• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: One final thought on some people here

#226889 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
You see all this bickering can bring folks closer together. we're like a dysfunctional walton's family.

Hey John boy, did you smoke the last doobie? Ma' I told you not
To wash my tie dyes in hot water, look how they faded!!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226890 1 year, 7 months ago
go to your room john boy, as your lawyer i recommend you listen to white rabbit as loud as poossible.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by captaintony.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#226914 1 year, 7 months ago
OK, wtf, I'll add my opinion.

First, admitting that you're as ass is the first step in getting help.

Second, being here from the beginning has no merit. If you're behavior bothers people, it bothers people, time here has nothing to do with it.

There's a clear difference that can be made between content and blatant disrespect. Creating a thread that has content some people find offensive is fine as long as they realize, as in the case of Capt Tony, that's what he has to say. As long as people are able to ignore it if they wish then fine, post away because quite simply...you don't have to read it.

Now, when you post that bs in other peoples threads then you cross the line. Same goes for creating numerous threads at once. People are not able to ignore your posts and it becomes very disrespectful.

Everyone has the right to post as they like, but also has the responsibility to be respectful of the other members here. People cross that line occasionally, but for the most part collectively we are good at not doing so. Except for Capt Tony, who posts several threads in a short time of pointless bs. This pisses people off and he knows it. Not maybe or sort of or kind of, definitely. I still can't figure out why he does so anyway.

Couldn't you just keep it in two or three threads in 24 hrs? Say what you like, if others don't like it then they have the chance to ignore it. When you post all that bs in numerous threads it disrespects the rest of the members here, and that it the root of this issue. We can't ignore it because its all over the board. Its like of a petulant child who needs attention and decides to shit on everyone else to get some.

So with everyone's rights in check and all aware of their responsibilities Capt Tony by all means has every right to post all the crazy bs he likes, and I wish him more power to do so. But please remember to keep it in a thread or two, not everyone is interested in hearing what you have to say, and you offend many people here when you don't do so.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#226932 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
You see all this bickering can bring folks closer together. we're like a dysfunctional walton's family.

Waltons???????? More like the Addams family. I nominate myself for Uncle Fester & Jen for Morticia.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#226936 1 year, 7 months ago
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by SugarMee.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#226938 1 year, 7 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you have summed up this thread very well sugarmee

-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by kevin. Reason: very well
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226994 1 year, 7 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
OK, wtf, I'll add my opinion.

First, admitting that you're as ass is the first step in getting help.

Second, being here from the beginning has no merit. If you're behavior bothers people, it bothers people, time here has nothing to do with it.

There's a clear difference that can be made between content and blatant disrespect. Creating a thread that has content some people find offensive is fine as long as they realize, as in the case of Capt Tony, that's what he has to say. As long as people are able to ignore it if they wish then fine, post away because quite simply...you don't have to read it.

Now, when you post that bs in other peoples threads then you cross the line. Same goes for creating numerous threads at once. People are not able to ignore your posts and it becomes very disrespectful.

Everyone has the right to post as they like, but also has the responsibility to be respectful of the other members here. People cross that line occasionally, but for the most part collectively we are good at not doing so. Except for Capt Tony, who posts several threads in a short time of pointless bs. This pisses people off and he knows it. Not maybe or sort of or kind of, definitely. I still can't figure out why he does so anyway.

Couldn't you just keep it in two or three threads in 24 hrs? Say what you like, if others don't like it then they have the chance to ignore it. When you post all that bs in numerous threads it disrespects the rest of the members here, and that it the root of this issue. We can't ignore it because its all over the board. Its like of a petulant child who needs attention and decides to shit on everyone else to get some.

So with everyone's rights in check and all aware of their responsibilities Capt Tony by all means has every right to post all the crazy bs he likes, and I wish him more power to do so. But please remember to keep it in a thread or two, not everyone is interested in hearing what you have to say, and you offend many people here when you don't do so.

you know what?!! I agree with you and no this isn't sarcastic. I only used the time factor to make some sort of point I don't even remember now, I wasn't saying since I'd been here a long time I had the right to do whatever i wanted, it was more like stating I wasn't planning on leaving any time soon or in the near future. But anyhow thanks for the post.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#226995 1 year, 7 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
captaintony wrote:

Waltons???????? More like the Addams family. I nominate myself for Uncle Fester & Jen for Morticia.

what about the Munsters? I wanna be Grandpa. He got to hang with Howard Stern.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#226999 1 year, 7 months ago
If you're willing to be honest, speak your peace, w/o too much self-righteous adamant bravado. Except in the case of obvious bloated pompous sarcasm, for the sake of discovered learning . . . er, uhm, have a point. I'm a fine one to speak, as I know my points can be rather obscure, if not acutely obtuse. Everyone needs a little healing, some a lot, one of the prime things I loved of the Shakedown, Family, and Dead show scene in the day, Brent days. We were able to come together, meet, be challenged, or inspired, or whatever, but left to self-correct through our experience . . . I probably don't agree with everything any one has said on this forum, including myself. Opinions typically don't change in moderate company. Yet in the company of fearless, learned, or experienced, opinions can change often, evolution. If our conversation is for self gratification, I would certainly rather not contribute. However, for those who come to this forum to share their passion for the beloved experience we've had with this music, and now this band, and related issues; welcome, thanks for sharing. "Whoa-oh what I want to know-oh is are you kind?"
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#227001 1 year, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
captaintony wrote:

what about the Munsters? I wanna be Grandpa. He got to hang with Howard Stern.

Well if you listen to Stern... you know Grandpa was "famous" for being um well endowed in real life. This automatically disqualifies you for the part. Further being as not one poster seconded my nomination it looks like your promotion has been 86'd. You will remain a captain.
Time to create page: 1.03 seconds