turning into a moral, ethical, dilemma (even). Should the bug (one of gods creeepy creaturs) be embraced or squashed? Also, who if anyone gets to decide what proper Furthur concert etiquette is? Does Jeff luv or not so much, dead heads?
Upon furthur thought, this post is too funny. So, are we having fun yet? Side note. I am glad I never accepted a dinner invitation from John Muir. It would just not be proper to ask who the other guests were.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, kevin
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds