• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

incomplete Dew's?

#226572 1 year, 9 months ago
I've heard them where instead of the "I guess it doesn't matter anyway" at the end they go into something else but I've never heard one quite like 12/31/88 where theres no build in the last instrumental and it basically souinds like Jerry and the band lose interest in it and just go into the Sunshine Daydream...

give it a listen, I thought it was a little weird - but it was a great SSDD closer that they went into - archive.org/details/gd1988-12-31.sbd.wal...r.85966.sbeok.flac16

anyone else know of a different incomplete Morning Dew?
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: incomplete Dew's?

#226574 1 year, 9 months ago
wow and now after the SSDD and the break they go into a Wharf Rat from a dead stop - I don't recall hearing one that didn't come out of something... I'm sure they're out there but I doubt there's many at all.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#226693 1 year, 9 months ago
Hi MushroomMan!

Sorry I don't know of any incomplete DEWS!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#226747 1 year, 9 months ago
On 12/2/73 the band opened the second set with Whart Rat. The Encore was Dew. Most of the time both Dew and Wharf Rat have songs b4 and after without a rest bit.
As for 12/31/88, while playing a three song encore, it is one of the few new years eve shows that did not have a third set. Without getting into to many details, the story told by people who know about these things is that young family members took a substance found backstage that was thought to be one thing but turned into something else. People were rushed to hospitals. Everyone involved survived, but this incident put a major damper on the festivities that evening. This may or may not have led to Jerry missing the end verse of Dew. The kind thing about the audience is that band mistakes were not held against the band, at least not by to many.
djmac
Fresh Boarder

#226781 1 year, 9 months ago
4-18-87, complete intrusion by Weir into Throwin.

I think there are a few others in 1988 similar to the 12-31 version as well.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#226789 1 year, 9 months ago
12/13/90 - McNichols Nite #2
Www.archive.org/details/gd90-12-13.sbd-matrix.vernon.24411.sbeok.shnf

Seriously powerful Dew that sets the stage beautifully for Jerry's final line.......and it just quietly closes after serious theatrics. Still one of the favorites I saw. We were rewarded with a Box to close as a peace offering! That whole run was M-A-G-I-C!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by teafortexas.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds