• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: Band Gripes

#233642 1 year, 8 months ago
Furthur seems to be a pretty cheap project. The light show is atrocious, this band could afford so much better. The sound mix is terrible as well and the music is NEVER loud enough. It just doesn't make sense, these guys have the ability to put on such a better show.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#233648 1 year, 8 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Furthur seems to be a pretty cheap project. The light show is atrocious, this band could afford so much better. The sound mix is terrible as well and the music is NEVER loud enough. It just doesn't make sense, these guys have the ability to put on such a better show.

Post of the week. I could care less about the lights but the mix and sound level comments are spot on.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#233654 1 year, 8 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
I appreciate that it bugs you and dancinbear, etc but I guess we all have to display some degree of tolerance as well.
Beer runs and subsequent piss runs. Taco chip runs. The antsy "I gotta get out of here and walk around." Smoke breaks. People sneaking into other/new seats. Without the phones, and all the bullshit they invite, I'm moving out of the way and tolerating someone for some reason or another every 60 seconds.

It was pointed out that we are at a rock concert. Again, exactly. Folks are spending $100+ (ticket, gas, parking, vacation time, etc) and hours of their day to watch and listen to music. They're not there to deal with the inconsiderate and rude with gnat-like attention spans who want to gain popularity and provide half-thought charity to the outside world at the expense of others. I don't find any of this a matter of tolerance or intolerance. Sorry, I truly do not.

I still don't think it is that black and white. When my wife gets a text from the babysitter that our daughter is not feeling well or something, what are you going to do walk up and knock her out for responding to a text? But before that, you would have already knocked me out for grabbing a beer and taking a piss. I mean c'mon give me a break. Seriously man, just ask my wife I really hate lack of courtesy and disrespect and I am always conscious of my behavior, but sorry bro I'm going to drink my beer and subsequently use the bathroom, and I am so sorry that upsets you.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#233657 1 year, 8 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Understandable. I get annoyed when people sing in my ear.

Like I said, I'll do my best to not be a nuisance, and will definitely turn my screen as low as it will go.

Thanks for the tips about where to go ( also, other people feel free to chime in ). Gonna try and get on the front row of the back upper balcony for Ogden.

Get in line early man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#233684 1 year, 8 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

it's like my man ahhhnuld said: "relax, you'll live longah"

The irony of it all! That creepy bug always make me want to move away from your posts as quickly as possible.
Concerning your stance above, I hope that you also choose not to let what you do bother others. (Please free the bug.)
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, kevin
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233698 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

The irony of it all! That creepy bug always make me want to move away from your posts as quickly as possible.
Concerning your stance above, I hope that you also choose not to let what you do bother others. (Please free the bug.)

i try to be considerate, but i'm not perfect, unlike some others here who have attained the 28th circle of all-knowing deadheadian wisdom and enlightenment...i may breathe too loudly or look in the wrong direction...i may need to use the bathroom at what some may deem an inopportune time or i may take a picture of the band...and for all these mortal sins and more i plead for understanding from those who are better heads than me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Sustainabill
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#233733 1 year, 8 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:

i try to be considerate, but i'm not perfect, unlike some others here who have attained the 28th circle of all-knowing deadheadian wisdom and enlightenment...i may breathe too loudly or look in the wrong direction...i may need to use the bathroom at what some may deem an inopportune time or i may take a picture of the band...and for all these mortal sins and more i plead for understanding from those who are better heads than me

Well if we are nominating posts of the week or month or whatever this post gets my vote. Thanks spring mountain high!
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#233736 1 year, 8 months ago
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Your response indicates that you try to act in a socially acceptable manner. I fail to grasp your sarcasm if directed toward me. I am far from perfect. I hope that I don't sound like a sanctimonious bastard. I was commenting about that creepy bug that appears in your posts. We don't all have the same levels of appreciation or tolerance. I know some older folks that avoid dealing with people with dreadlocks because they think they are dirty. Dreadlocks are fine to me, but I want to squash that creepy bug!
Thank You Jerry
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233745 1 year, 8 months ago
I do not like to be referred to as a Deadhead. Someone owes me an apology.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#233749 1 year, 8 months ago
I really don't understand why folks would get upset that someone said cell phone use at concerts bothers them. People in our society like to believe that their actions effect no one else. Someone saying it annoys them when hundreds of people hold their phones over their heads to take a pic or something is not nearly as anal as someone complaining about about someone complaining about the actual problem of phones at shows.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by B-Rad.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds