• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

Re: Band Gripes

#233481 1 year, 2 months ago
Much to the dismay, I'm sure, of ZenoMarx, I've ordered a Tascam recorder, and I'm going out tomorrow to buy a recharging-case for my Iphone. Also, one of our Iphones still has unlimited internet, and I'll be attempting to live stream.

I do promise to turn the light of my screen all the way down. I also promise to try and be as unobtrusive as possible.

I've got GA for all four nights (so, Ogden stream!), any suggestions about a good place to set up? Should I just try and stand by the SB?
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
The following user(s) said Thank You: spring mountain high
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#233486 1 year, 2 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Much to the dismay, I'm sure, of ZenoMarx, I've ordered a Tascam recorder, and I'm going out tomorrow to buy a recharging-case for my Iphone. Also, one of our Iphones still has unlimited internet, and I'll be attempting to live stream.

I do promise to turn the light of my screen all the way down. I also promise to try and be as unobtrusive as possible.

I've got GA for all four nights (so, Ogden stream!), any suggestions about a good place to set up? Should I just try and stand by the SB?

In front of the soundboard is your best bet but centered for sure try not to move to much. Front row balcony may be good also. I am sure their will be more expert advice from others, have fun.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#233489 1 year, 2 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:

I love what the tapers do for us. Nothing but respect for them, which is why I'd never walk by a microphone and clap or whistle or strike up a conversation while the music was playing. It isn't just out of respect for what they're doing for all of us, but out of common courtesy and a modicum of social etiquette. A split-second of thought gives me the foresight to know what they're trying to accomplish and how I can lend to that result. Being considerate is not a monumental task, and to be asked of it in return is not a monumental request.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#233490 1 year, 2 months ago
I have always found watching a show distracting. I usually find myself closing my eyes. Unless I'm dancing really strong and then I need to peek while I peak. And who am I kidding, my eyes are also open when those sheer skirted girls float by. But that's instinct.

Word of Advice: make sure to keep your balance if your in the taper section. I remember one fungi-induced tunnel vision during a Hampton birdsong.....thought I was going to faint ....until I remembered to breath deep.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#233495 1 year, 2 months ago
Understandable. I get annoyed when people sing in my ear.

Like I said, I'll do my best to not be a nuisance, and will definitely turn my screen as low as it will go.

Thanks for the tips about where to go ( also, other people feel free to chime in ). Gonna try and get on the front row of the back upper balcony for Ogden.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#233498 1 year, 2 months ago
[quote="DancinBear" post=233394]ZenoMarx wrote:
I prefer the stripped down, no light show tours. Throw up a giant tie-dye backdrop with basic stage lights (static, if you please), and I'm good to go. Let me see the band. I'm there to watch and listen to them. I don't want any of the other pomp & circumstance. And if it saves me even a quarter on the ticket price, it's two bits well spent.

I have to agree. I've said it before that I think all the technology with the light shows is detrimental the vibe of the show.I have always thought that tecnology is just a destraction from the reality around you. The GD didn't have a audience loaded with iphones. I hate them. There is nothin worse than opening your eyes after a lengthy jam and upon opening them, immediatly in your line of sight is someone texting the setist to their FB friends. I see that phone and Im reminded of emails and bills and taxes and shit I don't want to think about when Im at a show. I wish we could just once have a No-tech show. Ok, done ranting.

I'm hanging at the Acura (actually Ray-Ban then) stage at Jazz Fest, N.O. and this dude pulls out his cell phone, yapping away. Dude next to me drops him to the ground, one punch. My friend Jane asks the guy that dropped the other dude, "Would you like some Rescue Remedy? It's a flower essence." Dude promptly responds, "Yes thank you." Then she attended to the guy on the ground. Fin hilarious.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#233504 1 year, 2 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:

15-20 "rows" back from stage, dead center, if you can. I like the screen off when not needed idea. Folks will certainly enjoy the live stream. Thank you for your consideration.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233630 1 year, 2 months ago
meh, as long as i can hear the music, and nobody is being violent, i've learned to not let what others do bother me...want to pay $75 to fart with your phone all night? have at it

it's like my man ahhhnuld said: "relax, you'll live longah"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#233632 1 year, 2 months ago
I used to take pictures at every Furthur show I could...until the Greek this past October. That was the first show I didn't tamper with my phone at all. And it was a VERY lovely experience.

I remember the Shakedowns (song) at Nov 2010 and Nov 2011 Chicago shows...I was so excited to hear it, just HAD to get some pics...and then upload them on facebook of course. It ruined the Shakedown experience for me.

Lesson learned. No more hopping on my phone when a great song comes on so I can capture the moment. Unless I'm <30 feet from the stage.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#233636 1 year, 2 months ago
i don't fuck with my phone at all during a show, but i just don't get how someone else discreetly taking a picture or sending a setlist is bothersome...these overly-sensitive, "i'm a better deadhead than thou" folks should pool their money and have furthur play in their living room so they can dictate how everyone present should enjoy the experience according to their pure and lofty standards because only they 'get it' and know how to behave and the rest of the unwashed masses are just newbie tourists who don't deserve to be in the same room as these super-fan gestapo agents...don't get up to pee, don't get a beer, you can only dance a certain way, don't sing along, don't clap at inappropriate intervals, you may only move within a 1 foot sphere and face front at all times or you are not doing it right and should just stay home...TFOOH
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds