• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: One final thought on some people here

#226713 1 year, 7 months ago
I have probably said all of this b4, but what the heck, lets try one more time. This site was opened up by Furthur management as a place where people who like the music can connect. Anyone is welcomed, even "trolls." If people say or do dumb stuff, it can (if one chooses to) be ignored. Why get upset when people are trying to upset you. I agree with FFlower when she says "lets keep it about the music! If you don't agree or have a negative thing to say about a person, show, or any kind of experience you have the right to speak your mind but there is a way of saying something and attacking something. Call me whatever but I like this site to stay delightful."
Not everyone is on board with this, and since anyone can chime in, silly stuff is going to happen.
This idea of clicks and ganging up is all silly. If we choose to, we can all do better. I also believe that the positive stuff remains, even if some have a different agenda. Even in a family, some people are better liked than others. But seriously, this is not a popularity contest. People can say or do what they want. We could actually be respectful and nice to each other. Or not. People have a right to be themselves. We can, if we choose to do it in a kind way.
Hopefully we can have a forum that is fun, light, positive and accepting of human failings. No guarntees, just a hope.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by nycdave.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#226715 1 year, 7 months ago
Captain Tony is about as much a troll as that dog is a lion. His standards of humor might not be be everybody's taste; I don't care about that. I do care when people spew toxic comments about artists. It makes me question their mental state. I am talking directly about pig. Pig, if you don't like it, tough luck, you stick your neck out, it gets chopped off.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#226725 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
I know i've been an ass, but it's amazing to me how some people jump on the bandwagon and start a mob mentality around here. There's some cool people here, and there is also alot of two faced people here, but alas, this is the internet and it's a mixture of folks and I know that. I am personally tired of the fighting and no, I don't believe I started the bickering. Some folks decided to chime in on an argument between me and another person, who I believe started the whole damn thing in the first place. To the people who think I'm a troll, kiss my ass, I been on this site since it started. My understanding are trolls don't stay in one place too long. They do their damage and move on. I ain't leaving. I can see how cliques have evolved on this site and that is fine, but I also see what happens if these cliques decide you are not worthy anymore. The discussion about making this site a pay service so trolls like me can stay off should be kept in private.
I know this post isn't doing much justice in damage control but oh well it's already out there.

You keep on Truckin' Captain!

Your critics should take their issues to the Kangaroo Court thread and litigate them.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#226728 1 year, 7 months ago
"Misfit Power! We are misfits who play for misfits!" -- Bob Weir
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, splatter_face, Sustainabill
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#226760 1 year, 7 months ago
"Misfit Power! We are misfits who play for misfits!" -- Bob Weir[/quote]

"This ones for the girl with lobotomy eyes" - Bob Weir 4/10/83

also for this place a more appropriate tune I can not think of: Weir all misfits!

ddderek
Junior Boarder

#226763 1 year, 7 months ago
2 things...
1. with all do respect, we can't just keep it about the music, it is a community that is so much more...

2. this is the internet... we all know people get big and boisterous sitting at home in their pajamas talking (errr TYPING) smack to other people they feel are not worthy of them... This, unfortunately, will never change. Hence we all are entitled to our own opinions, treat each other and their opinions with respect and we will all get along. And ignore the hate and they will get bored and go away...

Peace!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcidTestGraduate
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#226788 1 year, 7 months ago
A peaceful place or so it looks from space,
A closer look reveals the human race.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, kevin, AcidTestGraduate
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226790 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
I know i've been an ass, but it's amazing to me how some people jump on the bandwagon and start a mob mentality around here. There's some cool people here, and there is also alot of two faced people here, but alas, this is the internet and it's a mixture of folks and I know that. I am personally tired of the fighting and no, I don't believe I started the bickering. Some folks decided to chime in on an argument between me and another person, who I believe started the whole damn thing in the first place. To the people who think I'm a troll, kiss my ass, I been on this site since it started. My understanding are trolls don't stay in one place too long. They do their damage and move on. I ain't leaving. I can see how cliques have evolved on this site and that is fine, but I also see what happens if these cliques decide you are not worthy anymore. The discussion about making this site a pay service so trolls like me can stay off should be kept in private.
I know this post isn't doing much justice in damage control but oh well it's already out there.

You have as much right to be here as anyone. I've been accused of some of which you have, and it does not bother me one iota.

You obviously have a unique sense of humor, of which I can relate. What we find funny varies. Sometimes I post things here that I probably find more funny than anyone else. Shoot me for being entertained, hopefully not at the expense of anyone else's well being. And by the way, if the picture of the flag I posted a while back really bothered anyone, as if I were casting aspersions on those who stand behind it for photo ops, then I suggest you reevaluate what's really important.

I could also care less about cliques. High school was over a long time ago.

It would be good to see this forum rise above the name calling. I've always taken pride in being a part of this community at large (not just on the forum) to be a pretty bright bunch just because you allowed yourselves to gravitate towards the music and the scene.

It seems you've served your penance. Now where's my f'n Air Jordans?
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#226791 1 year, 7 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
"Misfit Power! We are misfits who play for misfits!" -- Bob Weir

"This ones for the girl with lobotomy eyes" - Bob Weir 4/10/83

also for this place a more appropriate tune I can not think of: Weir all misfits!

[/quote]

I remember when he said that in Morgantown about the girl, right before the US Blues encore. Great memories.

Oh no, I'm off topic. Yikes........guess I'm a troll
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#226792 1 year, 7 months ago
[quote="ddderek" post=226763]2 things...
1. with all do respect, we can't just keep it about the music

The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#226838 1 year, 7 months ago
Question to Mickey Hart: Why is it that you can bring some people to it but you can't make them get it?
Mickey Hart: Some people aren't ready to change. They don't come into this environment with a sense of openness. If you come to it with a lot of prejudices, you'll walk away with twice as many. But if you come to it wanting to have fun and be moved, it'll make you look inside and think of things you never thought of before. It makes other realities seem common... But I don't want to get into cosmic mumbo-jumbo.

Bob Weir: The undiscriminating and unconditional adulation and love of those people doesn't do a whole lot for the music, I'll say. When the crowd goes wild after we've rendered a dismal set, I don't think should clap at all. They should run us out of town on a rail - but they never do. I don't think that our audience is very critical, but they know that we are pretty much the only meaningful alternative in popular music. The rest of it all sounds pretty similar, and we're not like the rest of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#226841 1 year, 7 months ago
I remember when he said that in Morgantown about the girl, right before the US Blues encore. Great memories.

Bingo! I could write a book on my experiences on that night alone... oh shit.. guess I'm delving into troll territory as this is a "furthur" site

Oh no, I'm off topic. Yikes........guess I'm a troll

Welcome to the club... Shit I think the annoited "trolls" are the ones who did "get it" either now or in the day....
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds