• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

One final thought on some people here

#226642 1 year, 3 months ago
I know i've been an ass, but it's amazing to me how some people jump on the bandwagon and start a mob mentality around here. There's some cool people here, and there is also alot of two faced people here, but alas, this is the internet and it's a mixture of folks and I know that. I am personally tired of the fighting and no, I don't believe I started the bickering. Some folks decided to chime in on an argument between me and another person, who I believe started the whole damn thing in the first place. To the people who think I'm a troll, kiss my ass, I been on this site since it started. My understanding are trolls don't stay in one place too long. They do their damage and move on. I ain't leaving. I can see how cliques have evolved on this site and that is fine, but I also see what happens if these cliques decide you are not worthy anymore. The discussion about making this site a pay service so trolls like me can stay off should be kept in private.
I know this post isn't doing much justice in damage control but oh well it's already out there.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by captaintony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, Still Takin it Weirder
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: One final thought on some people here

#226645 1 year, 3 months ago
Hey man I wouldn't worry about it. For what it's worth, I don't think you are a troll. There are a lot of personalities out there, and a mixture of them should be a good thing...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken, captaintony, nycdave
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#226648 1 year, 3 months ago
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by ZenoMarx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#226661 1 year, 3 months ago
I have no issue with you either, never have man. Cliques are lame, not sure if that is happening here because I don't fall into that BS. Your cool, if you don't jive with certain people just let it be. No biggie
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
mecindylewis
Fresh Boarder

#226668 1 year, 3 months ago
I know its an excellent song!! But I've heard Taylor swift's the red many times in a day.....love you Taylor!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#226686 1 year, 3 months ago
[quote="captaintony" post=226642]I know i've been an ass, but it's amazing to me how some people jump on the bandwagon and start a mob mentality around here. There's some cool people here, and there is also alot of two faced people here, but alas, this is the internet and it's a mixture of folks and I know that. I am personally tired of the fighting and no, I don't believe I started the bickering. Some folks decided to chime in on an argument between me and another person, who I believe started the whole damn thing in the first place. To the people who think I'm a troll, kiss my ass, I been on this site since it started. My understanding are trolls don't stay in one place too long. They do their damage and move on. I ain't leaving. I can see how cliques have evolved on this site and that is fine, but I also see what happens if these cliques decide you are not worthy anymore. The discussion about making this site a pay service so trolls like me can stay off should be kept in private.

Brilliant!!!!! I've been cheering you on from the sidelines... you are 100% spot on. While I don't always find all of your posts funny, and a few in questionable taste, I find a lot of you posts humorous and respect your right to be here and post what you want. The "mob" mentality and super duper "furthur cliques" here are straight out of second grade. The people who use the word troll don't even know its meaning. Phil is god was a troll BUT he stlll managed to make some valid poiints. You nor I are a troll ( although the holier than thou/furthur than thou, I own this sight W Lewis has accused me of the being one also). That thread was a classic... W lewis showing his true colors... like anyone here gives 2 shits that he won't get in a furthur board photo anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! . Anyway I stayed out of that thread and had stopped coming here very often because of it being a giant sandbox.. As PIG pointed out dare not say a critical thing about Furthur or you will be attacked by the 2nd grade MOB of fluffers ( and be ostracised.. LOL!) Look out for their nefarious not so subtle tactics of thread bumping to bury your threads/posts, callling you all kinds of "names" LOL again (see your thread), and accusations accusing you of not being a real "head".

Anyway, keep up the good work Captain. I know I for one think you would be a helliuva a lot more fun to hang out with at a show than a 24 yr old holier than thou trust fund kiid who thinks his prescence is a "gift" to the world!!!

( oh on a final note there are some excellent foks here, see posters above me in this thread for example)
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
jcmarckx
Fresh Boarder

#226694 1 year, 3 months ago
Furthur thought I was a Spambot and deleted my account for a week, so I only saw snippets of what went down here. Tony, I always thought you were cool, if a bit off-kilter, and I don't understand why you snapped last week, but hey, whatever. It happens. I don't think any less of you. I still think you're a weirdo in the grooviest way. The guy who started the Bobby hate was clearly a troll, and I don't get why ANYONE would have responded to him in the first place.

Whatevs.

joel
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226695 1 year, 3 months ago
In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
stricken
Gold Boarder

#226697 1 year, 3 months ago
We all can be a ass at times im just as guilty as the next person. content can be taken to the extreme even pictures. I think some people need to feel like they are in charge of this grand experiment. The reality is we are equal,we all have this in common. We also can learn from one another as long as we are open to the lesson's.

With this said every family has arguments and disagreements. Its what happens in life its not all peaches -n- cream.
How we handle adversity will show our growth as a person and as a family.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by stricken.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#226698 1 year, 3 months ago
I love this site. And believe it or not I love the people here too. Even if you are labeled a troll or not. I will let anyone say their peace. But let's all be a little more creative and less hurtful with our words and pictures we share. And most importantly lets keep it about the music! If you don't agree or have a negative thing to say about a person, show, or any kind of experience you have the right to speak your mind but there is a way of saying something and attacking something. Call me whatever but I like this site to stay delightful....its good pastime to escape to.

FurthurFlower's final thought:

I love you!

603168_10151358214636812_619806470_n.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, Sustainabill, funky420, nycdave, ecojaded, spazman, Strider1, Cosmic Arkie, mortimer, theotherone...
Time to create page: 6.43 seconds