• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: Band Gripes

#233495 1 year, 5 months ago
Understandable. I get annoyed when people sing in my ear.

Like I said, I'll do my best to not be a nuisance, and will definitely turn my screen as low as it will go.

Thanks for the tips about where to go ( also, other people feel free to chime in ). Gonna try and get on the front row of the back upper balcony for Ogden.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#233498 1 year, 5 months ago
[quote="DancinBear" post=233394]ZenoMarx wrote:
I prefer the stripped down, no light show tours. Throw up a giant tie-dye backdrop with basic stage lights (static, if you please), and I'm good to go. Let me see the band. I'm there to watch and listen to them. I don't want any of the other pomp & circumstance. And if it saves me even a quarter on the ticket price, it's two bits well spent.

I have to agree. I've said it before that I think all the technology with the light shows is detrimental the vibe of the show.I have always thought that tecnology is just a destraction from the reality around you. The GD didn't have a audience loaded with iphones. I hate them. There is nothin worse than opening your eyes after a lengthy jam and upon opening them, immediatly in your line of sight is someone texting the setist to their FB friends. I see that phone and Im reminded of emails and bills and taxes and shit I don't want to think about when Im at a show. I wish we could just once have a No-tech show. Ok, done ranting.

I'm hanging at the Acura (actually Ray-Ban then) stage at Jazz Fest, N.O. and this dude pulls out his cell phone, yapping away. Dude next to me drops him to the ground, one punch. My friend Jane asks the guy that dropped the other dude, "Would you like some Rescue Remedy? It's a flower essence." Dude promptly responds, "Yes thank you." Then she attended to the guy on the ground. Fin hilarious.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#233504 1 year, 5 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Much to the dismay, I'm sure, of ZenoMarx, I've ordered a Tascam recorder, and I'm going out tomorrow to buy a recharging-case for my Iphone. Also, one of our Iphones still has unlimited internet, and I'll be attempting to live stream.

I do promise to turn the light of my screen all the way down. I also promise to try and be as unobtrusive as possible.

I've got GA for all four nights (so, Ogden stream!), any suggestions about a good place to set up? Should I just try and stand by the SB?

15-20 "rows" back from stage, dead center, if you can. I like the screen off when not needed idea. Folks will certainly enjoy the live stream. Thank you for your consideration.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233630 1 year, 5 months ago
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

it's like my man ahhhnuld said: "relax, you'll live longah"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#233632 1 year, 5 months ago
I used to take pictures at every Furthur show I could...until the Greek this past October. That was the first show I didn't tamper with my phone at all. And it was a VERY lovely experience.

I remember the Shakedowns (song) at Nov 2010 and Nov 2011 Chicago shows...I was so excited to hear it, just HAD to get some pics...and then upload them on facebook of course. It ruined the Shakedown experience for me.

Lesson learned. No more hopping on my phone when a great song comes on so I can capture the moment. Unless I'm <30 feet from the stage.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233636 1 year, 5 months ago
i don't fuck with my phone at all during a show, but i just don't get how someone else discreetly taking a picture or sending a setlist is bothersome...these overly-sensitive, "i'm a better deadhead than thou" folks should pool their money and have furthur play in their living room so they can dictate how everyone present should enjoy the experience according to their pure and lofty standards because only they 'get it' and know how to behave and the rest of the unwashed masses are just newbie tourists who don't deserve to be in the same room as these super-fan gestapo agents...don't get up to pee, don't get a beer, you can only dance a certain way, don't sing along, don't clap at inappropriate intervals, you may only move within a 1 foot sphere and face front at all times or you are not doing it right and should just stay home...TFOOH
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#233642 1 year, 5 months ago
Furthur seems to be a pretty cheap project. The light show is atrocious, this band could afford so much better. The sound mix is terrible as well and the music is NEVER loud enough. It just doesn't make sense, these guys have the ability to put on such a better show.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233648 1 year, 5 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Furthur seems to be a pretty cheap project. The light show is atrocious, this band could afford so much better. The sound mix is terrible as well and the music is NEVER loud enough. It just doesn't make sense, these guys have the ability to put on such a better show.

Post of the week. I could care less about the lights but the mix and sound level comments are spot on.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233654 1 year, 5 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
I appreciate that it bugs you and dancinbear, etc but I guess we all have to display some degree of tolerance as well.
Beer runs and subsequent piss runs. Taco chip runs. The antsy "I gotta get out of here and walk around." Smoke breaks. People sneaking into other/new seats. Without the phones, and all the bullshit they invite, I'm moving out of the way and tolerating someone for some reason or another every 60 seconds.

It was pointed out that we are at a rock concert. Again, exactly. Folks are spending $100+ (ticket, gas, parking, vacation time, etc) and hours of their day to watch and listen to music. They're not there to deal with the inconsiderate and rude with gnat-like attention spans who want to gain popularity and provide half-thought charity to the outside world at the expense of others. I don't find any of this a matter of tolerance or intolerance. Sorry, I truly do not.

I still don't think it is that black and white. When my wife gets a text from the babysitter that our daughter is not feeling well or something, what are you going to do walk up and knock her out for responding to a text? But before that, you would have already knocked me out for grabbing a beer and taking a piss. I mean c'mon give me a break. Seriously man, just ask my wife I really hate lack of courtesy and disrespect and I am always conscious of my behavior, but sorry bro I'm going to drink my beer and subsequently use the bathroom, and I am so sorry that upsets you.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233657 1 year, 5 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Understandable. I get annoyed when people sing in my ear.

Like I said, I'll do my best to not be a nuisance, and will definitely turn my screen as low as it will go.

Thanks for the tips about where to go ( also, other people feel free to chime in ). Gonna try and get on the front row of the back upper balcony for Ogden.

Get in line early man!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#233684 1 year, 5 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

The irony of it all! That creepy bug always make me want to move away from your posts as quickly as possible.
Concerning your stance above, I hope that you also choose not to let what you do bother others. (Please free the bug.)
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, kevin
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233698 1 year, 5 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
spring mountain high wrote:

The irony of it all! That creepy bug always make me want to move away from your posts as quickly as possible.
Concerning your stance above, I hope that you also choose not to let what you do bother others. (Please free the bug.)

i try to be considerate, but i'm not perfect, unlike some others here who have attained the 28th circle of all-knowing deadheadian wisdom and enlightenment...i may breathe too loudly or look in the wrong direction...i may need to use the bathroom at what some may deem an inopportune time or i may take a picture of the band...and for all these mortal sins and more i plead for understanding from those who are better heads than me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Sustainabill
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds