• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Band Gripes

#227207 1 year, 7 months ago
MissinJerry wrote:
I just dont get it, who runs the show anyways...

JeffC, often his back is to the audience... whats up with that? Rearrange you dang keyboards so that you are either facing THE PEOPLE that are paying your bills (the audience) or at least the band... but for the paying customers to see your back is just wrong!

JeffP, keep yer dang hands out of your pockets! when does someone put their hands in their pockets? WHEN THEY ARE BORED... You bored when you are up there on the stage?

Phil/Bob, whats up with your lighting person?
There is no feeling to the lights, seems like he/she either doesnt know the music, doesnt care, or just has no groove or really isnt a lighting person...
Remember the old days? The lights were a big part of the show, they were made for the music...
NEVER did one say, "its just a dude hitting the chase button every now and then"
I would NEVER tell someone to go see a Phish show and be subjected to their nursery rhymes.
BUT if they were to go, they would be blown away!
Best dang sounding nursery rhymes your ears will ever hear.. and an AMAZING light show to boot... WOW!
It wouldn't cost the Bob/Phil ANY more to have a real lighting person that did the lights, like a musician playing their instrument.
FURTHUR DESERVES A BETTER LIGHT SHOW!

Try looking into a 1000 watt light bulb and then you will see plenty of colors. Maybe the problem lies in your expectations?
Really your first post ever is full of complaints??? Is there anything about furthur that you like????????????????????????????????
stricken
Gold Boarder

#227208 1 year, 7 months ago
I have no gripes i like the fact that i dont have to pay a extra 20.00 for lighting and as for the volume level well it may be hard for you to realize that the band is looking out for your ears as to not damage them. After all if you cant hear them there would be no real reason to see them.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#227210 1 year, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
I agree with you on the lightng. Who really needs it?
For me, the music is the entire event. I acknowledge many people want it to be more than a concert. For my experience, everything else besides the music is a distraction and is unnecessary.

It's a complicated issue, though. Religions have historically stroked all the senses. Frankincense, gold and art and the opulent, bread & wine, song, and community. The spectacle isn't new. I have a true appreciation for the peripherals, but in the end, that's all they are: peripherals. They aren't necessary for fulfillment.

The music is the entire event! But not every show and tour has to be a stripped down peripherals show so as to show everyone the "true" path to fulfillment by not diluting the sacramental rights. My favorite lighting so far has been the pollack backdrop they had on the west coast and small portion of the east coast. Why oh why the got rid of the Mandalas ill have no idea, probably because bob hates tie-dye I would like for one thing to see a little more interesting lighting sometimes, i mean why not? If you go to so many shows why not? I've been to over a 100 Furthur at this point all over the country and I would not mind a little eye candy when I see the next run of shows but if its not there it won't break my heart. But god if people are too distracted and detracted by lights at a concert then how would you have faired at an acid test?
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf. Reason: Tomfoolery again
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227214 1 year, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
I agree with you on the lightng. Who really needs it?
For me, the music is the entire event. I acknowledge many people want it to be more than a concert. For my experience, everything else besides the music is a distraction and is unnecessary.

It's a complicated issue, though. Religions have historically stroked all the senses. Frankincense, gold and art and the opulent, bread & wine, song, and community. The spectacle isn't new. I have a true appreciation for the peripherals, but in the end, that's all they are: peripherals. They aren't necessary for fulfillment.

The music is the entire event! But not every show and tour has to be a stripped down peripherals show so as to show everyone the "true" path to fulfillment by not diluting the sacramental rights. My favorite lighting so far has been the pollack backdrop they had on the west coast and small portion of the east coast. Why oh why the got rid of the Mandalas ill have no idea, probably because bob hates tie-dye I would like for one thing to see a little more interesting lighting sometimes, i mean why not? If you go to so many shows why not? I've been to over a 100 Furthur at this point all over the country and I would not mind a little eye candy when I see the next run of shows but if its not there it won't break my heart. But god if people are too distracted and detracted by lights at a concert then how would you have faired at an acid test?

It's not that anyone doesn't like the pretty colours and eye candy, it's just that in the grand scheme it's but a small fraction
of the overall experience.
You can't compare today's lighting with what was used at the acid tests, if that's what you were referring to
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#227218 1 year, 7 months ago
I think the lighting is fine but I also don't hear a problem with the sound. I agree with Zeno on some of the covers, but when have these guys ever listened to the fans when it comes to tunes (and should they really). I do think some of the earlier set lists were better than the past year or two, which have gotten kind of repetitive with song selections.

As far as Bob's tones...on the Golden Road show on XM last week David Gans mentioned a particular 1973 show with terrible Bobby tones that he said made it unlistenable. So people who think this is new don't know what they are talking about (same with the flubbed lyrics...that has been going on since the late 60s). Bobby likes to try new things out on stage. It is why we love him and why this music isn't for everyone.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#227222 1 year, 7 months ago
I want more double encores!!! And a few more triple!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#227223 1 year, 7 months ago
More Colorado shows !!!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#227226 1 year, 7 months ago
In order for shows to be just exactly perfect, we should add Dancing Elephants into the mix. I remember this show in the early 70's. It was held at a drive in movie theater near Kalamazoo. The elephants had nice costumes with glitter and everything. As an animal rights activist, I was concerned that shows might not be the healthiest place for our four legged (plus one trunk) friends to hang. Sensing my concerns, a kindly elephant assured me that dancing at shows was a lot more fun then being behind cages at zoo's. They were a bit concerned about the decible level. The band was kind enough to provide tie dies ear plugs. When the music got hot, those elephants could really get down and boogie. Who woulda thunk it?
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#227228 1 year, 7 months ago
Bob never sends me comp tour tickets 'just because.'
perry
Senior Boarder

#227233 1 year, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
More Colorado shows !!!

And play the songs I want to hear! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds